IGNORED

Peace and tranquility thread

12 hours ago, Wayler said:

This line did come to my mind when opening this thread but then I got to thinking about the context. The game starts with this hopeful message...aaaand immediately everything goes to shit.

So I hope you haven't doomed us all for bringing it up. 

Kirks back!

*psych*

• Haha 4

Don't know about the rest of you, but I always enjoyed the Nobilia marketplace in Secret of Evermore with the bustling ambiance of people and animals and the subtle bom-bom-bom of music in the background. How about some rice and chickens today? Oh and beads, can't forget those. Just taking your time to make some great trades and breathing in the atmosphere.

And then when you are done, take a rest inside one of the establishments to hear the calming sounds of the "Storekeepers". If I ever get around to compiling an OST for this game, one of the tracks would be 30 seconds of marketplace ambiance, followed by a wooden door opening/closing and then this track. It is like curling up in front of the fireplace, so cozy.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:19 PM, Flojomojo said:

Are there any SNES games you can just leave in attract mode for some peace and tranquility? 

I have been known to do that with Phantasy Star III on the Genesis just because I like the theme song, even though I will never play that game ever again. 

I don't think the game is very good but the soundtrack to the Water World game is solid.

• Like 2

Anyone stumble into this Youtube video when it was still up? It's an hour long loop of Stickerbrush Symphony where people randomly started commenting on their life situation and it grew into a place of hope, tragedy, peace and everything in between. Pretty surreal experience. Nintendo took it down eventually with a copyright strike. Just beautiful optics there big N, you always drop the ball when it comes to the internet.

It has been resurrected numerous times it seems but luckily the original has been preserved here:

https://internetcheckpoint.page/zK4TWXWEKAQ

Here is an explanation video about the original:

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2024 at 11:26 AM, TrekkiesUnite118 said:

Not to disrupt the thread, but I have a feeling I'm out of the loop on a crucial bit of information.

Kind of strange seeing you on AA. Did you get here because Sega16 shut down?

On topic, besides Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy IV had a bunch of peaceful tunes, including the Bach-ian Prelude:

The Theme of Love:

Our Town:

And Trojan Beauty:

You also have piano versions:

The one I actually learned to play:

Edited by Rhomaios
  • Thanks 1

That first FFIV theme Crystal is just timeless, not a lot to it and it doesn't need to be for what it does.  I use it as a specific ringtone on my phone so I know when I get a call even.  I made it a point over the years to enjoy Square-Enix 16bit era music largely and as such I owned way back first since sadly FFIV stateside didn't have it, Kefka's Domain soundtrack from Squaresoft, afte rthat while not FF I got the Seiken Densetsu 2 CD imported, since then scooped up FF1, FF2(J), FF4, FF5, re-acquired Kekfa's and SD2 too and even go that strange N-Generation CD square put out in the early PS era.  I can chill out to this stuff for hours, days.  So much range with a lot of relaxing and chill to uplifing, sad, dark, light, and more tracks.

I was going to link some SD2 music but there's a bit too many that fit to be fair.