IGNORED

Atari is releasing a new 400?

Bee

Not trying to add stripes to my Junior Mod status... but it would be nice if people could just give a quick scan to see if a topic already exists first.

I think the same thing happened when the new VCS was first being talked about on here...

Also, why is this in the "Programming" forum?

Since the software upgrade to the forum these are the only choices I have - if I don't slect one of those I'm stuck in the menu.  I didn't see the other posts. Please feel free to kil this thread.

image.thumb.png.3f4750b792b8d0daf822630059c29a88.png

Thank you

Edited by Bee
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bee said:

Since the software upgrade to the forum these are the only choices I have - if I don't slect one of those I'm stuck in the menu.

How are you getting that menu? I've never seen it before.

That's a bug - if you select a subforum the drop-down collapses back and you can continue creating but if it's the top level you have to click the instance of it that appears above.

If not a bug then possibly browser specific behaviour (which should also be called a bug)

But yeah, in any case it's a bit annoying that we have 3 or 4 threads now talking about practically the exact same things.

OK, I see what you're doing: you're creating a topic from the forum root page, which presents the menu in your screenshot. Like @Rybags said, you can just click on "Atari 8-bit Computers" (from that menu) and it will use that. But you can also just go into the 8-bit computer subforum itself first and then click on the "Start New Topic" button, which will not bring up any menu, but just lets you start making a topic in the subforum you're in; and of course this applies to any subforum you want to create a topic for. That's why I've never seen that menu before, because I've always done it that way.

selectforum.thumb.png.d7ffb00bbe786f5b7fc43a28e406d5e5.png

image.thumb.png.de319150d22aa42b64891927791fefb4.png

Click on + topic

I'm in Chrome Browser

Once in the Menu the only way to proceed is a sublevel otherwise I'm stuck in a loop.  What browser are other folks using?

Thank you 

Hi!

1 hour ago, Bee said:

Click on + topic

I'm in Chrome Browser

Once in the Menu the only way to proceed is a sublevel otherwise I'm stuck in a loop.  What browser are other folks using?

Thank you 

Why not simply press the big "Start New Topic" button?

image.png.3d451e0ef4c61272d8bb0c6cb0a93282.png

Have Fun!

• Like 2