IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

17 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I saw this online! What the??????  Why didn’t they make this a two player? How come I never saw this before? Who even thought of this? Why????? Anyone have one of these in there collection? If so. Why????? 

The Wooden Wonder...

image.png.3a6104a108ed295f7936df9880376c80.png

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I saw this online! What the??????  Why didn’t they make this a two player? How come I never saw this before? Who even thought of this? Why????? Anyone have one of these in there collection? If so. Why????? 

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

This is crazy looking.  Lol.  But seriously that's an interesting find.

• Like 1

Okay i finally got the CX24 and i have to say, it might be my favorite arcade joystick, then again i dont have much experience with joysticks but i felt like my larger hands did well with it, i kinda went hard on Air Raiders with it, would i want atari to release a CX24+?

I'd say only as a 2 controller + holder bundle for Robotron 2084, i feel like that would be a sublime experience

I dont have the 7800 versions but Ikari and Commando were decent on the CX24

I am so glad the CX78+ is the one getting the modern treatment 100% i think it is the most approachable controller and probably best for non-arcade based titles like Bentley Bears Quest or Scrapyard Dog

But its a great arcade at home stick to me, and thats totally a fun vibe.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

Look at my joystick, it's got wood.

Yeah, and no hand cramps.

(It is very Beavis and Butthead isn't it, I used to love it, so funny. I should watch the movie again, I have it on VHS somewhere). 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

Okay i finally got the CX24 and i have to say, it might be my favorite arcade joystick, then again i dont have much experience with joysticks but i felt like my larger hands did well with it, i kinda went hard on Air Raiders with it, would i want atari to release a CX24+?

I'd say only as a 2 controller + holder bundle for Robotron 2084, i feel like that would be a sublime experience

I dont have the 7800 versions but Ikari and Commando were decent on the CX24

I am so glad the CX78+ is the one getting the modern treatment 100% i think it is the most approachable controller and probably best for non-arcade based titles like Bentley Bears Quest or Scrapyard Dog

But its a great arcade at home stick to me, and thats totally a fun vibe.

Yes, I agree. The CX24 is perfect for 7800 games like Commando and Ikari Warriors(especially when you have to exit the tank and have to push both buttons) . I find the CX78 better for side scrolling games that don't require all directional movement.

11 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

This is crazy looking.  Lol.  But seriously that's an interesting find.

This is something i'd make in an attempt to afford money to continue carpentry classes and funds to move out of my extremely warm hometown

But even i would make it for 2 players or robotron

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115705572856

s-l1600-3.thumb.webp.1dd11649f92adbd260996816fb33486b.webp

This is a much more compact solution but still effective.  You can PM for a better price.  

or for 7800 users are looking for something

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115705572856

s-l1600-4.thumb.webp.fcb9b742df4c778b23015ddb4b6eb1da.webp

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Look at my joystick, it's got wood.

Yeah, and no hand cramps.

(It is very Beavis and Butthead isn't it, I used to love it, so funny. I should watch the movie again, I have it on VHS somewhere). 

Huh huh huh huh. He said wood. 

Yeah... heheh hehehh ehhhe 

All joking aside, that is pretty neat. I would also put a pro-line in there lol, same problem 

Edited by tradyblix

Ngl since the CX78+ now has a wireless option i should say if a CX24+ existed, i dont think anybody would want it wireless more than a more durable CX24, and i'd only wanna see it if it came with robotron 2084 in a two pak + holder, as i feel like the kind of people who would be into this are twin stickers and those with very large hands. Most people will spring for CX78+ Controllers and i'm glad thats the main focus.

But i'm too broke for a 7800+ right now, but i'm hoping in a couple months if its still in stock with bentley bears crystal quest and such that i could get my hands on that, seems like a system much more my speed i guess, i dig 7800 a lot, i do dig the 2600 too but 7800 is so sleek! plus that wireless controller would probably signal more contemporary style titles like BBCQ and the like, where you wouldnt need to sit close to the TV

[Now i love sitting close to the TV with arcade/style games, but honestly i feel like i'd mainly use a joystick with those games] but when i sit close to the TV i feel like you've gotta have the classic joystick setup and floor gaming vibes, but i imagine a wireless controller would do wonders for those whom want more RPGs or Action/Adventures and just use the controller for most menu options and starting games, plus it might be the most familiar thing to some younger relatives of mine.

I think just generally the CX40, CX24 and CX78 compliment eachother greatly and maybe theres a space for all three of them.

Also i really like how BBCQ is the pack in for the 7800+, i love those adventure island style romps like JJ and Jeff and Wonder Boy, kinda feels like the lost pack-in title 40 years in the making.

So i'd like to get it with a system to kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Cant wait to see what else will be cooking by Plaion and Atari.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Also i really like how BBCQ is the pack in for the 7800+, i love those adventure island style romps like JJ and Jeff and Wonder Boy, kinda feels like the lost pack-in title 40 years in the making.

So i'd like to get it with a system to kills 2 birds with 1 stone. Cant wait to see what else will be cooking by Plaion and Atari.

I've never played it, and I wouldn't buy it separately, but it's a super great choice for pack-in. Just good times. 

Just save up ! Your broke, but you have some kind of income from some source, yes ? So eat rice and beans a few extra nights, don't buy coffees during lunch or whatever, and you'll get there. you only have to get 140 bucks together. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

I've never played it, and I wouldn't buy it separately, but it's a super great choice for pack-in. Just good times. 

Just save up ! Your broke, but you have some kind of income from some source, yes ? So eat rice and beans a few extra nights, don't buy coffees during lunch or whatever, and you'll get there. you only have to get 140 bucks together. 

I feel like that kind of living situation, maybe luckily isnt the type i have, i dont buy coffees and my food is covered for me, i do think it should take 2-4 months for me to scrounge up what i need though :)

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 6:26 AM, CPUWIZ said:

This is only semi OT, but I am betting a lot of you guys don't look in the Wanted or even Marketplace forum.  People keep mentioning custom carts, I've done that for decades, along with Al.  

Anyone got some Wii crap? :D 

I know i already replied to this and all that but, i will keep this in mind... like a fetch quest in an open world Action Adventure game where you want to find the specific item to trade for a specific item you want ;)

I swear somebody asked me to try the Pro-Line and post which games felt nicer on it than the CX78+

And i'd say it was a very select ammount, mostly arcade titles, but commonly also Flight games like Super Huey and Air Raiders or racers like Fatal Run, the biggest issue for me besides what could eventually be cramps is seemingly how loose/cheap the connector seems to be.

I feel like i've had something like Down not registering or a certain button and i have to plug and replug the controller a few times to get back to full functionality and it doesnt feel as snug of a fit as the other controllers do which might be an age thing but it doesnt help that image of the akward budget joystick.

Plus why does the top spin? I dont think it acts as a paddle, so why is it spinnable? Not a complaint its just funny how it can be a fidget toy, thats fun.

I do think a 7800 joystick is more than a novelty, but i do think if a CX24+ exists, it would need to be much more solid, the buttons feel arcade/name brand home computer solid but maybe the stick would need some tweaking, not sure how but if it would ever be on the table it would make an interesting addition. But only as a Robotron Pack-In as said a bunch of times before or as a secondary to a complete pair of CX78+ controllers and if it was bundled with a 7800+ it would need to be a seperate deluxe set with wireless CX78+ and wired CX24+ joysticks.

But overall its alright.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

I swear somebody asked me to try the Pro-Line and post which games felt nicer on it than the CX78+

And i'd say it was a very select ammount, mostly arcade titles, but commonly also Flight games like Super Huey and Air Raiders or racers like Fatal Run, the biggest issue for me besides what could eventually be cramps is seemingly how loose/cheap the connector seems to be.

I feel like i've had something like Down not registering or a certain button and i have to plug and replug the controller a few times to get back to full functionality and it doesnt feel as snug of a fit as the other controllers do which might be an age thing but it doesnt help that image of the akward budget joystick.

Plus why does the top spin? I dont think it acts as a paddle, so why is it spinnable? Not a complaint its just funny how it can be a fidget toy, thats fun.

I do think a 7800 joystick is more than a novelty, but i do think if a CX24+ exists, it would need to be much more solid, the buttons feel arcade/name brand home computer solid but maybe the stick would need some tweaking, not sure how but if it would ever be on the table it would make an interesting addition. But only as a Robotron Pack-In as said a bunch of times before or as a secondary to a complete pair of CX78+ controllers and if it was bundled with a 7800+ it would need to be a seperate deluxe set with wireless CX78+ and wired CX24+ joysticks.

But overall its alright.

Yeah it was me. 

Loose connectors.. at the 2600+ side ? that might be the 2600+. I remember it being tight on the real 7800. Plus also if it's 40 years old, it's gonna be a bit worse for wear. 

I don't remember if the original top spinned lol. Maybe it's just yours ? Someone confirm. 

14 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Yeah it was me. 

Loose connectors.. at the 2600+ side ? that might be the 2600+. I remember it being tight on the real 7800. Plus also if it's 40 years old, it's gonna be a bit worse for wear. 

I don't remember if the original top spinned lol. Maybe it's just yours ? Someone confirm. 

i dont think i mean the system itself i mean the controller plugging in feels looser than plugging in a different one to 2600+

• Confused 1

This week's haul, two NTSC 2600 games and two PAL 7800 games. 

IMG_20240822_214128.thumb.jpg.752b731e79a62ea220f080dd05944142.jpg

Mat Mania is actually a CIB copy, but I've already put it in its plastic protector and 'filed it'. 

The best game here, hmmm I feel is Frogger 2. Worst, the CIB game. 🤣 Although I imagine it would be fun in two player mode. 

Super Cobra is a lot more playable than my PAL copy and Planet Smashers is OK, actually both are overall not bad shooters. Frogger 2 is definitely the star of the show here. 

Just two loose NTSC games in the post and that's gonna be me until the newly released games I think. My house is full. 🤷🏻🤣

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5