IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

Today Activision Tennis arrived in fantastic  condition🤙

It feels strange that there is no use of the fire button to play the ball, therefore Realsports Tennis from Atari is the better game.

I bought this one as I got the NTSC version for 8,99 + 2,29 € 🤗

The PAL version might be slower and therefore of no interest and compared to an US import this one was cheap...shipment 15 - 25 €,  VAT 19%, DHL charge 6 €... well...🙄

20240323_141340.jpg

20240323_141246.jpg

20240323_141024.jpg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, r_chase said:

I finally got Mr. Run and Jump for the Atari 2600. Yay! :)

20240323_120258.jpg

Enjoy!

This is the game that has made me want save states! 🤣

It's super cheap over on Amazon in the UK right now, usually £24.99, now £15.89.

The console is down to £68.71 (from £99.99) for those who haven't bought one yet, or want a spare, there's been some talk on here of people buying a spare unit. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Enjoy!

This is the game that has made me want save states! 🤣

It's super cheap over on Amazon in the UK right now, usually £24.99, now £15.89.

The console is down to £68.71 (from £99.99) for those who haven't bought one yet, or want a spare, there's been some talk on here of people buying a spare unit. 

Yes. save states or password system would have been appreciated on this game. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I agree.  Because this game is tough.  I skipped it due to that reason.  Otherwise if it had a save option or password then I would've considered it.  

Yeah...I would probably just play it on my RetroN 77, which is close enough to a modern 2600 with save states. It's an emulator device...and it's not an FPGA ting either. Probably not the greatest choice to run Atari 2600 games on either, but it works with certain games at least. The sooner we get a store for digital copies of homebrew games, the better tbh. Otherwise I'm glad to have Mr. Run and Jump as my first homebrew physical.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, r_chase said:

Yeah...I would probably just play it on my RetroN 77, which is close enough to a modern 2600 with save states. It's an emulator device...and it's not an FPGA ting either. Probably not the greatest choice to run Atari 2600 games on either, but it works with certain games at least. The sooner we get a store for digital copies of homebrew games, the better tbh. Otherwise I'm glad to have Mr. Run and Jump as my first homebrew physical.

I know of the Retron 77.  I thought about getting one but never did.  It's nice that it can save game progress.  If I had the console, then I would play the Mr. Run & Jump rom just to see how it is.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 2:32 PM, JetmanUK said:

Following it's mention on here I bought this one... also bought another game mentioned in the same comment, that's still on the way from the USA. 😁

This is a difficult game and a little too quiet, more sound effects would have been nice, but it's a fun game. 

EDIT:

It's this game

https://www.atarimania.com/pgesoft.awp?version=7954

IMG_20240319_142754.jpg

And the other game that was mentioned has now arrived too.

I just love these quirky games!

1711374658414.jpg

Thank you to @CaptainBreakout for both recommendations.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 7

Is it December 25th? 🎄

No?

It is here!

These two also arrived. 

A game at the top of my most wanted list, and a custom twin stick controller.

Instead of the usual configuration of the second button being the other 7800 button I opted for it to be the right port fire button. So here I have two controllers in one housing. It might be useful for some games and Robotron only requires one button anyway so it will work as a twinstick controller for it. 👍🏻

IMG_20240325_151344.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Is it December 25th? 🎄

No?

It is here!

These two also arrived. 

Instead of the usual configuration of the second button being the other 7800 button I opted for it to be the right port fire button. So here I have two controllers in one housing. It might be useful for some games and Robotron only requires one button anyway so it will work as a twinstick controller for it. 👍🏻

IMG_20240325_151344.jpg

That’s an awesome game and one of the best platformers of the era. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

These two also arrived. 

Instead of the usual configuration of the second button being the other 7800 button I opted for it to be the right port fire button. So here I have two controllers in one housing. It might be useful for some games and Robotron only requires one button anyway so it will work as a twinstick controller for that anyway. 

IMG_20240325_151344.jpg

Very nice one!   I recently sold my Montezuma's Revenge to another AA member.  I own the NES version that had a Kickstarter last year. I regret selling the 2600 version slightly... Since they really are different games.

Yeah... As far as vintage 2600 platformers go, you'd have a hard time finding a better one.

And that joystick is nice.  I kinda want one too.  It should also work well for 2600 Spy Hunter if you can find it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

And that joystick is nice.  I kinda want one too.  It should also work well for 2600 Spy Hunter if you can find it.

That game was in mind when I made the choice, and I own it too! 🤟🏻

There are some other two stick games I'm sure that it will be handy for -  Raiders of the Lost Arc and Omega Race, others I can't bring to mind right now, help me out community!

I can also play Combat against myself! 🤣

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

That game was in mind when I made the choice, and I own it too! 🤟🏻

There are some other two stick games I'm sure that it will be handy for -  Raiders of the Lost Arc and Omega Race, others I can't bring to mind right now, help me out community!

I can also play Combat against myself! 🤣

Ha!  That's awesome.  I was trying to remember... How does Omega Race handle the two button setup?   (I was wondering if a Genesis or 7800 would work with it)

15 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Ha!  That's awesome.  I was trying to remember... How does Omega Race handle the two button setup?   (I was wondering if a Genesis or 7800 would work with it)

So far I have only tried two games.

1) Montezuma's Revenge, I was also testing the cart at the same time.

2) Combat! I just thought it would be fun/weird.

Will test Omega Race, Spy Hunter and 7800 Robotron later

Omega Race uses the left port stick and button and the right port button, perfect for this controller*

*I believe, I may be mistaken

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

So far I have only tried two games.

1) Montezuma's Revenge, I was also testing the cart at the same time.

2) Combat! I just thought it would be fun/weird.

Will test Omega Race, Spy Hunter and 7800 Robotron later

Omega Race uses the left port stick and button and the right port button, perfect for this controller*

*I believe, I may be mistaken

Omega Race might be a bit more complicated.  I just looked it up. I remember finding/buying the Booster Grip at a used game store like 20 years ago for a couple of bucks... Back when such things were cheap as free. I'm pretty sure I've misplaced it.  I never really liked it tho.

Just looking into it...

Apparently you can use an unmodified ColecoVision controller for it. Interesting. Except I don't have one of those either.  Hmm... I wonder if an Intellivison controller would work.

I also saw on a thread someone stuck a wire inside the controller port of their Atari to bridge two pins, then the joystick works with (I guess) Down or Up being the second button.  Kinda ghetto, but the idea of building an adaptor out of a short 9pin din extension that way is intriguing.

5 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Omega Race might be a bit more complicated.  I just looked it up. I remember finding/buying the Booster Grip at a used game store like 20 years ago for a couple of bucks... Back when such things were cheap as free. I'm pretty sure I've misplaced it.  I never really liked it tho.

Just looking into it...

Apparently you can use an unmodified ColecoVision controller for it. Interesting. Except I don't have one of those either.  Hmm... I wonder if an Intellivison controller would work.

I also saw on a thread someone stuck a wire inside the controller port of their Atari to bridge two pins, then the joystick works with (I guess) Down or Up being the second button.  Kinda ghetto, but the idea of building an adaptor out of a short 9pin din extension that way is intriguing.

Yeah I'm not expecting it to work on it now, I'll try it later anyway. 

Worse case, I'll play Combat 🤣

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Haha 2