IGNORED

Homebrew WIP: Fly Hunter

3 hours ago, vitoco said:

I saw this game in ZPH Show and immediately thought about writing a BASIC tenliner port of it for the A8. I hope you don't mind if I preserve the look and feel, and the game name

Go for it! The only thing I ask is that you include some kind of credit or attribution for the inspiration of your version. We have plans for a physical release later this year 😉

On 3/9/2024 at 10:36 PM, 8bitPoet said:

Go for it! The only thing I ask is that you include some kind of credit or attribution for the inspiration of your version. We have plans for a physical release later this year 😉

I've done a very simplistic version of your game. Just 1191 bytes of BASIC source code (less than 120 bytes per line, 10 lines in total).

I programmed a simplified splash and a wavy fly of the fly, but had to remove them as well as other features in order to fit the 10 lines of code and to increase the playability. I also changed the bitmaps and the colors. I hope you like them... 😬

FlyHunter10L.png.0e766fa75cd774b8289aa38a00027345.png

I'll publish the "making of" and the source code in my tenliners web page, and I'll link this thread using your nickname as the author of the concept. Please send me a PM if you want me to include your real name.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:36 PM, 8bitPoet said:

We have plans for a physical release later this year 😉

That would be great!!!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, vitoco said:

I've done a very simplistic version of your game. Just 1191 bytes of BASIC source code (less than 120 bytes per line, 10 lines in total).

That's impressive!

I programmed a simplified splash and a wavy fly of the fly, but had to remove them as well as other features in order to fit the 10 lines of code and to increase the playability.

If you had to cut anything, those would be the "non-essentials" to remove. Good choice.

I also changed the bitmaps and the colors. I hope you like them

They look great!

I'll publish the "making of" and the source code in my tenliners web page

Looking forward to seeing it.

I'll link this thread using your nickname as the author of the concept.

Perfect. Thank you!

On 3/14/2024 at 11:41 AM, 8bitPoet said:

Looking forward to seeing it.

My A8 port of this game called "Fly Hunter 10L" was submitted to the 2024 BASIC tenliners contest. The source code and the "binary" are available in my tenliners page. I also published a YouTube video of it.

I know it is not as beautiful and full of animations like the original, but I think that the gameplay of my simplified version is quite good (and adictive) for a tenliner 😎

Edited by vitoco
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, vitoco said:

I know it is not as beautiful and full of animations like the original, but I think that the gameplay of my simplified version is quite good (and adictive) for a tenliner 😎

Amazing how well you captured the gameplay in so few lines of code!