IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

4 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

by the way have to add, Frankensteins Monster is a game i reccomend as well, it's a little like pitfall and its a great 2600 adventure title. Theres even a game over screen if you fail to stop the monster!

fun title.

Data Age in my opinion is the one of those companies that comes to mind when you think of the gaming crash of the 80's. Pretty much all of the games they put out sucked ass but Frankenstein's Monster was an exception. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Data Age in my opinion is the one of those companies that comes to mind when you think of the gaming crash of the 80's. Pretty much all of the games they put out sucked ass but Frankenstein's Monster was an exception. 

I quite enjoy Bermuda Triangle by Data Age. It's a fun little shooter in my opinion..

• Like 2

Just now, shane857 said:

I quite enjoy Bermuda Triangle by Data Age. It's a fun little shooter in my opinion..

It just seemed like Data Age and Apollo Games were often two of the main companies when it came putting out some horrid stuff back in the day.

14 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

I swear there were a few data age games or apollo that i played that i liked more than a lot of others.

I have only played Frankenstein's monster and Bermuda Triangle by Data Age. Never played any Apollo games. They look interesting..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, shane857 said:

I have only played Frankenstein's monster and Bermuda Triangle by Data Age. Never played any Apollo games. They look interesting..

I picked up space cavern recently, because you guys were talking about it here, and it is kind of one of my favorite games because of the way they animated the enemies.  and the sound. I did have this one back in the eighties. After playing it though, I realized that this game would be a hell of a lot better if there were waves and a sense of progress like you have in demon attack. That is kind of the one thing that's missing from it, that makes it a little bit repetitive.

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Has anybody ever gotten anywhere with the 2600 Star Castle home brew? I can't even hit 10K points before the game ends. The arcade game was easier than this.

STAR CASTLE.jpg

This is one of the games I lost when I lost my first collection. The only game that survived from that collection was juno first which thankfully was one of the best games.

Yeah, I don't know if I miss this one that much.It is cool and everything, especially if you were A star castle fan, but I just found it to be extremely difficult and not in a good way. If the game is ending so quickly, you kind of can't even get into it..

There is a real balance there that you must have. Omega race hits it pretty well.

Either that or I just needed to git gud

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

I only just played Space Rocks for the first time earlier this year. Such a fantastic game. Does anybody own a physical copy of this game?

space rocks.jpg

Yes! Part of my first Atari Age order a short time ago. The only Ateroids game as good as 2600 Asteroids in my opinion, great game. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shane857 said:

oh i actually own lochjaw!

and i've played too much pompeii to justify how much i've played it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

This copy sold back in February on eBay. Their is always the chance that someone said yeah I'll buy it then backed out but still. Damn!

lochjaw.jpg

That just goes beyond insane to pay for a game bro. Maybe if the cart was 24K Gold. 😂

post-52-0-31032200-1446183172_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

I only just played Space Rocks for the first time earlier this year. Such a fantastic game. Does anybody own a physical copy of this game?

space rocks.jpg

HELL YEAH!!

It's one of my Favorites alongside things like Princess Rescue, Star Castle Arcade, Pleiades, Zippy, Armor Attack II, and Astro Blaster.  I often like things that were mere fantasy and distant dreams in the 80's...Vast What-Ifs that would have blown our minds if they had come out back then...

(My cloudy camera/phone sucks,  but then again maybe it gives it more of the ethereal presence required.)

20240811_125557.thumb.jpg.e6cb23e14f4797c52ad2d5f4bac346c1.jpg

20240811_125606.thumb.jpg.ae593fc938df63df58a5a1f40f818d27.jpg

20240811_125715.thumb.jpg.66df20f804d7d42732194a0ca8be5acb.jpg

• Like 3

Played Warlords today...

King Frederick's warlords have been battling for many centuries and now it's up to you to carry on their long-standing feud.

Love this game! 1 player v CPU is great fun

Add another set of paddle controllers thou and 4 player is a blast! Especially after a few beers. 🍺

m_Warlords_11.jpg

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

• Like 5