IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

8 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

It's fun but the price for this game is high.  

Yeah it was actually that that made me buy it.🤣

It wasn't cheap, but was way cheaper than other auctions so I bought it. I paid £19.99 with free postage. It usually goes for way more over on eBay. I still think it's too much tbh, the game is not up to the same standard as other similar ones (which are cheaper). I wouldn't say I'd recommend. I'd say play Phoenix or Demon Attack instead. Buying both of those is cheaper than this one game. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

It wasn't cheap, but was way cheaper than other auctions so I bought it. I paid £19.99 with free postage. It usually goes for way more over on eBay. I still think it's too much tbh, the game is not up to the same standard as other similar ones (which are cheaper). I wouldn't say I'd recommend. 

It'd be better to just play the ROM.  The best part is it's free. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

It wasn't cheap, but was way cheaper than other auctions so I bought it. I paid £19.99 with free postage. It usually goes for way more over on eBay. I still think it's too much tbh, the game is not up to the same standard as other similar ones (which are cheaper). I wouldn't say I'd recommend. I'd say play Phoenix or Demon Attack instead. Buying both of those is cheaper than this one game. 

I bought it as Galactic for 6,99€ plus 4,99€ shipping...

20240105_225444.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

£19.99 for Ballblazer woulb be a great deal even for the bare cartridge. Just the POKEY chip inside is worth more. Also the reason why prices of BallBlazer and Commando 7800 are so high since POKEYs are hard to find.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

A better deal for sure. Still overpriced 🤪🤣

I thought I get the other Galactic (Nexar hack) which I like more. Later I paid 12,99€ for that (free shipping)😊

My expensive orders came from the UK and the US due to shipping, tax and stuff💰

For the US it always was like that but I miss the days when carts from the UK were delivered in 3 days (now 2-3 weeks, US is sometimes faster) with much less for shipping, no tax and stuff.

The UK sellers always could tell me right away if it is PAL or NTSC while some German sellers did not understand my question😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I thought I get the other Galactic (Nexar hack) which I like more. Later I paid 12,99€ for that (free shipping)😊

My expensive orders came from the UK and the US due to shipping, tax and stuff💰

For the US it always was like that but I miss the days when carts from the UK were delivered in 3 days (now 2-3 weeks, US is sometimes faster) with much less for shipping, no tax and stuff.

The UK sellers always could tell me right away if it is PAL or NTSC while some German sellers did not understand my question😉

I'd quite like the Nexar hack cart. In fact I'd quite like Nexar as it was one of my very few bad carts. It's not a favourite of mine, but it feels wrong that it's gone from my collection. I only want to pay a small amount to replace it though. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

I really like this thread so I decided to step in with my first post to this forum. The Atari 2600+ got me a bit into collecting games. First the ones that I had in 1982/83 (Space Invaders, Pele's Soccer, Pacman) and after that games I like to play, look interesting or can buy as package deal. These are some of the games I bought last months.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-02 at 21.33.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-02 at 21.32.52.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Still thou, good to play and collect all these 'bootleg' clone games. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I'd quite like the Nexar hack cart. In fact I'd quite like Nexar as it was one of my very few bad carts. It's not a favourite of mine, but it feels wrong that it's gone from my collection. I only want to pay a small amount to replace it though. 

Nexar the spectravision game? I have the original in my collection. Really tough game. Difficulty spikes a bit too quickly. I prefer it over star voyager thou.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pseudografx said:

£19.99 for Ballblazer woulb be a great deal even for the bare cartridge. Just the POKEY chip inside is worth more. Also the reason why prices of BallBlazer and Commando 7800 are so high since POKEYs are hard to find.

Yes they remove them. Not a lot left apparently...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Nexar the spectravision game? I have the original in my collection. Really tough game. Difficulty spikes a bit too quickly. I prefer it over star voyager thou.

Yeah thats the one. I might pick it up at some point. 

4 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Yes they remove them. Not a lot left apparently...

The 2600+ would play a Commando or Ballblazer cart with no Pokey on board?

It will be emulated but is necessary to detect the Pokey during dumping process?

If not, slaughtered carts could get a new home with the 2600+

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

The 2600+ would play a Commando or Ballblazer cart with no Pokey on board?

It will be emulated but is necessary to detect the Pokey during dumping process?

If not, slaughtered carts could get a new home with the 2600+

Maybe Atari could release them as they have done recently with food fight, ninja golf and fatal run? 🤔

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Won this on ebay earlier for £32. Quite rare to get it boxed in the UK at the mo. I actually like this game even thou it's near impossible.

s-l1600.jpg

I got one quite cheap from a local shop some years ago because the label was not intact.

I added some text labels later...😂

Yours looks very nice and the box, too🤙

Its a shame the shop got closed in during the covid years 

20231128_171458.jpg

20231128_171447.jpg

20231128_171428.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I got one quite cheap from a local shop some years ago because the label was not intact.

I added some text labels later...😂

Yours looks very nice and the box, too🤙

Its a shame the shop got closed in during the covid years 

20231128_171458.jpg

20231128_171447.jpg

20231128_171428.jpg

Hey, as long as it plays. That's all that matters. 💪 I just like to collect boxed games with a manual if possible. I don't pay crazy prices thou. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Maybe Atari could release them as they have done recently with food fight, ninja golf and fatal run? 🤔

The Commando IP might be the problem and even if it would work without a Pokey on the 2600+, you need a warning sticker "not compatible with Atari 7800"...

I just wonder if 2nd hand carts with Pokey amputation might run on the 2600+ and could be of any use again?

22 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

The Commando IP might be the problem and even if it would work without a Pokey on the 2600+, you need a warning sticker "not compatible with Atari 7800"...

I just wonder if 2nd hand carts with Pokey amputation might run on the 2600+ and could be of any use again?

Yeah I think they would work wouldn't they? They sell for less without the POKEY chip too, so they could be worth a purchase if they do work and you plan to only play it on a Plus anyway. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2