IGNORED

So, Direct Colour . . .

12 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Oh, he's on there, along with a whole bunch of other people. But not even the "You've chosen to ignore content by [insert name]" is showing up for maybe the last couple of hours for him, which your quotes seem to suggest is when he made his posts, which is strange.

The pride with which you wear your ignorance might be more inspiring than any mockup you've posted here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

Lucky for me, I still have the ability to send people PMs and prevent them from being able to reply. 🤣

I don't even waste time sending other people PMs anymore. And, thankfully, no one I've ignored can send them to me either. Seems like a net win. I expect others will feel similarly from their own perspective. Guess that makes it a kinda win win. :)

Now, if there was only an option to remove even the indication that "You've chosen to ignore content by [insert name]". I see no need to know someone I've ignored has posted something, because the whole point in ignoring them is that I don't care about anything they're posting, which applies similarly to even knowing that they apparently posted something at some point.

But, hey, it's not my forum, so I work with the tools available to me--which brings me conveniently back to the point that I think it would great to have some more dedicated and user friendly SNES development tools . . . :D

5 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I don't even waste time sending other people PMs anymore. And, thankfully, no one I've ignored can send them to me either. Seems like a net win. I expect others will feel similarly from their own perspective. Guess that makes it a kinda win win. :)

Now, if there was only an option to remove even the indication that "You've chosen to ignore content by [insert name]". I see no need to know someone I've ignored has posted something, because the whole point in ignoring them is that I don't care about anything they're posting, which applies similarly to even knowing that they apparently posted something at some point.

But, hey, it's not my forum, so I work with the tools available to me--which brings me conveniently back to the point that I think it would great to have some more dedicated and user friendly SNES development tools . . . :D

I don't have too many people on my ignore list because it's pretty fun messing with people.

bumi.png

On one hand, it's great we have the likes of @KulorXL, @turboxray & others who clearly know their stuff and are willing to give us long interesting in-depth posts on how the SNES works on the root level. And they probably wouldn't post this stuff if Kirk didn't produce his manure here while having his helpful goober to stroke his ego. 

On the other hand, they are necessary posts to counter incessant idiocy and stupidity which come in neverending regularity. And because of that, I'm at a point where it wouldn't be a loss to see this sub-forum nuked. I love the SNES but this is a fucking shit show. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

because it's pretty fun messing with people.

But also you...

On 12/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, jeffythedragonslayer said:

If I had a dollar for every time I've already been accused of wasting my others time trying to figure out some tiny detail...

😅

1 hour ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Oh, he's on there..

Funny... you put him on ignore because you don't like being told the truth, but you have no problem parading around his videos to support your agenda. That just comes off as pretty slime-y.

1 hour ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Direct Color on SNES is that its only real differences to any other features is that, when used optimally, it can allow the SNES to display literally thousands of colors on-screen during actual full gameplay 

Again.. where are they thousands of colors on screen from direct color mode? You can even the normal use case for Direct Color, let alone anything that shows you can actually approach even half your so called "thousands of colors".

11 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

*Genesis:

Wait.. why are you showing a video from 2 years ago, from the author that 100% admits they aren't an artist and those were just place holder graphics. Why aren't you posting the stuff from Pyron? You know, the demo that's out that anyone can play? Is it because you're being disingenuous just to serve your agenda of mode 0? Couldn't be that, right?

Edited by turboxray
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Wayler said:

On the other hand, they are necessary posts to counter incessant idiocy and stupidity which come in neverending regularity. And because of that, I'm at a point where it wouldn't be a loss to see this sub-forum nuked. I love the SNES but this is a fucking shit show. 

Yeah, it was (mildly) amusing for a while, but now there's almost a new topic every day, they grow very fast and always end up the same way. 😩

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, turboxray said:

Wait.. why are you showing a video from 2 years ago, from the author that 100% admits they aren't an artist and those were just place holder graphics. Why aren't you posting the stuff from Pyron? You know, the demo that's out that anyone can play? Is it because you're being disingenuous just to serve your agenda of mode 0? Couldn't be that, right?

No, it's because the liar hates Pyron with a passion for some reason

Edited by Cris1997XX

12 minutes ago, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

Learning from criticism will be far more useful to you in the long run than putting yourself in an echo chamber.

This. THIS! Absolutely 100% correct!

If Kirk would shut up and listen once in a while, he might learn something. I honestly don't know what he's getting out of being here. Who's on this forum regularly and NOT on the ignore list? Who could he possibly be talking to?

There's an old saying: 

If you met an asshole today, then you met an asshole. If everyone you met today is an asshole, you're the asshole.

• Like 2

Am I the only one here who is getting fed up with his childish ignore set because he can't handle facts?  Not so much that, but having two conversations going on at the same time.  The conversations are flowing so parallel it's almost hard to keep up because you see someone like turbo, wavy, kulor etc explain something so easy most semi-intelligent people can grasp what's going on, even going as far as using images as example.  Then you have a village idiot moments/hour later continue on their dumbassery level discussion still going down the wrong broken road to utter pain and usually system failure.

Shame we can't just get more and more people to quote those posts so he's forced to see it and just actually might, just might ...maybe?? learn something.  It's getting just a bit painful to read at this rate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

I know you won't see it, tough shit, deal with it.

The most amusing part is what I just said in that last post, you're making yourself look utterly both largely clueless and totally insufferable refusing to learn when it's being spoon fed to you like a baby in a high chair.  Get over yourself, see what is being shared and LEARN SOMETHING.  But as you said, it's a shame, you don't care what we have to say, especially the expert coders here who are trying to help you out.  It's a big fat future warning sign to people who might make the huge mistake like we did a year ago thinking you were for real, serious, and willing to learn something so they just ignore you and move along.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Am I the only one here who is getting fed up with his childish ignore set because he can't handle facts?  Not so much that, but having two conversations going on at the same time.  The conversations are flowing so parallel it's almost hard to keep up because you see someone like turbo, wavy, kulor etc explain something so easy most semi-intelligent people can grasp what's going on, even going as far as using images as example.  Then you have a village idiot moments/hour later continue on their dumbassery level discussion still going down the wrong broken road to utter pain and usually system failure.

Shame we can't just get more and more people to quote those posts so he's forced to see it and just actually might, just might ...maybe?? learn something.  It's getting just a bit painful to read at this rate.

It's more of a test to see just how much AA is willing to let this go on. Maybe the new owners have a no-band policy