IGNORED

HSC21 Round 0: Pre Skis On !

Pre Skis On !

Staring the season early while we round up a few players and get some games suggested for the official round 1 poll

SKI-IT

The best 8-bit Sking game on any machine?! Possibly YES but let's see what you think :grin:

Downhill, Slalom and the fabulous Ski-Quest game modes...

Download Game (v1.4) / Instructions and see Videos:

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/288471-ski-it-v14/

Play all three game modes [Select]. Practice the Ski Jumps by warping to level 10 on Ski-Quest, you need push up to take off and pull down to land them on the targets (giant skis shown on the left screenshot below), wiggle l/r to jump further. (The video has the jumps at 5mins 45 secs)

post-19705-0-20995400-1540854736.pngpost-19705-0-47717600-1540854744.pngpost-19705-0-15487600-1540854756.png

Round ends as soon as Round 1 starts :D

JOIN IN AND LET'S SEE YOUR SCORES, DON'T BE SHY

ANY HELP NEEDED JUST POST

trbb :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Every time you crash, you can yell shi-it! Fun but very difficult game, for those who haven't played it before.

Luckily the kind programmer gave you a shed load of lives eh?!

The ski run courses vary but you will become familiar with them as the basic structure always stays the same - there should be a good learning curve.

You can jump over a lot of obstacles and of course try go slowly and not ski like a maniac, just a thought. Take it easy out there and watch those knees :D

I refuse to read instructions before I try the game, but I got 9:59:9 which I assume is the lowest possible score?  I made it only to the second run before GAME OVER.

Now I will go read the instructions.

EDIT

Having completed a second game I see the time is not even a score!!! Second game I got a combined time of 6:57:3.  But at least I finished the courses.

Edited by Atari8guy
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Atari8guy said:

I refuse to read instructions before I try the game, but I got 9:59:9 which I assume is the lowest possible score?  I made it only to the second run before GAME OVER.

Now I will go read the instructions.

EDIT

Having completed a second game I see the time is not even a score!!! Second game I got a combined time of 6:57:3.  But at least I finished the courses.

Thanks for playing and posting Arari8guy :thumbsup: I always like to play games first without reading up. Yes you don't need to know anything for a skiing game - the only thing to suss out is the jumps on ski-quest and I've added that to the first post. Not completing the course in time or with the time penalties for missed gates on slalom gets you a 9:59:9 and you have then got on the board with 6:56:3 (downhill?) for the two runs, every go will improve :)

first tables of the season well sort of...

Ski Quest    
  Player Score Pts
1st RedThunder 590 2
2nd AtariSphinx 590 2

Downhill      
  Player Score Pts  
1st Atari8guy 6:57:03 2  
2nd RedThunder 9:59:09 1  
3rd McKong               9:59:09 1  
4th AtariSphinx 9:59:09 1  

Slalom      
  Player Score Pts  
1st AtariSphinx 5:48:03 4  
2nd RedThunder 7:24:05 3  
3rd MichaG 8:52:08 2  

Edited by therealbountybob
corrected!

20 hours ago, Atari8guy said:

Aw, man.  With those downhill times you could have listed me as first, it would be the only time all season I'd be there!  (j/k).  Also though I did post a better time in the same entry.

OK check it out above Atari8guy is top of the board :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've never tried alpine skiing in real life so I can't compare, but if I ever did, I would not choose a slope full of trees and fences in the middle of it.

Actually I might drag out my dance mat with PSX64 interface and have a go with Mogul Maniac again, though that game is much easier with a joystick.

On 1/14/2024 at 12:39 AM, Atari8guy said:

Its tough, I haven't not been able to equal my score and forget about jumping things....I can't nail that timing at all....

Get some speed up and hold the button in for the entire jump. (not talking about Ski-Jumps here just regular jumps over fences etc).

Have you all worked out the boost start - something like pull back after the last beep - if you do it too early or late will not activate (see instructions for more tips) ;)

latest tables

Ski Quest    
  Player Score Pts
1st MichaG 960 3
2nd RedThunder 590 1
3rd AtariSphinx 590 1

Downhill    
  Player Score Pts
1st Atari8guy 6:57:03 3
2nd AtariSphinx 9:59:09 1
3rd RedThunder 9:59:09 1
4th McKong               9:59:09 1
5th MichaG 9:59:09 1

Slalom    
  Player Score Pts
1st AtariSphinx 5:48:03 5
2nd RedThunder 7:24:05 4
3rd McKong               8:34:04 3
4th MichaG 8:52:08 2
5th carlsson 9:59:09 1

Slalom: 7:23.1 (which I thought was a bad time, but currently would put me in 2nd place)

Downhill 9:59.9 (though my first run was 3:38.4)

Ski-Quest: 310 pts (10 logs, 7 skicash, time 1:55.6 so I didn't finish this quest)

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1