IGNORED

He-Man MotU Prototype for Christmas 2023

retroillucid

Just like all the other prototypes we have preserved in the past,

The He-Man and Masters of the Universe ROM is also released to the public! (*Not for Resale!)

Because all prototypes must be shared with the community! ;) :) 

On another note, the subscriptions for the CollectorVision Experience Club 2024 will start over the next month.
Stay tuned! 
Thanks all the members for your endless support!

Make sure to visit our website!

We've added 4X brand new games plus a bunch of Team Pixelboy games reprint.

https://collectorvision.com/store/product-category/colecovision/

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Enjoy! :party:

MotU-NOTFORRESALE.rom

• Like 13
  • Thanks 17

6 hours ago, retroillucid said:

The He-Man and Masters of the Universe ROM is also released to the public! (*Not for Resale!)

On another note, the subscriptions for the CollectorVision Experience Club 2024 will start over the next month.
Stay tuned! 

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

MotU-NOTFORRESALE.rom 32 kB · 20 downloads

THANKS, you guys are the best!  MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ALL ColecoVision & ADAM owners everywhere!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, retroillucid said:

I'm not even going to ask where this came from. :) Thank you for doing this! 

I haven't had a chance to test this out yet but is this the latest version?  I believe that there were two or three different versions in various levels of completeness.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, retroillucid said:

Stay tuned! 

MotU-NOTFORRESALE.rom 32 kB · 45 downloads

!!!!!!!!

How do I get it on to a playable cartridge?!?!?!?!

6 minutes ago, Falonn said:

I got hit plenty of times and was able to move around afterward each time.

There is a "gravity" effect that doesn't seem to turn on until you get hit the first time.  After that there is some natural dropping downward, but you can press up to go up.  And if you hold left or right, it will also hold your ship steady vertically so you can line up shots, etc.

Did the Atari or Intellivision versions have that gravity?  Or is the "you just got hurt and need to be pulled down to the bottom of the screen" flag not getting cleared after the animation ends?

The Atari 2600 version, when the controls are not pushed in any direction, the ship is automatically pulled downward, a "gravity" effect is present.

The Intellivision version, the ship remains steady in the last direction it was travelling with no "gravity" effect present.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zyzzle said:

Fabulous gift. Never thought I'd live to see the legendary, mythical He-Man release in the flesh, playable and / or buggy or not. After 40 years, what a gift! Many and profound thanks for releasing the prototype rom.

Indeed.  This is a fabulous gift.  It's always nice to see a new prototype, especially for the Colecovision.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, retroillucid said:

So, I'm giving you something for free and you complain?

Wow, I don't know how you were raised, but you should be a bit more grateful 

What an a-hole! 

Geez, no wonder why I'm not here much these days! 

Thanks and Merry Christmas anyway! 

NO complaints from me.   I am very grateful for your gift.  Thanks again and Merry Christmas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How about a video? 😃

(YouTube kind of butchered the quality.)

EDIT: Hmm, it looks like YouTube made it only 30fps so you can't see the 60Hz ship-damaged effect in the 2nd flying level.  Here is the original (100MB) MP4 in full quality, captured at 60fps.

Edited by Falonn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Falonn said:

I got hit plenty of times and was able to move around afterward each time.

There is a "gravity" effect that doesn't seem to turn on until you get hit the first time.  After that there is some natural dropping downward, but you can press up to go up.  And if you hold left or right, it will also hold your ship steady vertically so you can line up shots, etc.

Did the Atari or Intellivision versions have that gravity?  Or is the "you just got hurt and need to be pulled down to the bottom of the screen" flag not getting cleared after the animation ends?

Yeah, I've played the game several times now and haven't really detected anything different from other versions of the game I've played. If there are indeed bugs in it they don't seem to impact the game play much if at all. I've always enjoyed this game on other systems. It should be a fun addition for the CV system. Thanks Collectorvision.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retroillucid said:

So, I'm giving you something for free and you complain?

Ugh, please pay no mind, there are always going to be whiners in every large community, you could be giving away free puppies and sure enough someone would drop by to bitch about it. Some people do not know how to just be thankful or at the very least just say nothing at all. I am sure the majority here know how to behave socially and appreciate the gift in the spirit it was given so don't let the Scrooges and Grinches sour the occasion. 

• Like 3