IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

1 minute ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Yeah, that was my first thought. I def found a few that looked like this after years of travels.

Amazon's customer service is usually excellent, I'd get a replacement, it's supposed to be new.

We don't have this game in PAL land yet, but I have an NTSC cart.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Amazon's customer service is usually excellent, I'd get a replacement, it's supposed to be new.

We don't have this game in PAL land yet, but I have an NTSC cart.

Amazon US customer service is awful. The only thing they are offering is that I can return or replace it. No guarantee that I will get a good box they simply do not care. Very sad. This was the first replacement. Hate to see how the Fatal Run replacement will come in tomorrow. I do not have high hopes.

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Amazon US customer service is awful. The only thing they are offering is that I can return or replace it. No guarantee that I will get a good box they simply do not care. Very sad. This was the first replacement. Hate to see how the Fatal Run replacement will come in tomorrow. I do not have high hopes.

The problem I have with this is that guess who foots the bill here......Plaion/Atari. I just got a batch of 'faulty returns' from a retailer. Out of about 30 products (mixed console,accessories and games) not a single one was faulty, most of the games were still sealed but box damaged. Drives me nuts.

Very frustrating as all the stock we send to retail is of course box fresh

Just to note there is a specific instruction from Atari to their Atari.com fulfilment centre. All the games need to be sent in a cardboard box to avoid the crushed box horror show you experienced.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

The problem I have with this is that guess who foots the bill here......Plaion/Atari. I just got a batch of 'faulty returns' from a retailer. Out of about 30 products (mixed console,accessories and games) not a single one was faulty, most of the games were still sealed but box damaged. Drives me nuts.

Very frustrating as all the stock we send to retail is of course box fresh

Just to note there is a specific instruction from Atari to their Atari.com fulfilment centre. All the games need to be sent in a cardboard box to avoid the crushed box horror show you experienced.

That is the very sad reality about Amazon US's treatment of products. I have a full email trail with their customer service where they basically told me to keep returning these games until I got one in good condition instead of solving the problem with a box. It is very sad, and I hate it for Atari (and other vendors). My first The400 from them was crushed as well and had to be returned. No box, simple plastic envelope with zero padding delivered by USPS. It was a mess. Wish that there was something the vendors could do to pressure Amazon to pack stuff correctly.

Not only are the returns a pain for the vendor, but I also have to keep taking them to either the UPS store or another Amazon return center. That has gotten really old...  and Amazon does not care.

Ben, I have reordered all the games from Atari and plan to do that for future orders. So, it is excellent to know that they are being put in boxes and I will continue to support you guys.

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 3

I for one am quite sick of Amazon's s***ty white plastic envelopes, or worse, a worthless flimsy white plastic bag, when it is completely inappropriate for the product.  Carelessness and total disregard for what is essentially my private property when they throw it in a lousy sack to be nearly destroyed by their own delivery carrier or any other they happen to use.

People can gripe about ordering from Atari.com, but everything has arrived in a box and carefully packed.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

I for one am quite sick of Amazon's s***ty white plastic envelopes, or worse, a worthless flimsy white plastic bag, when it is completely inappropriate for the product.  Carelessness and total disregard for what is essentially my private property when they throw it in a lousy sack to be nearly destroyed by their own delivery carrier or any other they happen to use.

People can gripe about ordering from Atari.com, but everything has arrived in a box and carefully packed.

Everything I ordered from Atari also arrived in a box carefully packed!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

Yeah, Amazon sucked at shipping. Mine came very crushed. I had to order other stuff with it to get it shipped in a box. My first one came in a paper mailer, not even a bubbler mailer.

• Like 3

It's weird,

I often see those white Amazon envelopes,  and I think "Oh no!",  but yet nothing's crushed!  (Not Atari games mind you,  other stuff).  I actually got it in my head, that,  on a good day anyway,  maybe they have some shelves or bins in those blue vans where they nicely put envelopes,  and nothing gets crushed.  Maybe I'm just extremely lucky ;)

As for ATARI,  they've been good as Gold for packaging!!  I recommend almost always ordering from them if possible.

The only Atari item I ordered from Amazon was the Atari 400Mini,  and I'm glad I did because that crapfest got returned Instantly!  (I can't believe how bad that was!)   I wonder if Atari would have let me return it so quickly?

Well everyone has a lemon from time to time,...In general,  I've been pretty happy with this new version of Atari.

• Like 2

On a future release note, I suspect that being able to get Al Lewis's likeness rights could be cost prohibitive, any chance we might see a re-release of Midnight Mutants? Maybe a slightly doctored version removing Al's likeness and references. I would love to get it for my collection even without "Grandpa"...  lol.

6 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

This is how my 2nd try at getting Food Fight from Amazon US arrived. First one arrived damaged but not this bad. Guess I will be ordering all my future Atari games directly from Atari US.

image.jpeg.a8a7c22e42531c22516e4355ea05a8b1.jpeg

Looks like it was dug up from the desert along with a few ET carts😀

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

On a future release note, I suspect that being able to get Al Lewis's likeness rights could be cost prohibitive, any chance we might see a re-release of Midnight Mutants? Maybe a slightly doctored version removing Al's likeness and references. I would love to get it for my collection even without "Grandpa"...  lol.

Been thinking about releasing lookalike games, interesting topic.

Obviously you can change the name of a game, have a different main character. But the rest of it, level design, background graphics, music, sound effects, how close can you get?

• Like 4

I wonder if charging more for Midnight Mutants to cover licensing costs could work. Would people be willing to spend $40 for Midnight Mutants? I would. And I have always wondered if they could get rights in perpetuity for something like that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I wonder if charging more for Midnight Mutants to cover licensing costs could work. Would people be willing to spend $40 for Midnight Mutants? I would. And I have always wondered if they could get rights in perpetuity for something like that.

I would as well if the game remained the same.

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Been thinking about releasing lookalike games, interesting topic.

Obviously you can change the name of a game, have a different main character. But the rest of it, level design, background graphics, music, sound effects, how close can you get?

That is cool and would love to hear more about your ideas as I am sure that the community would. As for making changes, I've seen Nintendo do it with Punch-Out after they removed Mike Tyson and re-released. I'm sure that there are a few other examples, but that one comes to mind first. 

8 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

This is how my 2nd try at getting Food Fight from Amazon US arrived. First one arrived damaged but not this bad. Guess I will be ordering all my future Atari games directly from Atari US.

image.jpeg.a8a7c22e42531c22516e4355ea05a8b1.jpeg

oof, i thought mine was fucked up cuz i made a slight tear on the box when i was trying to open it while keeping the seal on... /lh

hopefully your next games come pristine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I'll say this, Midnight Mutants couldn't even get the license to the munsters, just the "grandpa", i feel like licensing that old guy would be pretty cheap... which is a weird thing to say

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

also licensing the munsters, idk if i'm dumb and young but like, who the hell would charge too much for the munsters? Just seems like Tremel was cheap and only paid enough for the old guy, whomever holds the rights... they cant... they cant charge too much for Grandpa or Munsters...

I did like how the game is set in 1992 and the main character just looks like some guy from the outskirts of Seattle, really ahead of its time...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

oof, i thought mine was fucked up cuz i made a slight tear on the box when i was trying to open it while keeping the seal on... /lh

hopefully your next games come pristine.

My order just shipped from Atari. Done with Amazon.

• Like 4

Jack Tramiel would make a good replacement for "Grandpa" ...

• Haha 5

Just now, r_type2600 said:

Jack Tramiel would make a good replacement for "Grandpa" ...

Press Button 2 to hear about how expensive everything is, no we're not gonna make a 2k ram chip for the damn fractalus game on 7800, buy another system.

We're pivoting to Jaguar, ope, my son just blabbed in a magazine as a last resort, goodbye...

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Amazon US customer service is awful. The only thing they are offering is that I can return or replace it. 

That's actually good customer service, lol. Try the "all sales are final" that it used to be IN MY DAY. 

I know what you mean tho, they throw stuff inside a loose cardboard box with an inadequate bubble protection alot and if you're a collector that's not okay so it's not the best place to buy from if you really need a pristine box. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 2

When I first ordered the 2600+ along with the 4 in 1, Berzerk and Mr. Run and Jump, Amazon did not package anything.  So the boxes were not in the greatest shape, but everything worked fine.  I order from Amazon quite a bit.  Most everything comes in a box or those plastic envelopes, but it feels like Amazon couldn't be bothered with the Atari products.  Somehow, they need to be directed to do better in Atari's case.   I ordered all the new controllers from Atari, and everything arrived in a cardboard box, and in perfect condition.  I'm sticking with ordering from Atari.  Besides, why bother ordering from a middleman when I don't need to?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

I'm not confident that $10 more would cover the additional costs incurred by licensing....

1 hour ago, Maztr_0n said:

I'll say this, Midnight Mutants couldn't even get the license to the munsters, just the "grandpa", i feel like licensing that old guy would be pretty cheap... which is a weird thing to say

Well seriously... HOW MANY lucrative offers is the Al Lewis estate fielding these days?  What are they gonna hold out for?  What are they saving his likeness for?  Big Hollywood deepfake contract coming along any day now?

• Haha 5