IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

48 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I must be the only person who actually prefers the Pro-line controller over the CX78! 😂 I know they can break quite easily

I was fortunate enough to get one in mint almost brand new condition, and still in the original box.

If you have a good working one it is a good controller. There are certain games where I feel the Pro line is better and vice versa.

Sometimes it’s better to have a joystick and other times a thumb stick or directional pad.

Funny because for me I guess I was use to the Pro line. Now finally experiencing the CX78 I’m like wow I wish we had this controller back in the day. 

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, acidbottle said:

Haha! Well whatever it is you are smoking, I dont want any 😁 Can't beat some fried egg with the morning fry up mind you so cheers!

Though on the subject of Ikari Warriors, I do hope you have one of these https://thunderstickstudio.com/products/grs-super-joystick, you sprung to mind right away!

tbh i'm not smoking anything, but if i was, i'd do it with my Eggs and Games money, promise you'll not find annything in the games or eggs that isnt expected.

Yes i've seen that and i really want it, dont have one unfortunately but maybe someday!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

If you have a good working one it is a good controller. There are certain games where I feel the Pro line is better and vice versa.

Sometimes it’s better to have a joystick and other times a thumb stick or directional pad.

Funny because for me I guess I was use to the Pro line. Now finally experiencing the CX78 I’m like wow I wish we had this controller back in the day. 

Yeh, sometimes different controllers suit different games.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, shane857 said:

Yeh, sometimes different controllers suit different games.

That's the truth!  the cx78 for joust is unbeatable.  I didn't know my right smashing fingers were inherently faster than my left.  Atari teaches us so many things about our selves, even in midlife.  Thank you Atari.  

Yesterday, I trekked to Orwigsburg, PA (2 hr. from Philly) to pick up these CIBs for 15$ a piece.

image.thumb.jpeg.edc1c640be50525263074c88e0f696f4.jpeg

Edited by Bitsized
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Bitsized said:

That's the truth!  the cx78 for joust is unbeatable.  I didn't know my right smashing fingers were inherently faster than my left.  Atari teaches us so many things about our selves, even in midlife.  Thank you Atari.  

Yesterday, I trekked to Orwigsburg, PA (2 hr. from Philly) to pick up these CIBs for 15$ a piece.

That was well worth the trek!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitsized said:

Nice pickups.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240817_174544~2.jpg

Here is the recent pickup.

Oh this is a good one Intellivision Master! I have this one, not from my original collection. I picked this up at my local game store about 15 years ago for $2.00, when they had boxes of 2600 games. No one was buying back then, everyone was trading in. I got lucky on this one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

🤣 What a coincidence! Snoopy is currently flying across the pond to my house too! 

What do you think of this one? The graphics look nice. 

It's funny how we end up getting the same games at the same time.  Not often but it does happen.  Anyway, I think the game is good.  I like that it's a shooter with auto fire.  I need to read the manual again as I'm confused on some things.  I noticed when Snoopy shoots, it looks like the bullets are coming out of his feet.  Lol.  At least it does to me.

Edit: I rechecked the manual online.  I had it on practice mode.  That's why I got mixed up because the enemy didn't attack and you only have one dog house instead of 4.  Also, there are no treats to collect.  What happened was I forgot to press reset.  Lol.  Otherwise it puts you in practice mode.  I did have the difficulty set to 1:4 which is how it shows on screen.  Next time I'll know what to do.

By the way, game 4 is the easy mode.  I'll try that out at some point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's a nice lot there.  You have one of JetmanUk's favorite games which is Gas Hog.

Cheers. Yep it was Jetman's enthusiasm for Gas Hog that made me pick a copy up 😀

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

This is only semi OT, but I am betting a lot of you guys don't look in the Wanted or even Marketplace forum.  People keep mentioning custom carts, I've done that for decades, along with Al.  

Anyone got some Wii crap? :D 

I was under the impression that after Atari bought the site we couldn't do that anymore, especially with say, sprite hacks of known Atari titles. 

22 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

I was under the impression that after Atari bought the site we couldn't do that anymore, especially with say, sprite hacks of known Atari titles. 

Or what, I get fired? 🤣   Not like I am running some eBay store scam like so many other sellers, nobody gives 2 rats about.

Plus, I don't even remember when I last had time to do that (many years), now I do. :P 

4 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

This is only semi OT, but I am betting a lot of you guys don't look in the Wanted or even Marketplace forum.  People keep mentioning custom carts, I've done that for decades, along with Al.  

Anyone got some Wii crap? :D 

I have a Wii, i can give you the wii mote if you want :)