IGNORED

Kasumi Strats.

Dummy2837

Hello! This is my first post here, so it's possible I'm not doing this right. With that aside, I wondered if anyone had any strategies/tips for Kasumi. It is my first "real" Jaguar game, as my other two are Troy Aikman Football and Checkered Flag. Now, I know this game is bad, but it is a fun game, and I do actually want to progress through the campaign; even after looking at the move lists, I seem to be incapable of beating any of my opponents on even normal difficulty, which is probably partially my fault and is why I'm looking for some tips 😀.

I still remember purchasing this game at a Toys R Us in Palm Springs, CA back in '95. It took me all of two tries to beat the game on easy difficulty, and then I beat it on normal with one try. What exactly are you finding difficult with the game?

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

I still remember purchasing this game at a Toys R Us in Palm Springs, CA back in '95. It took me all of two tries to beat the game on easy difficulty, and then I beat it on normal with one try. What exactly are you finding difficult with the game?

The controls, mostly. I read about all the combo moves and tried warming up in a two-player match to get the timing and stuff down, but I can't seem to not get pummeled. I'll try again tomorrow, I do suck at fighting games but I am not completely incompetent so I was annoyed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dummy2837 said:

The controls, mostly. I read about all the combo moves and tried warming up in a two-player match to get the timing and stuff down, but I can't seem to not get pummeled. I'll try again tomorrow, I do suck at fighting games but I am not completely incompetent so I was annoyed.

Ahh yeah, that makes sense. The controls are definitely not the greatest in that game. What I can suggest is to not be overly reliant on special moves, just focus on avoiding attacks and then counterattack where they're vulnerable (ie. if the opponent is attacking high, duck and counterattack low). One thing I can say is which character you're fighting against can also be a factor. Granted, I haven't even touched the game in several decades, but I remember Alaric being much tougher an opponent than anyone else. There may be others who can offer better advice than that, but really, if you can used to the controls then the game shouldn't pose much of a challenge.

I've actually beat this game with Senzo on all difficulties.  Its "cheap" but the low kick, extended low kick, and low punch with just good timing will get you through most of the game.   The Jumping attacks are what feels weird on this game.  You can't jump and then kick on the way down or decide you want to kick after jumping like in SF games or Mortal Kombat.  You have to push UP+Forward+Kick and be committed to the jumping kick when you do it.  You will need to master this for the final boss.  I think this is actually a pretty fun game, its very cheesy but that's part of the fun!  The announcer, the music, and ablility to set the blood to were its basically "raining blood" is hilarious.  Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sauron said:

Ahh yeah, that makes sense. The controls are definitely not the greatest in that game. What I can suggest is to not be overly reliant on special moves, just focus on avoiding attacks and then counterattack where they're vulnerable (ie. if the opponent is attacking high, duck and counterattack low). One thing I can say is which character you're fighting against can also be a factor. Granted, I haven't even touched the game in several decades, but I remember Alaric being much tougher an opponent than anyone else. There may be others who can offer better advice than that, but really, if you can used to the controls then the game shouldn't pose much of a challenge.

Thanks. Should have a chance to check it out again later today :)

On 1/9/2024 at 1:44 PM, 7800JAGFAN said:

I've actually beat this game with Senzo on all difficulties.  Its "cheap" but the low kick, extended low kick, and low punch with just good timing will get you through most of the game.   The Jumping attacks are what feels weird on this game.  You can't jump and then kick on the way down or decide you want to kick after jumping like in SF games or Mortal Kombat.  You have to push UP+Forward+Kick and be committed to the jumping kick when you do it.  You will need to master this for the final boss.  I think this is actually a pretty fun game, its very cheesy but that's part of the fun!  The announcer, the music, and ablility to set the blood to were its basically "raining blood" is hilarious.  Have fun!

That helped a lot. Managed to get through it and get used to the controls, not a bad game in all, I think!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dummy2837 said:

That helped a lot. Managed to get through it and get used to the controls, not a bad game in all, I think!

Glad to help, I actually can beat it on "Ninja God",  if you do it tells you to go tell your neighboors and friends to bow before you.   I didn't get that excited about it, but I guess mentioning it here is good enough 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/9/2024 at 9:39 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Oooohh...I might have to revisit this one.  What this game lacks in gameplay it makes up for in comedic value.  

The main reason I played it.

I just love how the characters were all over the place.  Also, go for ultra gore/blood.  Makes it even more hilarious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

The main reason I played it.

I just love how the characters were all over the place.  Also, go for ultra gore/blood.  Makes it even more hilarious.

The death moves are really fun. I beat it on hard and then had to go back to college before I could beat it on Ninja God, it's kind of tough!

• 2 weeks later...