IGNORED

What have you PLAYED weekly tracker 2024 (ALL GENERATIONS)

My times for 7/3 and 7/4 were:

PC Modern

1) Circuit Superstars - 70 minutes

2) Little Known Galaxy - 85 minutes

3) Rollers of the Realm - 10 minutes

Android

1) Retro Bowl - 15 minutes

• Like 5

ATARI 2600 (All games played for HSC Season 15 Major Tournament League Round 2):

River Patrol - 170 minutes

River Raid - 140 minutes

Tutankham - 80 minutes

At the moment, I have NO strike in this Tournament, and my greatest expectation is to enter Round 3 (The Final) with 2 or less strikes.

ATARI 5200 (for HSC Season 19):

Dig Dug - 35 minutes

• Like 6

All right - Sunday night post from Japan!

I played a variety of games this week that included a stop at an arcade here in Tokyo.  It is kind of hard to find actual retro arcade games, but I got a tip and played some vintage stuff at Gigo (tower 3).  This even included an arcade version of Typing of the Dead, which I'm guessing is just a Dreamcast in an arcade machine, but who knows!

Arcade 

Out Run 2 

Thunder Blade 4 

Typing of the dead 5 

Space Harrier 7 

Space Invaders 4 

C64 

California Games 42 

SMS 

Ariel - The Little Mermaid (Brazil) 5 

California Games 44 

Castle of Illusion 42 

Mickey's Ultimate Challenge (Brazil) 15 

PXL_20240707_055338352.thumb.jpg.3d2fb1e2813b66512088786278002ad3.jpg

PXL_20240707_060308524.thumb.jpg.1133d7a4ebb0c33971e11e5fe90e754d.jpg

• Like 9

OK, let's see... here are my times for this past week (July 1st through 7th, 2024)...

Browser based:

Websim.ai - 122 min. (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, Super Mario Bros., Theme Park, Sim City, Railroad Tycoon, Lemmings, Wizball, Crazy Cars 3D, Pole Position, Steamed Hams: The Game, Kennedy Approach, Defender, Cosmic Cantina Crisis*, E-Scooter Operator Simulation*, Hunt the Wumpus, Jungle Hunt, Sam Altman is a querryman*)

Tiny Yurts - 10 min.

Websi.at was basically consisting on various games which were on the fly created. There are a few I tried to improve upon, though. The game names with an asterisk were invented by me, not based on any.

Tiny Yurts is a game in Javasript which is independent of Atariage or the organisator of the contest on Websim.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kurt_Woloch said:

OK, let's see... here are my times for this past week (July 1st through 7th, 2024)...

Browser based:

Websim.ai - 122 min. (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, Super Mario Bros., Theme Park, Sim City, Railroad Tycoon, Lemmings, Wizball, Crazy Cars 3D, Pole Position, Steamed Hams: The Game, Kennedy Approach, Defender, Cosmic Cantina Crisis*, E-Scooter Operator Simulation*, Hunt the Wumpus, Jungle Hunt, Sam Altman is a querryman*)

Tiny Yurts - 10 min.

Websi.at was basically consisting on various games which were on the fly created. There are a few I tried to improve upon, though. The game names with an asterisk were invented by me, not based on any.

Tiny Yurts is a game in Javasript which is independent of Atariage or the organisator of the contest on Websim.

Sorry, I was very tired when I posted this, but I can't edit it anymore. What I meant was:

All the time given for Websi.at was spent playing various games which were mostly created on the fly, but I did try to flesh out some of them so that they become more true to the original - with mixed results. The game names with an asterisk were invented by me, not based on any existing game that I know of, though there might be existing games for some of them (Not all for sure). Especially the E-Scooter Operator Simulation was fleshed out until I hit Websim's limits because I'm really interested in that topic.

Tiny Yurts is a game in HTML and Javascript which was part of a Javascript 13K contest where the script was limited to 13K of length, which is about the limit you can do with Websim.ai as well, at least without using any trickery. If you get over 10-11K, every time you will edit your site, it won't load in one go, but rather you'll be prompted to "Continue" in the middle of it. If it goes over, I think, 16K, you can't download the site anymore. Which reminds me a bit of the limits in TI-99 Extended Basic where programs up to 12K in length saved as a normal PROGRAM file and were loaded in one go - those you could also load into an unexpanded TI-99. Programs larger than 12K were stored in a different file format on disk which could not be loaded into an unexpanded TI-99. The reason for this is that the routines for reading and writing data from disk always transfer data between the disk and the VDP RAM, not CPU RAM, because the RAM expansion is another peripherial device which can't be active (visible to the CPU) at the same time as the disk controller. But the VDP RAM is only 16K (a RAM expansion adds CPU RAM instead), so with programs larger than 12K, even though on an expanded TI-99 they are actually stored in the RAM expansion, they can't be transferred in one go anymore, and for PROGRAM files, the routines built into the TI-99 only support transferring the data in one go, so they used a different file format similar to a sequential file, which then gets transferred record by record. This is similar to how, at larger Javascripts in Websim.ai, you have to use "Continue".

Anyway, Tiny Yurts is a game where you try to connect farms and pools to residential houses that pop up from time to time with streets, which you only have a limited amount of. It's a game on a normal web page, thus it's got nothing to do with Websim.ai. My references to Atariage and a contest on Websim are bullshit... Tiny Yurts was part of a contest, but not on Websim.

I was also working on the sequel to "M76 - Joe Talker" which is called "Flower Catch" (after a draft title of "Beat it"). Here's an early screenshot of the game:

Flower Catch early screenshot.PNG

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
Added Flower Catch
  • Like 5

This past week I played:

Donkey Kong Land III for Game Boy - 245 minutes

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 for Game Boy - 186 minutes

Super Mario Bros. for NES (via Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. for Game Boy Advance) - 63 minutes

Zelda 2024-5 by Jim B. (Hack) for NES - 358 minutes

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for Sega Genesis - 56 minutes

Double Dragon for Sega Master System - 43 minutes

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for Super Nintendo - 60 minutes

Virtual Boy Wario Land for Virtual Boy - 140 minutes

Progress:

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - I started a new file and played through the whole game, without finding a lot of the treasures. Wario ended up winning just a tree house in the end.

Donkey Kong Land III - I started a new file and played through the whole game getting everything, except I didn't finish the Time Attack mode that unlocks at the end.

Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros. - I played through both quests

Zelda hack - I started and played through the whole game. Jim spent a lot more time working on this game and had almost completely changed both the overworld and the dungeons.

Virtual Boy Wario Land - I started a new file and played through the whole game, without finding some of the treasures.

Double Dragon - with the help of save states, I completed the game

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - I played through the whole game as Jason, the Red Ranger.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - I played through Scenario Mode on Easy difficulty.

• Like 7

Here were my times from 7/5 to 7/7.  They were:

PC Modern:

1) Circuit Superstars - 45 minutes

2) Little Known Galaxy - 20 minutes

3) Oxytone (demo) - 105 minutes

Android

1) Retro Bowl - 10 minutes

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

For the week of July 1-7: Had a considerable amount of time to play this week. Spent it mostly playing Android and SNES. The LoZ hack posts got me interested in playing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I hadn't replayed this game since I beat it, probably about 30ish years ago. I figured before I started replaying hack versions of the game, I should complete the original (again).

Android - Completed my first RB College game with no Star Players. I did very poorly, losing the vast majority of my games (W:4,L:8). Even with perfect play, you need to make sure you run out the clock to less than 20-30 seconds to prevent the CPU from scoring a touchdown and putting you at a point deficit. I am going to try one more season with no Star Players to see if I can improve enough to make it into the playoffs, then transfer to a new college. I gave WGT Golf a try, since everyone has been saying it is one of the best golf games on mobile. It does look realistic, but it doesn't play like my favorite golf developer Camelot. It has fixed camera angles, and I haven't adjusted to the differences in the putting game or the leveling up of equipment. For leveling up golf equipment, I prefer Golf Clash and its collect X golf cards to upgrade. I started playing Soccer Stars since my brother is into the game. The name is a deception, it is really a billiards game at heart. Although much of the game devolves into cramming the corner and waiting for your opponent to make a mistake.
RB College - 18 min
WGT Golf - 55 min
Soccer Stars - 265 min

Screenshot_20240706-081232.thumb.png.e04ddd693f127633b26472f710b707a0.pngScreenshot_20240706-081114.thumb.png.08b74d7311a931d23b6b55d9bbcf3afc.png

SNES (emulation)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 350 min
I got all the way to the dark world, and the first crystal. I didn't need to resort to a walk-though except for a couple of parts. I didn't remember where King Zora was exactly, nor exactly when the Flipper power-up became available. I also forgot about how to get 1-2 heart containers, how to purposely fall in 2 of the dungeons to advance (Tower of Hera, although the developers wisely designed the Big Treasure so that it is obvious that this will be a needed skill going forward and to closely examine the map/holes so you can get to secret areas), and the easy way of beating the Moldorm boss. 
image.png.51d5ddd8f652832155a480d0df94630a.pngimage.png.40e9ae726bfbed852d44f6bd72255c5a.pngimage.png.bee4678f4df7f12770f8c09d9ea7a0ec.png

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 7

Apologies for the delay, my days keep being hectic.

Arcade:

Lock'n'Chase - 10 min

IMG_3012.jpeg

Tumblepop - 10 min

IMG_3009.jpeg

Whoopee! (aka Pipi & Bibi's) - 65 min

I tried beating this mildly prurient oddity from Toaplan but never managed it. Later levels (the racetrack in particular) get really frustrating. I never quite got a feeling for sliding either. I'd like to see a cleaned-up version of this come to Evercade.

Wonder Boy - 35 min

IMG_3375.jpeg

I suck at this but it's super fun. The almost fully comprehensive Wonder Boy compilation (featuring all arcade, SG-1000, Mark-III, Master System, Game Gear, and Genesis games in the series) is $25 on sale right now - if you like Wonder Boy games at all it's a steal.

Atari 2600:

Alien Abduction - 30 min

IMG_3163.jpeg

Berzerk Enhanced Edition - 10 min

IMG_3139.jpeg

Atari Lynx:

Shanghai - 720 min (conservatively)

IMG_3283.thumb.jpeg.9d82b550781fbd0b6538ca4d4fb93998.jpeg

I cannot clear the turtle board for the life of me. I keep finding out boards are not solvable, like this one.

Yastuna Vol 1: The Alchemy of Cubes - 45 min

IMG_2947.thumb.jpeg.5a79acacee065243ac0c9917b081a798.jpeg
All Tetrisnoid.

Atari ST:

Joust - 30 min

IMG_3159.jpeg

Mouse Trap - 65 min

IMG_3153.jpeg

GCE Vectrex:

Vector Pilot - 90 min

IMG_3135.thumb.jpeg.51889cc30d5614499121d5e5a4e2706b.jpeg

If I absolutely had to pick a favorite Vectrex homebrew, or maybe even Vectrex game, it would very likely be this one.

LCD and Handheld Games:

Tiger Lights Out - 15 minutes

IMG_3166.jpeg

Mattel Intellivision:

Astrosmash - 10 min

IMG_3041.jpeg

This was a ten minute challenge so I know the time exactly, haha.

Nintendo Entertainment System:

Micro Mages - 15 min

Rad Gravity - 30 min

IMG_2949.jpeg

Space Gulls - 10 min

Solar Jetman - 20 min

IMG_3377.jpeg

Super Mario Bros 2 / The Lost Levels - 10 min

IMG_3378.jpeg

Nintendo Game Boy:

Batty Zabella - 45 min

IMG_3343.jpeg

This is a very mildly prurient but extremely amusing and well-built adventure game. I got a decent way into the game, I think it's a little less than two hours long. Going to try to finish it this week.

Kitchen Panic - 35 min

IMG_3316.jpeg

This is an addictive bubble-bobble style game with an interesting albeit frustrating block mechanic.

Nintendo Game Boy Color:

Halloween Racer - 25 min

IMG_3305.jpeg

This is a vacuous and aesthetically repellent racing game in which it is hard to lose, at least on default difficulty. For some reason I just kept playing.

Metal Gear Solid (Ghost Babel) - 25 min

IMG_3326.jpeg

Revisiting an old savegame.

Qix Adventure - 15 min

I wish I could read Japanese because this is really cute but a lot of the context of the adventure is lost, and the UK release costs an eyetooth.

Space Marauder - 20 min

IMG_2922.jpeg

Nintendo Game Boy Advance:

Gadget Racers - 15 min

IMG_2918.jpeg

Tortoises - 20 min

IMG_3323.jpeg

I think this is the NES game running in an emulator but I'm not 100% sure so I will play it safe.

Nintendo Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

The Brainies - 45 min

IMG_3290.jpeg

Trying to beat this in one sitting for a high score challenge is no mean feat!

Claymates - 13 min

Nintendo Switch:

McPixel 3 - 105 min

IMG_3373.jpeg

Tetris 99 - 10 min

Sega SG-1000:

Wonder Boy - 20 min

IMG_3374.jpeg

Sony PlayStation:

Galaxy Fight - 20 min

IMG_3014.jpeg

G-Darius - 20 min

IMG_3003.jpeg

Saiyuki: Journey West - 75 min

IMG_3020.jpeg

Sony PlayStation 3:

Tokyo Jungle - 75 min

IMG_3017.jpeg

• Like 7

Yesterday's (7/8) totals were:

PC Modern

1) Little Known Galaxy - 40 minutes

2) Oxytone - 20 minutes

Android

1) Tetris - 5 minutes

Sega Genesis / Mega Drive

1) Micro Machines - 55 minutes

2) Micro Machines: Military - 10 minutes

• Like 5

I haven't been here in a while so here are my totals for the past 4 weeks (#s in parentheses are for last week so as not to skew the rankings):

Weeks of 6/10/24 - 7/7/24

Atari 2600

Dig Dug - 20

Fantastic Voyage - 40

iOS

Duolingo - 110 (22)

Jumbline 2 - 79 (20)

Total time = 249 minutes (42 minutes)

• Like 6

4 hours ago, carlsson said:

How soon is that? Is it worthwhile for me to delay stats for one day? There may be additional late posters.

Sorry about that, always feel free to go ahead without me! It's done now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

What did you think of Oxytone?

I saw that you played it, downloaded the demo on my Steam Deck, put in about 2 hours or so into it, and wound up spending around $4 to pick up the full version.  Definitely a fun, little puzzler that is really chill, easy to get into, but a little hard to master.  Really a fun game, though I can easily see where a lot more patterns and/or shapes could be added to it.

Edited by Hwlngmad
  • Like 3

Week 27 Summary

For the week July 1 - 7, we logged 6176 minutes of gaming, playing 93 games (of which 25 new) on a total of 28 systems.

Individual Top 20

1. Shanghai (Atari Lynx) - 720 min.
2. Zelda 2024-5 by Jim B. (hack) (NES/Famicom) - 358 min.
3. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - 350 min.
4. Soccer Stars (Android) - 265 min.
5. Donkey Kong Land III (Game Boy) - 245 min.
6. Little Known Galaxy (PC Modern) - 230 min. (#2)
7. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 188 min.
8. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (Game Boy) - 186 min.
9. River Patrol (Atari 2600) - 170 min.
10. Circuit Superstars (PC Modern) - 165 min. (#7)
11. Oxytone (PC Modern) - 150 min.
12. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 140 min.
12. Wario Land (Virtual Boy) - 140 min.
14. Websim.ai (Browser based) - 122 min. (#15)
15. Duolingo (Apple iOS) - 110 min.
16. Red Sea Crossing (Atari 2600) - 108 min.
17. Flight Simulator (Xbox Series S/X) - 105 min.
17. McPixel 3 (Switch) - 105 min.
19. Vector Pilot (Vectrex) - 90 min.
20. Tutankham (Atari 2600) - 80 min.

Pre-NES Top 10

1. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 188 min.
2. River Patrol (Atari 2600) - 170 min.
3. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 140 min.
4. Red Sea Crossing (Atari 2600) - 108 min. (PN#6)
5. Vector Pilot (Vectrex) - 90 min.
6. Tutankham (Atari 2600) - 80 min.
7. Caverns of Mars II (Atari 8-bit) - 77 min.
8. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 61 min.
9. California Games (Commodore 64) - 42 min.
10. Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom (Atari 2600) - 40 min.
10. Fantastic Voyage (Atari 2600) - 40 min.

Systems Top 20

1. Atari 2600 (12 games) - 923 min. (#7)
2. Atari Lynx (2 games) - 765 min. (#2)
3. PC Modern (4 games) - 575 min. (#3)
4. Game Boy (4 games) - 511 min.
5. NES/Famicom (7 games) - 506 min. (#6)
6. SNES (4 games) - 468 min. (#8)
7. Android (6 games) - 423 min.
8. Apple iOS (2 games) - 189 min. (#18)
9. Sega Master System (5 games) - 149 min. (#12)
10. Arcade (9 games) - 142 min.
11. Virtual Boy (1 game) - 140 min.
12. Browser based (2 games) - 132 min. (#10)
13. Genesis (3 games) - 121 min. (#1)
14. Atari VCS (4 games) - 120 min.
15. Switch (2 games) - 115 min. (#4)
15. PlayStation (3 games) - 115 min.
17. Xbox Series S/X (1 game) - 105 min.
18. Atari 8-bit (3 games) - 103 min. (#5)
19. Atari ST (2 games) - 95 min.
20. Vectrex (1 game) - 90 min.

With a conservative 12 hours, Shanghai on the Atari Lynx is the most played game, twice as much as Zelda 2024-5. After many attemps, Solar Fox is back into pre-NES #1, followed by River Patrol & River Raid. All those bring the Atari 2600 from #7 to #1 on the systems list, in a week with far more action that in recent weeks. No changes to the 1000, 5000, 10000 Minute Clubs though one game is only a minute away and will most likely make it next week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2