IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

10 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

The twin stick “Robotron” pad is what I use to play my NTSC Robotron 2084 on my 2600+. Be nice if the plugs were a wee bit longer to sit deeper in the ports, but it works fine. I even tried playing other games, though the button placement makes that slightly awkward; likely extremely difficult if you have small hands given you have to cross over the right stick.

I think it's probably the only game that benefits from a twin stick controller on the 2600/7800. I don't know of any other games that utilise a twin stick controller.

17 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I think it's probably the only game that benefits from a twin stick controller on the 2600/7800. I don't know of any other games that utilise a twin stick controller.

T:ME Salvo is another 7800 twinstick shooter and you have 2600 games which make use of 2nd Joystick like Spy Hunter, Stargate, Radar Lock, Solaris...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

T:ME Salvo is another 7800 twinstick shooter and you have 2600 games which make use of 2nd Joystick like Spy Hunter, Stargate, Radar Lock, Solaris...

Oh yeh. Forgot about those. And raiders of the lost ark. Would a twinstick controller function properly for all compatible games on the 2600+ thou. 🤔 

1 minute ago, shane857 said:

Oh yeh. Forgot about those. And raiders of the lost ark. Would a twinstick controller function properly for all compatible games on the 2600+ thou. 🤔 

Stella is like a woman...unpredictable at some times. 😂

Still no retailers offering the new products in New Zealand.

I can order everything on amazon.com except the controller, or everything on amazon.com.au except for one of the games (all items are showing as available, but not all for shipping to my location), so it means paying 2 lots of very high shipping costs to get everything. At this stage, it's all looking just a bit too expensive.

*sad trombone*

Edited by infinite.pies
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Where did you purchase it, US shipment only? 🤔

I purchased mine from Edladdin. https://www.edladdin.com/

You can also purchase them right here on the AtariAge Store. https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=111

Two Controllers in One = Twice the Fun! The Super Twin 78 squeezes two complete Super 78 Arcade Controllers into one 14" aluminum enclosure for independent Player 1 and Player 2 gameplay on the Atari 2600, Atari 7800, and all of the 8-Bit home computers, as well as all the game consoles compatible with the classic Atari CX-40 joystick. Controls include a pair of authentic Sanwa™ JLF-TP-8YT ball-top joysticks with octagonal restrictor plates, each flanked by an A-B pair of Suzo-Happ arcade pushbuttons, and each served by a separate 5'6" (1.6m) factory-molded game cord. Because one set of controls is oriented to the left and the other to the right, you effectively have an ambidextrous controller during one player games - just select the control set that best fits that gameplay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Does it work on the 2600+?

Failed to get twinstick working...

Failed on the 2600+? If so, the emulator may not be configured to recognize a second joystick. When I loaded the binary in Stella, player 2 defaulted to SaveKey, and I had to manually change it. Then dual joysticks worked.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

Failed on the 2600+? If so, the emulator may not be configured to recognize a second joystick. When I loaded the binary in Stella, player 2 defaulted to SaveKey, and I had to manually change it. Then dual joysticks worked.

I hope that gets fixed!

It would be a much better game with twinstick.

There are some other 2nd port issues in other games but with paddles?

Edited by DEANJIMMY

14 hours ago, shane857 said:

If you don’t need the fire button it should, but unfortunately the games I have that use a second stick all use the button. I have seen controllers where there’s basically two 7800 controllers in one enclosure, but this is like having a 7800 game pad and then the joystick-only bit next to it.

16 hours ago, astroguy said:

FYI. Items are starting to show up on Amazon in Canada.  Fatal Run is now up:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CTJ8MYK2

Entries for other games and accessories exist but no availability yet.

The other two games, Ninja Golf

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CTJ8RP9B

and Food Fight

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CTJ8GP5T

are now up on Amazon.ca. Accessories still not up yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChopperCommando said:

Geez, that looks like a lot of work to save two inches of space....

It'd make a big difference in a tight space with multiple sets of shelves though. I could've fit another two or three sets of shelves in my space, just by doing that hack. But since IKEA no longer sold them, I couldn't get any more shelves. So doing the hack didn't make any sense. I found the hack a few years too late.

2 hours ago, Nathan Strum said:

It'd make a big difference in a tight space with multiple sets of shelves though. I could've fit another two or three sets of shelves in my space, just by doing that hack. But since IKEA no longer sold them, I couldn't get any more shelves. So doing the hack didn't make any sense. I found the hack a few years too late.

34 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Dark Chambers and Midnight Mutants 7800 re-releases would be cool. In the near future if possible. Both games are going for silly prices at the mo, loose and complete!

Current price for Dark Chambers on ebay is £100...plus. Midnight Mutants about the same. Why?? 🤔

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

Current price for Dark Chambers on ebay is £100...plus. Midnight Mutants about the same. Why?? 🤔

Wow. I know nothing about Midnight Mutants, but Al Lewis on the label is definitely a big selling point 😁👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

Wow. I know nothing about Midnight Mutants, but Al Lewis on the label is definitely a big selling point 😁👍

Midnight Mutants is easily one of the 7800's most sophisticated original games. It's one of the few that wouldn't necessarily seem out of place in the NES or SMS library in terms of scope. It's a shame more games like that weren't developed when it might have more of an impact.

• Like 4