IGNORED

Porch Pirates

reifsnyderb

1 hour ago, reifsnyderb said:

It's more rage due to the newfound understanding that I am responsible for something that is completely out of my control 

I once had a job where I was (unofficially but practically) the "person in charge" on Saturdays.

One particular Saturday, I was away from work taking a vacation day. I was in another city, some 150 miles away from my office. This was before cell phones were ubiquitous. A colleague was filling-in for me. 

Something happened that day (I do not remember the details). Upon returning to work, I was called in to meet the Director who demanded why I did not resolve the problem on Saturday.

I explained that I had been physically out of the city, unreachable, and therefore completely unaware of what was going on at work.

I was informed that I was still responsible for what occurred on Saturdays, my absence from the workplace notwithstanding. 

I begun looking for a new position that day. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, jhd said:

I was informed that I was still responsible for what occurred on Saturdays, my absence from the workplace notwithstanding. 

I begun looking for a new position that day. 

Yep.  And when you left, that supervisor probably complained bitterly. 

"How dare he quit on me?"

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2024 at 8:17 PM, Stephen said:

Not that long ago, stealing a man's horse would get you killed.  We need to return to this mentality.  Rules and respect may come back into existence if so.

Not that long ago, Stephen and x=usr(1536) stole my horse from my porch.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, thank you said:

Not that long ago, Stephen and x=usr(1536) stole my horse from my porch.

Yeah, but we did you a favour.  All it was doing was covering your porch in excreta.  Now it's leading a productive existence as pet food and glue!

Incidentally, any marks on a steak resembling a jockey's whip are purely coincidental.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chevymad said:

Hate to even dredge this back up, but I was just ordering something online and noticed a shipping insurance. It even covers porch pirates. I have no experience with this, but here it is. https://route.com/

Admittedly, I have not had too many good experiences with insurance.  The primary goal of any insurance company is to avoid paying out anything.

• Like 7