IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

23 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

So weird that you should mention Roc n Rope, its in the post from the USA right now!* 😱🤣

Before I purchased I played both the PAL and NTSC ROMs and the PAL colours are really messed up sadly. 

*Along with Tapper, but yeah I think Spy Hunter is just too expensive, whenever I see it it's multiple hundreds of £ 😬🤷🏻🤦🏻

Roc'n Rope NTSC🤔

The PAL version runs better on the plus than on my Jr but with 4 colors?😂

I bought Tapper and Spy Hunter maybe 12 years ago at that time 50-60 € incl. shipping and no VAT... envelopes often slipped through.

Today we have a shortage of skilled workers in many areas but not at customs... they check 100% now or outsourced it to DHL, who make money to be at 100%😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sean_1970 said:

Wow Kool Aid Man? Isn’t that super rare?

Nah, I don't think so, unless I was super lucky... Mine cost me $13 on Fleabay.

EDIT

I just tried a quick search, there's loads of copies on eBay right now. 👍🏻

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, shane857 said:

I prefer Mr. do to dig dug.

I like Dig Dug and its sequel.  I haven't played Mr. Do in a while.  Last time was as a ROM.  I think it was the first game I played of the series.  Because there is a sequel called Mr. Do's Castle.  I can't recall which one I played back then.  There were more games after Mr. Do's Castle but not on the 2600.  Anyway, it'll be good to have the original game on cart.  I'd like to get the sequel but it's expensive. 

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 6:53 PM, JetmanUK said:

😱🤣

... Spy Hunter is just too expensive, whenever I see it it's multiple hundreds of £ 😬🤷🏻🤦🏻

Just when I thought that the dream was over.... Watch this space for an update soon... 😱

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Next month, I'm getting more loose carts for the 2600.  The collection is growing but I'm just taking my time with adding to it.  

Nice. It is enjoyable watching the collection grow. 

I've collected so many carts now that I am pretty much done. I'd quite like to replace some more of my PAL carts with NTSC ones, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Nice. It is enjoyable watching the collection grow. 

I've collected so many carts now that I am pretty much done. 

My collection is around 100 carts now.  I'm at the point now where any games I want to play, I already own or they are silly expensive. 

A good example might be Tapper.  It's a great game, but there are only a few on eBay right now, and the cheapest is about $85 US with shipping to Canada.

I ain't gonna pay that kind of money for it.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, LS650 said:

My collection is around 100 carts now.  I'm at the point now where any games I want to play, I already own or they are silly expensive. 

A good example might be Tapper.  It's a great game, but there are only a few on eBay right now, and the cheapest is about $85 US with shipping to Canada.

I ain't gonna pay that kind of money for it.

Yes, Tapper is stupid expensive and rare.

1 minute ago, garyd97 said:

I wish we could have gotten the original Berzerk released without the “enhanced” stuff.

Loads of those over on eBay, albeit not many mint in box, but if you're just after the original game it's plentiful and cheap as a used copy. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Yes, Tapper is stupid expensive and rare.

It’s one that’s pretty fun though. 

I draw the line at picking up rare games if they aren’t fun. But fun ones, I’ll consider throwing a little more cash at them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garyd97 said:

I wish we could have gotten the original Berzerk released without the “enhanced” stuff.

I have both the new enhanced and an original release I picked up for a few bucks from eBay.

I prefer the enhanced, but if you really want the original just go buy one.

• Like 1