IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

eh, maybe thats not fair...

This is my open request to AtariAge, i'm in the austin area, i will put the labels on the cartridge, i will put the roms on the cartridges, i will stack everything into a rigid routine. As long as i'm here i will uhhh, be available :)

Posted (edited)

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

TOWERING INFERNO

It’s getting Hot in here! This is an amazing game! You enter a skyscraper that’s on fire, extinguish the flames and rescue the survivors! 
Another good two player game mode available with this game.

Does anyone remember the disaster movies of the 70s? 

The Towering Inferno 

Poseidon Adventure 

Earthquake in Sensurround

I forgot Steve McQueen and Paul Newman were in Towering Inferno not to mention Fred Astaire!

Gene Hackman in Poseidon Advaenture!

And Earthquake in Sensurround!  You could hear the earth crumbling all around you!

The 70s we’re in trouble!

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

NGL i know i just basically said i'd want this game really badly, but honestly.

Do you like SNK's King of Fighters series or AVGN's couch guy? Go with Ikari, you like co-op? Go with Ikari.

Dont have commando or ikari, get Commando, idk why but it seems to be cheaper in NTSC regions than Ikari for some reason, but might be different for PAL.

I have PAL Commando 7800 already, so I am not sure if the price for Ikari is worth it. I should try out the ROM.

7 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

TOWERING INFERNO

It’s getting Hot in here! This is an amazing game! You enter a skyscraper that’s on fire, extinguish the flames and rescue the survivors! 
Another good two player game mode available with this game.

Does anyone remember the disaster movies of the 70s? 

The Towering Inferno 

Poseidon Adventure 

Earthquake in Sensurround

I forgot Steve McQueen and Paul Newman were in Towering Inferno not to mention Fred Astaire!

Gene Hackman in Poseidon Advaenture!

And Earthquake in Sensurround!  You could hear the earth crumbling all around you!

The 70s we’re in trouble!

IMG_1035.jpeg

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

I like this game, sadly I don't own a CIB copy.

I like that you can continue in game variation 2, very nice. Always worth RTFM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

What about all of the jetliner disaster movies of the 70's. I remember the guy who played Julio on Sanford & Son was in the Towering Inferno also.

That’s right! I knew I missed one, Airport! Dean Martin was in that one. lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I have PAL Commando 7800 already, so I am not sure if the price for Ikari is worth it. I should try out the ROM.

well thats good, you might prefer it to the NES version, doesnt have the extended "DLC" that one had, but it plays far better. Plus again, if you like King of Fighters, you might get a bigger kick out of ikari.

6 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

well thats good, you might prefer it to the NES version, doesnt have the extended "DLC" that one had, but it plays far better. Plus again, if you like King of Fighters, you might get a bigger kick out of ikari.

Off topic .The king of Fighters series of games is freakn awesome! Best played on an original NeoGeo CD/AES/MVS in my opinion. Back to topic. lol

4 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

Super Breakout since I got the standalone CX30+ paddles. So good to have more precision - I even got a score of 500 in Kaboom! today 😁

Great game. Super Breakout is much tougher than Breakout. I'll have to try Kaboom

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

Off topic .The king of Fighters series of games is freakn awesome! Best played on an original NeoGeo CD/AES/MVS in my opinion. Back to topic. lol

i hope SNK and Atari shake a few hands and do some Ikari, Metal Slug and KOF things?

too optimistic?

Been playing Robotron 2084 7800 this evening...

A great 7800 game, thou you definitely need a 'twin stick controller' to get further in the game.

I tried using the CX78 pad and could NOT get past wave 5.

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

• Like 4

On 7/4/2024 at 6:02 AM, MrChickenz said:

Have you bee outside playing anything lately? Temperatures have been hot here the past week. A bit cooler today, so it may be an outdoor day today. I’ll have to pick something good to play.

The weather is gorgeous today, so I’m back out in my garage again!  This time I’m enjoying playing Food Fight. And I’m using my new CX78+.  What I like about this game is it seems like the kind of game where I’ll be able to “get in the zone” while playing which is very mentally relaxing for me. It’s simple but challenging, it’s just right!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

The weather is gorgeous today, so I’m back out in my garage again!  This time I’m enjoying playing Food Fight. And I’m using my new CX78+.  What I like about this game is it seems like the kind of game where I’ll be able to “get in the zone” while playing which is very mentally relaxing for me. It’s simple but challenging, it’s just right!

Great 7800 game bro. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Plumbob said:

Awesome! However here the weather is atrocious! so i'll be venting out my frustrations in my room with Ikari Warriors and Fatal Run!

The scorched earth and the jungle never felt so close...

• Haha 3

i haven't had a new game in awhile, guess after Drivers Ed i'll start writing to Atari Age about working in the Cartridge department for some time or something, and then actually finding a profession, Can't wait to blow the first checks on rare, sealed 7800 games to just open up poorly to try to "keep the seal" like i always do and then realize i blew like a couple hundred for a game that has the arcade version on switch for 2-10$...

Such is collecting...

20 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

i haven't had a new game in awhile, guess after Drivers Ed i'll start writing to Atari Age about working in the Cartridge department for some time or something, and then actually finding a profession, Can't wait to blow the first checks on rare, sealed 7800 games to just open up poorly to try to "keep the seal" like i always do and then realize i blew like a couple hundred for a game that has the arcade version on switch for 2-10$...

Such is collecting...

Games are for playing. I always rip the seal off games. No point in them just gathering dust on a shelf...

• Like 2

Pole Position 2 7800 this evening...

Not a bad racing game for the 7800. Button 1 gas and button 2 for brake(which I never use)

As much as I love the 2600 version, at least the cars actually look like cars and not blobs

The developers should have added more tracks thou.

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

• Like 3

TCM the game is kinda underrated historically, its a bit tedious and kinda just there for shock value.

But legitimately it defined Reverse Horror games, and Violent Games as Stress Relief, tis a shame that this genre of 8-Bit Reverse Horror never went further apart from Chiller...

On 7/8/2024 at 2:29 PM, shane857 said:

Games are for playing. I always rip the seal off games. No point in them just gathering dust on a shelf...

Exactly....

but i do what my dad taught me with vinyl records, you basically cut open the seal just enough so you can open and close the box, but you still have the seal, so it looks much more Mint Condition than it actually is, and you get to play it! 2 birds, 1 stone!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 4:03 PM, shane857 said:

technically we are only 1 degree of separation from King Of Fighters on 2600+

PIGS IN SPACE is the game today! I forgot there are three different games on this cartridge. Space Invaders clone being the best.

This is no game for kids! It might be a bit more difficult than Space Invaders since there are no bunkers for defense. And I just realized it’s called Chicken Invaders! lol

Thanks to @TheRingBearer for the cartridge sleeves. Makes my loose cartridge collection look great!

IMG_1123.jpeg

IMG_1124.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Exactly....

but i do what my dad taught me with vinyl records, you basically cut open the seal just enough so you can open and close the box, but you still have the seal, so it looks much more Mint Condition than it actually is, and you get to play it! 2 birds, 1 stone!

Now why didn't I think of that...😂

• Haha 1