IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

16 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Saw a picture of Sprint Master and started to have a look on ebay... but then I opened my storage box with sports carts🙃

My wife is happy, not another cart😉

20240229_233134.jpg

I have this boxed, I quite like it, just wish it supported the driving controllers. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Real Atarians know that Atari is all about painful controllers and debilitating hand cramps.  If it isn't painful you're just playing wimpy games 

I love the CX40 and I think my hands grew into odd contorted extensions of the controller, so I manage to play for quite long sessions with them, great controller.

But I just got a Hyperkin Trooper and I have to say I m quite impressed, more use is required, but I think it will have it's place for some games. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I have this boxed, I quite like it, just wish it supported the driving controllers. 

Yeh, that would have been cool. I like Indy 500 thou it is more of a party game. Sprint Master is more interesting as a one player game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Yeh, that would have been cool. I like Indy 500 thou it is more of a party game. Sprint Master is more interesting as a one player game.

Indy 500 is awesome and a true classic. I've said on here before that I'd like to see an enhanced version (more tracks, more box collecting screens) released along with new driving controllers. 🤞🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Indy 500 is awesome and a true classic. I've said on here before that I'd like to see an enhanced version (more tracks, more box collecting screens) released along with new driving controllers. 🤞🏻

And one player game variations racing against other cars instead of the clock. 👍

Bought this on ebay earlier for £80 sealed. I don't mind paying a lot of money for rare games if they are actually good.

As soon as it arrives thou that seal is coming off! I actually want to play the game, not leave it on the shelf gathering dust...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Bought this on ebay earlier for £80 sealed. I don't mind paying a lot of money for rare games if they are actually good.

As soon as it arrives thou that seal is coming off! I actually want to play the game, not leave it on the shelf gathering dust...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Very nice!

I like this game, and have the cart, I would enjoy having it boxed though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, shane857 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Many thanks for sharing pics of the box🤗

The game is great, it looks so nice and plays very well... and it can be put on the biggest screen you can get, like HERO.

It looks iconic with its reduced graphic style🕹

These kind of Games still look great even 40 years later🤙

Need to investigate why there was no Worm War II🤔

Maybe worms are more clever than human mankind🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Many thanks for sharing pics of the box🤗

The game is great, it looks so nice and plays very well... and it can be put on the biggest screen you can get, like HERO.

It looks iconic with its reduced graphic style🕹

These kind of Games still look great even 40 years later🤙

Need to investigate why there was no Worm War II🤔

Maybe worms are more clever than human mankind🙄

I think maybe you are right. 👍 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Very nice!

I like this game, and have the cart, I would enjoy having it boxed though.

Very rare in the UK. Loose carts seem to be more available in the US. Quite rare and expensive to get it complete anywhere at the mo.

On 2/28/2024 at 3:12 PM, DEANJIMMY said:

Without the stick they are painfull😉

I'll keep one of my original pads and will buy one of the new ones to compare them.

Regarding the Painline Joystick, I'll keep one to show people how they are... and I keep two of the the better alternative😊

Yes, buttons left and right... but the leave switches have the Quickshot II style and work quite well after I bended them a bit🕹

20240229_000114.jpg

Some games on the 7800 I actually prefer the Proline joysticks over the CX-78 joypad.  It's really hard to play Pole Position II with the joypad, as it's way to easy to accidentally downshift while turning. The various 2600 and 7800 Pac-Man games are nice with the Proline joystick as well. 

Edited by Major Havoc 2049
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LS650 said:

I've thought of buying Star Raiders as well... but no point if the controller is not supported, so I'll hold off until it is.

It’s a great game. I really hope they figure out how to get the controller working. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 2:49 PM, shane857 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Yep, break that seal! Worm War I is great. Still waiting on the sequel.😉

• Like 4