IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

3 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

For those of you who are now collecting carts and want a neat storage for them, try this:

I found it on Amazon for $36 - 72 slots (2x36)

They are designed for Stamp pads, but they work PERFECTLY with Atari carts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1YZWRMC?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

And if you happen to have any of the Ikea Kallax line of bookcases/storage, they fit perfectly inside them.

IMG_9591.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

IMG_9593.JPG

Nice. Just ordered some.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I was looking at ebay for Strategy X but my wife said "you have that game!"😉

20240305_231811.jpg

As my collection of these carts has grown I've been looking at this one too, but I have an actual Strategy X so I have held off. 🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

3 of the 5 games I ordered arrive today.  The other 2 care coming later this week.

Great. 

Cart collecting is like multiple Christmas Days! 🤣

I think I may have a couple arriving later today too. 🤞🏻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Great. 

Cart collecting is like multiple Christmas Days! 🤣

I think I may have a couple arriving later today too. 🤞🏻

Yes, totally!

I've got a box coming later today (hopefully) from a great member here who've I've done a bunch of trades and purchases over the years.

Is anyone here based in Germany (or a nearby European country)?  I really want to get a certain 2600 cartridge only available there.  Please PM me if you want to help!

• Like 2

Having fun rebuilding a bit of a collection. Picked up 2 7800 games today in Croydon, taking my 7800 collection now to 3 😂. Tower Toppler was on the shop shelf a month ago, the last time I went in, so a bit surprised to see it still there for £10. Not a great condition label but seems reasonable. Pole Position sealed was £20 which also seems pretty good. I’ll crack that open later. Hope these two don’t need two buttons otherwise gotta wait for the pad to come out. 

They had 20 copies of Combat but looks like the loose 2600 selection has been well raided.

IMG_8532.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ewokmic said:

Having fun rebuilding a bit of a collection. Picked up 2 7800 games today in Croydon, taking my 7800 collection now to 3 😂. Tower Toppler was on the shop shelf a month ago, the last time I went in, so a bit surprised to see it still there for £10. Not a great condition label but seems reasonable. Pole Position sealed was £20 which also seems pretty good. I’ll crack that open later. Hope these two don’t need two buttons otherwise gotta wait for the pad to come out. 

They had 20 copies of Combat but looks like the loose 2600 selection has been well raided.

IMG_8532.jpeg

Pole position 2 is two button. 2nd button is only brake thou, which isn't really needed. Not sure about tower topper, I don't have that one. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Pole position 2 is two button. 2nd button is only brake thou, which isn't really needed. Not sure about tower topper, I don't have that one. 

I believe TT is one button. I haven't played it in a while as I was actually quite disappointed in it. It's ok. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, shane857 said:

Wow, spyhunter! I like Nexar, good game. 

Yeah I found a so so deal. 🤣

Nexar is fun, and I love the Spectravideo carts, they are probably my favourite third party ones. They are cool, slightly blingy with all the silver, have a sprung dust cover, sexy rear... but with a touch of cheapo. What does this say about me? 🤷🏻🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's arrivals:

One of my most sought after carts and finally, a functional Challenge of Nexar!

IMG_20240306_183211.jpg

Hey! Spy Hunter🤗

Congrats🤙

I got Galactic instead of Nexar and I am looking for alternatives of Gas Hog now😊

20240306_222735.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's arrivals:

Yeah ... half of my 8 Spectravideo/Spectravision cartridges, even though they look like brand new, do not work. Bitrot? I wonder if it's a common defect with cartridges from this publisher.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Hey! Spy Hunter🤗

Congrats🤙

I got Galactic instead of Nexar and I am looking for alternatives of Gas Hog now😊

20240306_222735.jpg

You gotta have some kind of Gas Hog for sure! It is one of the best games on the system!

3 minutes ago, Electric-Dreams said:

Yeah ... half of my 8 Spectravideo/Spectravision cartridges, even though they look like brand new, do not work. Bitrot? I wonder if it's a common defect with cartridges from this publisher.

Yikes! That many? I have had three Nexars, two bad ones. All my other Spec carts have been fine. This does concern me, I can't lose Gas Hog!

4 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Yikes! That many? I have had three Nexars, two bad ones. All my other Spec carts have been fine. This does concern me, I can't lose Gas Hog!

Yes i've got Planet Patrol, Gangster Aller, Tapeworm, and Crossforce ... like new but dead.

4 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's arrivals:

IMG_20240306_183211.jpg

Now you need to aquire a 2 controller adapter so you can use both buttons for SpyHunter. 
IMG_4032.thumb.jpeg.e78bf26334db2dd4cb43bc5643ef026b.jpeg

• Like 5

20240306_1152332.thumb.jpg.943e913549320bf0cbcc38d39887763e.jpg

These are some of the recent games I got.  Midnight Magic has a missing prong but does work.  I like the tune it plays when you get game over.  Qbert is fun but I usually fall of the blocks lol.  Spitfire Attack is good.  It would be nice if there was a lock on option to shoot down the planes.  I know there is a special controller for this game.  It might be hard to find and expensive.  But it would be cool to have it.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240306_1152332.thumb.jpg.943e913549320bf0cbcc38d39887763e.jpg

These are some of the recent games I got.  Midnight Magic has a missing prong but does work.  I like the tune it plays when you get game over.  Qbert is fun but I usually fall of the blocks lol.  Spitfire Attack is good.  It would be nice if there was a lock on option to shoot down the planes.  I know there is a special controller for this game.  It might be hard to find and expensive.  But it would be cool to have it.

I like Spitfire but it should have autofire... to continuously tap the fire button is nonsense if simulating a WWII fighter plane🙃

• Like 2