IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

On 6/29/2024 at 3:54 PM, shane857 said:

Played Pitfall earlier...

This game is 'MUCH' tougher than Pitfall 2. I've never managed to collect all 32 treasures.

The game would be difficult enough without the time limit.

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

My brother did it once, then every time I would play it he would tease me about it. I never got close. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I always think about sitting down and giving this game a good try! I’ve tried this game a number of times but never made it too far.

Do you mean to tell me Game 1 is a tutorial? I couldn’t get through a tutorial? 🤣😂😄

Now I really have to play this game!

I guess I should RTFM!

Yeh, game 1 will take 10 mins to complete. I haven't beaten game 2 or 3 yet.

• Like 1

Venture this evening...

Similar gameplay to Berzerk, thou I personally find this game more interesting to play.

Set the Left and Right Difficulty switches to select a skill level
   from 1 to 4. (Level 1 is the easiest and 4 the most difficult.)

Skill          Switch
   Level          Setting
     1         left B/right B
     2         left B/right A
     3         left A/right B
     4         left A/right A

When you're in the main screen Hall monsters will kill you instantly, so quickly get into a room.

Once in the room your goal is to collect all treasures and optionally kill enemies for extra point.

Don't hang around too long thou in any room because a hall monster will come in, and you need to get out a.s.a.p

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I've thought about buying this a few times, but it's never cheap. Is it worth it?

For single player, Commando is the much better game.

For two players it is a very nice game but tough due to the controls. It takes time to get used to it.

Therefore new compilations give it a twinstick control. I love to play it on my Switch in tate mode with my flip grip (pic shows Xevious)🤙

I am happy to own the game and will get back to it some day to get better on it. When a friend comes by, we always have good fun 😊

20220703_161446.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Venture this evening...

Similar gameplay to Berzerk, thou I personally find this game more interesting to play.

Set the Left and Right Difficulty switches to select a skill level
   from 1 to 4. (Level 1 is the easiest and 4 the most difficult.)

Skill          Switch
   Level          Setting
     1         left B/right B
     2         left B/right A
     3         left A/right B
     4         left A/right A

When you're in the main screen Hall monsters will kill you instantly, so quickly get into a room.

Once in the room your goal is to collect all treasures and optionally kill enemies for extra point.

Don't hang around too long thou in any room because a hall monster will come in, and you need to get out a.s.a.p

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

This game always felt like an almost game to me. It's almost great, but lacking. 

Luckily there's a hack which amongst other things adds in the missing level and adds a screen which keeps track of the collectables too. I'd love to have a cart of it*, as it is I play on my OG via the Harmony cart. I should try it on the Harmony with my 2600 Plus actually. 🤔

It also adds a very cool zooming in effect as you enter a level. I think it's truly the most impressive hack I've seen. It completely transforms the game with all of its improvements, into a must play. 

It's called Venture Reloaded.

*I think one was available a while back. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

For single player, Commando is the much better game.

For two players it is a very nice game but tough due to the controls. It takes time to get used to it.

Therefore new compilations give it a twinstick control. I love to play it on my Switch in tate mode with my flip grip (pic shows Xevious)🤙

I am happy to own the game and will get back to it some day to get better on it. When a friend comes by, we always have good fun 😊

20220703_161446.jpg

The flip grip is awesome! I use it to play my retro arcade games!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

This game always felt like an almost game to me. It's almost great, but lacking. 

Luckily there's a hack which amongst other things adds in the missing level and adds a screen which keeps track to the collectables too. I'd love to have a cart of it*, as it is I play on my OG via the Harmony cart. I should try it on the Harmony with my 2600 Plus actually. 🤔

It also adds a very cool zooming in effect as you enter a level. I think it's truly the most impressive hack I've seen. It completely transforms the game into a must play. 

It's called Venture Reloaded.

*I think one was available a while back. 

Colecovision has a good port of this game! At first I couldn’t play it on the 2600 because I was use to Colecovision. But now I like the 2600 version and the Reloaded version is real good!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

The flip grip is awesome! I use it to play my retro arcade games!

It was such a brilliant idea 🤙

Another arcade trick:

I make a remote play connection from my big tablet to my PS5, select tate mode and fix the screen orientation on the tablet🕹

20200807_130715.jpg

20230115_003148.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Astroblast and Solar Storm. Solar Storm isn't even remotely fair in my opinion.

Astroblast screen shot.jpg

SOLAR STORM SCREEN SHOT.jpg

I play Solar Storm with the paddles on this 🕹

Then it is good fun and works very well, as you can hammer the fire button rapidly😊

Not sure how that should work with standard paddle🤔

Never play the PAL version on 1.0!

20240514_203050.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

It was such a brilliant idea 🤙

Another arcade trick:

I make a remote play connection from my big tablet to my PS5, select tate mode and fix the screen orientation on the tablet🕹

20200807_130715.jpg

20230115_003148.jpg

This is very cool.

I have a Tate grip pre ordered for my Evercade EXP, that will be a good comfort upgrade, although it looks like an extracted tooth! 

Screenshot_2024-07-04-07-45-16-426_com.microsoft.emmx-edit.thumb.jpg.6562fc1a10b2e55e3e5fc27004cc5985.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, Plumbob said:

IMG_0330.thumb.jpeg.a1b4db6e28687fc8144fa09c5884a12f.jpegThe weather is absolutely beautiful today and so I want to be outside as much as possible. So I’m out in the garage playing my Atari instead of doing the laundry in the basement. :)    I’m playing Astroids, difficulty set to “A”, game select 17.  I’m not really that good at the game as you can see but I’m having fun and that’s what it’s all about, right?

Have you bee outside playing anything lately? Temperatures have been hot here the past week. A bit cooler today, so it may be an outdoor day today. I’ll have to pick something good to play.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Have you bee outside playing anything lately? Temperatures have been hot here the past week. A bit cooler today, so it may be an outdoor day today. I’ll have to pick something good to play.

Asteroids, Atari's No. 1 IP? I think so. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

WALL JUMP NINJA

Playing a little WALL JUMP NINJA today! I purchased this from AtariAge!  This game is simple, very addictive, lots of fun!

One unique feature I like is when changing the difficulty switches on the console it actually changes on the screen. I spent an hour just playing with the difficulty switches! 😂 I’ve not seen this in any game that I can recall. I guess it’s the little things in life that amuse me. lol. Left difficulty Lava on or off, Right difficulty easy or hard.

Kinda like Amoeba Jump where you collect letters to spell out NINJA.
Very colorful game, packaging is outstanding! Really nice manual!

This game is a must have especially if you like homebrew games.

IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1028.jpeg

IMG_1022.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Atarian7 said:

I like Wall Jump Ninja.  Does it get to be impossible, or is there a way to get through those small openings if you are perfect timing it?

Yes, you can get through, I’m making progress each time I play for a bit. It’s pretty cool when you collect all the NINJA letters.

It gives you a NINJA DASH!

Also Tap the fire button to jump, Hold the fire button for higher jumps.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Played Xenophobe 7800 earlier...

Player controls:

Up: Jump if Walking, Creeping, or Standing. Stand up if Crawling or Crouching Down: Crouch; Pick Up Objects; Break Free or Fling Critters Left: Left Fire Button: Shoot/Right Fire Button: Toss Grenades When Crouched.

The best ending for a mission is the destruction of all aliens on a space station without destroying the space station. You receive a 300-point bonus for each alien you destroyed at the station and a 200-point health bonus. Then you return to the Mother Ship and prepare to board the next infested space station...

Great 7800 arcade port. I'll be playing this more often

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

Edited by shane857
  • Like 4

On 7/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, shane857 said:

Played Ikari Warriors 7800 earlier...

Not a bad arcade port for the 7800. Main controls are pretty good, you fire where you point. Button one to fire, hold button 2 grenade.

Tank controls take some getting used to. Button 2 to enter tank and button 1 to fire. You have to hold button 2 and use d-pad to aim

Button 1 and 2 together to exit tank. I used the CX78 controller

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

I'M DYING FOR THIS ONE...

But i'm not paying 300$ just to break open the only copies available which are graded sealed games just to play as Ralf Jones and Clark Still on 7800, i mean the NES version is more amusing but, this one i could actually play like a shooter instead of a game where a bunch of guys dance around after being blown up.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 3:20 PM, JetmanUK said:

I've thought about buying this a few times, but it's never cheap. Is it worth it?

NGL i know i just basically said i'd want this game really badly, but honestly.

Do you like SNK's King of Fighters series or AVGN's couch guy? Go with Ikari, you like co-op? Go with Ikari.

Dont have commando or ikari, get Commando, idk why but it seems to be cheaper in NTSC regions than Ikari for some reason, but might be different for PAL.