IGNORED

Impossible Mission for Atari Lynx

Nop90

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

This seems sketchy unless it's Albert or Carl or Fadest or somebody else reputable.

I don't know if I am reputable but I certainly can't afford this kind of operation right now...

But there are definitely other potential entity I can think if who could do this.

• Like 2

Now the game runs at a steady rate of 20FPS and all known bugs are fixed.

I'm refining a couple of things in the game. then I'll add the train modes ("Platform only" and "Puzzle only") and the beta version of the game will be ready.

• Like 5

And finally the port is complete and it runs really fine. Current version is V1 Beta, I will not add anything more for the moment but fixing bugs if I found any. The game misses the possibility to add new hiscores, this could be an easy addon taking the code from other games of mine but I don't want to see a full working digital rom shared on warez sites 😉

image.png.501cc99d5b4a7113bfb9d2bddc72fb27.png

I'm not going to release the game now, I will only share it with some friends of mine that will help me to test it and with James of @ZeroPage Homebrew, just in case he wants to play the game again on his twitch channel. I kindly ask who will receive this game to not share with anyone else the rom.the game. 

As a precaution I added a disclaimer in the title screen, it should be enough 

image.png.26f8a2151ea6ca264f036ebfacbf28dd.png image.png.5bb674e9b919e21e596bf26c4143d848.png

While waiting for the possibility to acquire a license from Epyx I'll work on an alternate layout of the game that could allow me to release or sell the game without copyright problems. If I will get an official license the new graphic could be added as an alternate version of the game.

This is a quick mockup of how the new gfx could look:

image.png.304c5bbc10200a531032e0ea9f08c77c.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nop90 said:

And finally the port is complete and it runs really fine. Current version is V1 Beta, I will not add anything more for the moment but fixing bugs if I found any.

Congratulations!!!! 🙂 

and with James of @ZeroPage Homebrew, just in case he wants to play the game again on his twitch channel.

You bet we'll be playing on ZPH! Soooooon!!! Very soon!

- James

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive Final Binary of Impossible Mission on TONIGHT's AFTER DARK ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you James and Tanya for playing again the game on @ZeroPage Homebrew twitch channel. I already fixed the 3 bugs you found and slowed down a bit the ball with the 8 shaped path.

If you want to play again the game let me know and I'll send you the updated rom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you James and Tanya for playing again the game on @ZeroPage Homebrew twitch channel. I already fixed the 3 bugs you found and slowed down a bit the ball with the 8 shaped path.

If you want to play again the game let me know and I'll send you the updated rom.

It was a lot of fun racing the clock to finish the game on Saturday only to miss one puzzle piece. Damn... We definitely would love to have a rematch with Professor Elvin with the updated binary to try to defeat him! Thank you so much @Nop90!

- James

• Like 2

Little update, mostly for @ZeroPage Homebrew, after fixing the bugs you found I tuned the number of passwords (now 8 snoozers and 8 lift reset), reduced the robot sleep time to 15 seconds and changed the puzzle pieces algorithms to avoid having two identical pieces for different punch cards.

Platforms speed is slower than on C64, but changing it will create problems with the ball interaction, so I'm not going to change it. This should not affect the quality of the game.

I think I tuned all the game logic, so I'm going to start working on the new gfx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3