IGNORED

Announcing - Rocketeer: Rebounced!

CyranoJ

Announcing:  Rocketeer: Rebounced!

Rocketman is back, and  bouncier than ever!

Help him bounce his way around a brand new adventure in our upcoming Atari Jaguar game: Rocketeer: Rebounced!

Coming in 2024 to the Atari Jaguar!

• Code:  L. Staveley
  • Pixels: A. Lex
  • Music: R. Strauss

More details TBA.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Glad we revisited the game and got the WIP out. Really a fun game. 

It was "on hold" for quite some time now. 

Atm we are adding more levels and gfx eye candy.   

Its a new take on "Bounder", a C64 game.

Additional artwork credits go to Ivan Voirol for "grass" and "wood" base materials, courtesy on opengameart.org 

Thanks!

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Glad we revisited the game and got the WIP out. Really a fun game. 

It was "on hold" for quite some time now. 

Atm we are adding more levels and gfx eye candy.   

Its a new take on "Bounder", a C64 game.

Additional artwork credits go to Ivan Voirol for "grass" and "wood" base materials, courtesy on opengameart.org 

Thanks!

Oh it's based on a C64 title? Cool! To be honest, it reminded me more of Zenith on the CDi, a very late release for the system

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Oh it's based on a C64 title? Cool! To be honest, it reminded me more of Zenith on the CDi, a very late release for the system

Did not know that game, nice effects!

Its based on Bounders (1985) concept too, obviously, but adds an 3D dimension to it.

"Rebounced" uses an 2D tilemap and autoscrolls, like the classic game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

Somehow I missed this initial announcement.  But this looks really cool!  It's a great idea and I can't wait to play it.

Probably people confused it with the Rocketeer Rebooted game, since the names are similar. Hm....

Rocketeer: Rebounced WIP now available here :)

image.thumb.png.d5e0644acb7cd4b67f03c6c8a5145497.pngimage.thumb.png.ff73157d1bfa8d2b49ca975ada3c4182.png

Rocketeer Rebounced - Public - v1.01.ROM

This is the public demo release with TWO levels.  The Patreon member release has FOUR levels.

NOTE: Skunkboard, Jaguar GameDrive or Big P Emu (Force GD Emulation: Enable) only.

Still WIP, probably still has bugs, have fun everyone!

As a sidenote: 

I got made redundant last November, so a huge "thank you" to all my patreons, and the people who purchased the Rebooteroids - Caravan Edition ROM.  It all helps.  And it is all very much appreciated. 

[Updated] 1.01 ROM.

• Like 17

A few people have reported crashes when the music changes (end of stage, game over, etc)

It's not happening on my main system but is on the other one I have set up.  I will investigate and update the binaries. 

WIP!

• Like 4

Hello,

Here is my little initial feedback after playing the demo for approx. 30 mn. Obviously it's a WIP so some of my concerns and suggestions are probably already adressed and/or considered but I figure it makes sense to mention them.

Pros:

- Game is on a good path to become a fun addictive little game!

- Like the art style and hope for different colorful themes in the final game (couldn't go to level 2). The jaguar dont have many cute games apart from Rayman.

- easy to handle, probably difficult to master

- fresh!

Cons:

- The game crashed at the end of the first level (when you reach the checkerted flag) on Bigpemu

- I find it difficult to evaluate where you land, a shadow would def. help!

- I couldn't make sense of most bonus/stuff I was collecting - what effects do they have if any?

- I find the rotating animation a bit annoying after a while. What about a standard jump most of the time, and only when you jump over a specific item you get a super jump with the rotating animation?

- the checkered flag texture is very flat and doesn't fit with the pixelart style (probably just a mockup)

- The music is nice but got on my nerve after a while

- I would like to have a competitive time mode where you can go faster with the press of a button... and save scores obviously :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordKraken said:

Hello,

Here is my little initial feedback after playing the demo for approx. 30 mn. Obviously it's a WIP so some of my concerns and suggestions are probably already adressed and/or considered but I figure it makes sense to mention them.

Pros:

- Game is on a good path to become a fun addictive little game!

- Like the art style and hope for different colorful themes in the final game (couldn't go to level 2). The jaguar dont have many cute games apart from Rayman.

- easy to handle, probably difficult to master

- fresh!

Cons:

- The game crashed at the end of the first level (when you reach the checkerted flag) on Bigpemu

- I find it difficult to evaluate where you land, a shadow would def. help!

- I couldn't make sense of most bonus/stuff I was collecting - what effects do they have if any?

- I find the rotating animation a bit annoying after a while. What about a standard jump most of the time, and only when you jump over a specific item you get a super jump with the rotating animation?

- the checkered flag texture is very flat and doesn't fit with the pixelart style (probably just a mockup)

- The music is nice but got on my nerve after a while

- I would like to have a competitive time mode where you can go faster with the press of a button... and save scores obviously :)

Thanks for the feeback! What bonus stuff you mean? Coins?

I was thinking about adding a shadow to help the player too. However that is not necessary, as the player sprite lands exactly on the tile it covers . So its like a big cursor. 

I totally dig the flip animation (it adds to the whimsical/crazy nature of the game) ;-)

The checkered flag texture is from the old tileset, yes, good observation.

Yep, faster speed option would increase the risk vs reward fun!

I  think the game is good enough for another tileset/theme, but that would happen only after Jumping at Shadows was finished. 

BTW I am surprised the ROM avaiable here crashes on BigPEmu!

The ROM on my itch page does not do that, so please download that one 🙂

Cheers!

Edited by agradeneu

Here is a qick overview what each tile does to the player:

- +5/-5 = adds/substracts 5 jumps to the player

- Max = refills jumps to the maxium of 50

- treasure chests = spawns a coin for spelling "BONUS", collecting all letters will give you 1 extra life, probably adding extra bonus points for each coin collected

- poison potion = poisons the player until he dies (zero hearts/health points)

- blue potion = cures player of poison and refills all health 

- spikes = player damage of 2 health points (2 hearts)

- skull = instant kill

- trees = player damage of 1 health point

- C Flag = checkpoint, refill+heal everything, player respawn point

- patch = same as blue potion (will probably change to 1 health point heal, no poison cure)

• Like 2