IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

22 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

I only just played Space Rocks for the first time earlier this year. Such a fantastic game. Does anybody own a physical copy of this game?

space rocks.jpg

Love Space Rocks and Star Castle. You can enhance your experience with the right controller.

Space Rocks.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Played Warlords today...

King Frederick's warlords have been battling for many centuries and now it's up to you to carry on their long-standing feud.

Love this game! 1 player v CPU is great fun

Add another set of paddle controllers thou and 4 player is a blast! Especially after a few beers. 🍺

m_Warlords_11.jpg

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Always a great game! Back in the day it was easier to get four players at least it seemed that way. But you are right! The more the merrier on this game! I can’t wait until they get the 300 baud modem working on the 2600+. EEE ERR! 🤣😆😂

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, shane857 said:

Played Warlords today...

King Frederick's warlords have been battling for many centuries and now it's up to you to carry on their long-standing feud.

Love this game! 1 player v CPU is great fun

Add another set of paddle controllers thou and 4 player is a blast! Especially after a few beers. 🍺

m_Warlords_11.jpg

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

If I would have known that the production on the 2600-dapter 2 was gonna end I would have bought a second one so I would have the option for 4 players with emulation. 

dapter 2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigfriendly said:

If I would have known that the production on the 2600-dapter 2 was gonna end I would have bought a second one so I would have the option for 4 players with emulation. 

dapter 2.jpg

I purchased one for my Retron 77 to see how it worked. I was amazed how well it worked so I decided to order a second one for the same reason! And I was a little late to the game! I only have one. Mine is suppose to work with the touch pad for Star Raiders as well by flipping the dip switches, but I can’t get it to work. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Even tried it on the PC and couldn’t figure it out. I would think you can use the keyboard for Star Raiders on the PC, maybe in the game settings.

I never really played Atari emulation on the PC. I always had an original 2600 or 7800 hooked up. But now I’m just using the 2600+, nice clear HDMI no RF interference or trying to adjust colors or adjusting TV settings.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I purchased one for my Retron 77 to see how it worked. I was amazed how well it worked so I decided to order a second one for the same reason! And I was a little late to the game! I only have one. Mine is suppose to work with the touch pad for Star Raiders as well by flipping the dip switches, but I can’t get it to work. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Even tried it on the PC and couldn’t figure it out. I would think you can use the keyboard for Star Raiders on the PC, maybe in the game settings.

I never really played Atari emulation on the PC. I always had an original 2600 or 7800 hooked up. But now I’m just using the 2600+, nice clear HDMI no RF interference or trying to adjust colors or adjusting TV settings.

I hear you brother. My main two reasons for holding out are the paddles not being 100% and that some games don't work. Since the 2600+ doesn't have a card slot that means you can't play those games like I currently do on my laptop. I will say though when looking at all of the pictures you guys post of playing the games on modern TV's with your 2600+ it does look crystal clear and damn beautiful. 

• Like 1

There's like, NO REASON to "HOLD OUT" because Rikki and Vikki doesn't work and Kaboom and like, Super Breakout have jittery paddles. There are SO MANY other games that do work, great... like... come on now. Just buy it already. It's so much better than your laptop. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

There's like, NO REASON to "HOLD OUT" because Rikki and Vikki doesn't work and Kaboom and like, Super Breakout have jittery paddles. There are SO MANY other games that do work, great... like... come on now. Just buy it already. It's so much better than your laptop. 

tbf if you're as broke as i am i'd say you have a reason to at least wait for a good used deal, i mean i think more people should get the console but ya know.

if ya cant ya cant, if you can you should. if not then at least do it when the public updates release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tickled_Pink said:

Finally given the 2600+ a whirl. You may be surprised to learn that this was the first time I played Missile Command on the 2600. Surprised at how well it plays.  

Missile Command can be addictive. 😁

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

tbf if you're as broke as i am i'd say you have a reason to at least wait for a good used deal, i mean i think more people should get the console but ya know.

if ya cant ya cant, if you can you should. if not then at least do it when the public updates release.

Well, I hope the people buying this aren't broke or have an existing cart collection. I assume they know that much about what this device is for. 

It just gets me when people say they're waiting to make a decision at this point, when the vast majority of games worth playing, outside a few rare ones and champ games, work. 

Hell you can even play Pitfall II, the most overrated game of all time :)

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tradyblix said:

Well, I hope the people buying this aren't broke or have an existing cart collection. I assume they know that much about what this device is for. 

I didn't. I've had to slowly rebuild my collection. I've got nine at present, including two multi-carts which came with the system and the paddle pack. I had a couple dozen carts when I was a kid, but never thought to save them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

It just gets me when people say they're waiting to make a decision at this point, when the vast majority of games worth playing, outside a few rare ones and champ games, work. 

I actually prefer Pitfall to Pitfall 2. I was really surprised how short Pitfall 2 was. I've never completed the original Pitfall.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I actually prefer Pitfall to Pitfall 2. I was really surprised how short Pitfall 2 was. I've never completed the original Pitfall.

Same. I've got more into Pitfall 2 than I used to be, however that death go back to your continue point animation thing is really annoying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

Agreed! Almost all games are working! The very few that don’t or the over priced ones that you can’t afford, there is always emulation.
With everything that does work, I am enjoying and there are so many to choose from.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Same. I've got more into Pitfall 2 than I used to be, however that death go back to your continue point animation thing is really annoying. 

Yeah it was probably a really neat feature at the time, but it really makes me wanna toss the cart across the room. 

• Like 1