IGNORED

Battery Cover for MegaST - original or 3D printed OK

coleconut

Have you checked to see if your local library has a 3D printer available for use? If so, they can print it for you for either free or minimal expense. Looks like the print file is available on Thingiverse.

18 hours ago, coleconut said:

Cheapest one on ebay  wants $14 CAD to ship

The cheapest rate I can ship from the US to Canada via pirateship.com is USPS First Class International and it starts at $14.96 USD from 1 to 8 oz.

That $14 CAD postage quote is probably through eBay's global shipping program which is the lowest rate you'll find anywhere.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:41 PM, Carey85 said:

Have you checked to see if your local library has a 3D printer available for use? If so, they can print it for you for either free or minimal expense. Looks like the print file is available on Thingiverse.

They do have a printer actually, I will check that out.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:20 AM, Bratwurst said:

The cheapest rate I can ship from the US to Canada via pirateship.com is USPS First Class International and it starts at $14.96 USD from 1 to 8 oz.

That $14 CAD postage quote is probably through eBay's global shipping program which is the lowest rate you'll find anywhere.

I was thinking more along the line of (the US equivalent of) what we call Lettermail.  Like small padded envelope and stamp.  To send from me to a US address would be $3.40 CAD ($2.50 USD) so I am sure its about the same inbound.

8 hours ago, Carey85 said:

If you're willing to pay the shipping, I can print one of these for you. I have black, translucent, and brown filaments available. The translucent would probably be best for painting. 

I appreciate the offer.  As per my reply to another person above, I wouldnt want to use a tracked service, just envelope and stamp.

But in the mean time someone suggested going to my local library  I know they have a printer but I dont know what the usage rules are yet.

That battery door shouldn't take more than 2 hours max to print and even that number would be at very fine detail. My local library offers free printing with the only stipulation being that the print cannot take longer than 8 hours. You may have to pay a surcharge for consumables but I'm sure it comes out cheaper than any shipping.

8 hours ago, coleconut said:

I was thinking more along the line of (the US equivalent of) what we call Lettermail.  Like small padded envelope and stamp.  To send from me to a US address would be $3.40 CAD ($2.50 USD) so I am sure its about the same inbound.

We no longer have that as an option in the USA anymore. There was an international envelope letter rate which allowed bubble mailers but that has been clamped down and can only be used to send paper documents. Only accessible via the post office in person and the employee will decline service if it's obvious you're sending anything but paper.