IGNORED

Help Reconfigure an SH204 with BlueSCSI

Hi All,

I've got a working SH204 but the MFM drive is on its last leg. I have to spin the stepper motor by hand to kick start the drive on power up to get it to work.

So, I've got a spare BlueSCSI for desktop in my parts bin that will plug right into the ACSI to SCSI interface board in the SH204.

My problem is I only have experience setting up BlueSCSI on 68K macs.

On the ST side I do have a working external UltraSatan with a Disk image all setup and working that is using the PP drivers.

My question is how do I configure the BlueSCSI disk image?

I tried taking the US image file and renaming it HD00-2GB.img but that does not appear to be working. The activity lights blink when I power up the bluescsi by itself but I get no logging or anything.

I also do not have any entries into my bluescsi.ini because I don't know what is needed there, if anything.

When I power up the SH204 there's no activity on the BlueSCSI either.

Anyone have any knowledge in these areas that could help me?

Thanks,

-Tavis

I do not know anything about BlueSCSI, but you might want make the HD size smaller.  There is a 1 gig limit for most hard drive adapters on the ST. 

Here is some info that might help.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/353760-atari-sh204-upgrade/#comment-5297138

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/274056-install-scsi2sd-in-atari-sh204/#comment-3930216

Thanks yeah it’s not the HD image size. The drive is partitioned into separate 512 size drives. Thats just the SD card size. 

Reading the links and it’s not looking too promising. Might have to seek out an mfm emulator. I guess the first boards is not you standard scsi interface…

Edited by sideburn

I had a topic going on a SH204 that I couldn't get working.  Here is the link

According to one of the posters the controller is SASE instead of true SCSI.  It would only handle a 40mb to 80mb drive.