IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1

Ben from Plaion

36 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Keystone Kapers is my go to game. I’ve had this since “back in the day” it definitely is hesitating! I also see it on the demo screen! The demo seems to show it best, if you watch Kelly and the carts they show it the most!

Just watched a bunch of demo levels of Keystone Kapers (NTSC) and I am not seeing any stuttering or hesitating.   Very smooth even when the carts and airplanes start going double speed.  I am on beta 1.1.

I am starting to wonder, are all 2600+ units built equally?

21 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Just watched a bunch of demo levels of Keystone Kapers (NTSC) and I am not seeing any stuttering or hesitating.   Very smooth even when the carts and airplanes start going double speed.  I am on beta 1.1.

That’s what I was wondering!

30 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Thanks chad5200 for taking the time to check on your system

On 1/14/2024 at 3:15 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Fortunately I have my old micro USB OTG cable for Retron 77 which is known to work. So I ordered an adapter for it.

I just tried my OTG cable from the Retron 77 hacking and it also works with an adapter : D

System recognizes my wireless keyboard and USB stick through a hub as well.

image.thumb.png.fb3de71b778ea57f782c13a5718e9bfa.png

• Like 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:37 PM, tradyblix said:

There's something about tracking down the carts that's sooo much fun too. Even as people look on with bemused eyes. What a nutter they probably think. 

But yeah just finding out about new carts and wanting them, trying not to pay the crazy ebay prices... finding hidden gems people don't value that are better than some of the several hundred dollar carts... 

It's really made the christmas of 2023 a great one for me. And for anyone who'll listen lol

Yes. Crazy ebay prices. some sellers are genuine and won't auto bid/place a hidden reserve price thou. 

On 1/14/2024 at 10:45 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Via F1 (see above) you get access to the RetroArch menu where you can not only save states but also change e.g. TV mode to PAL60, enable phosphor or enable TV effects.

I think I checked all RetroArch options, but couldn't find a way to set the TB mode to PAL60 or enable the phosphor effect. Where did you find these options?

38 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

IIRC some are in a sub menu ("Options"?).

Found it: Settings > User Interface > Menu Item Visibility > Quick Menu > Enable "Show Options". Then the Quick Menu will show Stella options, where you can change some of the Stella settings.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 2

how far off are we from a build newer than 1.1? it would seem like the current stella version has issues with some games as others have mentioned for example spikes peak doesnt recognize a joystick as a joystick it recognizes it as a paddle i have a suncom slik stik coming in the mail tomorrow will that work on this? i sure hope so.....

5 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I tried Keystone Kapers when I first received the 2600+ but at the time I was checking to see what loaded and didn’t load.I have to see if I can get the files to go back to 1.0 just to see if I notice a difference.

ben uploaded the files in a reply to me on a different page of this thread i still have them and could probably reupload them given thats a ok thing to do im not sure on the rules of such things the files are here for anyone else that may need them its the same process to downgrade as it is to upgrade except instead of upgrading its downgrading obviously

AtariDumper1.0.0.0.exe update.img DriverAssitant_v5.12.zip RKDevTool_Release_v2.74.zip

• Like 2

6 hours ago, remowilliams said:

That's cool that your USB drive is recognized, have you tried loading aa ROM? How did you access the full options menu? For me, pushing F1 only pops up the save state menu. The other F keys didn't seem to do anything other than load/advance/save the current save state. ESC returns to Cart dumper screen then crashes. Seems like there is a custom configuration being used because the hotkeys do not match the Stella wiki defaults.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, remowilliams said:

I just tried my OTG cable from the Retron 77 hacking and it also works with an adapter : D

image.thumb.png.fb3de71b778ea57f782c13a5718e9bfa.png

What keys have any use?

F1, what else?

On Retropie it is a hotkey + others🤔

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

What keys have any use?

F1, what else?

There is one key, which seems to reload RetroArch ('H' IIRC). And you can use the cursor keys for controlling the running game. Maybe there are key combination e.g. with Strg, but I haven't checked this.

Note: If find the UI not very intuitive, e.g. pressing ESC leaves the UI (IIRC) without saving. Do go backwards in the menu tree, you should use Backspace.

• Like 1