IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

I actually prefer Pitfall to Pitfall 2. I was really surprised how short Pitfall 2 was. I've never completed the original Pitfall.

you can go in both directions in Pitfall 1 and the backwards direction is easier lol 

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY? I HAVE!

ASTROBLAST!

I’ve been playing Astroblast it’s a good game! I never gave it much attention before it seemed like nothing to it. Once you get past 1,000 points it starts to get fun! Your score can increase and decrease depending on what objects you destroy and what objects hit the planet surface. The background color will change depending on your score. And you can lose a life if your base is hit or a spinner hits the planet surface. Also right difficulty sets speed, left difficulty sets manual / automatic fire.

This game can be played with a joystick or paddles. Paddles is the way to go!

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

ASTROBLAST!

I’ve been playing Astroblast it’s a good game! I never gave it much attention before it seemed like nothing to it. Once you get past 1,000 points it starts to get fun! Your score can increase and decrease depending on what objects you destroy and what objects hit the planet surface. The background color will change depending on your score. And you can lose a life if your base is hit or a spinner hits the planet surface.

This game can be played with a joystick or paddles. Paddles is the way to go!

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

And this is now Atari IP isn't it? 

Do people play with joystick or paddles? 🤔

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

On my laptop Astroblast plays well with paddles. It is a cool game the scoring system is really what sets it apart from the mountain of regular shooter titles that were pumped out for the 2600.

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

On my laptop Astroblast plays well with paddles. It is a cool game the scoring system is really what sets it apart from the mountain of regular shooter titles that were pumped out for the 2600.

The paddles play great on the 2600+ as well! Yes you are absolutely right about the scoring system, that’s what I really enjoy about the game!

• Like 1

Today I’m playing some one button two buttons, Blue Button games!

This controller is amazing! I like using the thumb stick on this controller it works well with Asteroids, Choplifter, Omega Race and others! I have to try some maze games with it like Pac-Man.

I Think these Blue Buttons are more powerful than the Red ones! I’m blasting everything on the screen! lol.

Xevious plays really nice with this controller!

IMG_1570.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Today I’m playing some one button two buttons, Blue Button games!

This controller is amazing! I like using the thumb stick on this controller it works well with Asteroids, Choplifter, Omega Race and others! I have to try some maze games with it like Pac-Man.

I Think these Blue Buttons are more powerful than the Red ones! I’m blasting everything on the screen! lol.

Xevious plays really nice with this controller!

IMG_1570.jpeg

God damn the one day I wasn't trolling lol

9 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

God damn the one day I wasn't trolling lol

Lol it seems like i'm the only one without blue buttons, guess i am still at that age where i can just do it myself with cheap spray paint and the shakiest of hands, and then mess up the reassembly so it doesnt work properly again...

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

Lol it seems like i'm the only one without blue buttons, guess i am still at that age where i can just do it myself with cheap spray paint and the shakiest of hands, and then mess up the reassembly so it doesnt work properly again...

I want a "radical 80s colors" version of this controller but too lazy to do it myself

6 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

Sounds like a good plan! 

1 minute ago, tradyblix said:

I want a "radical 80s colors" version of this controller but too lazy to do it myself

I can barely get myself to finish that red label 2600 template, so i think you're not alone

1 minute ago, JetmanUK said:

Sounds like a good plan! 

I mean, guess so but i no longer live next to the two kids in my at the time middle school so i feel like i'm strapped on cash and i wont find any spray paint in a drainage ditch... womp womp, gotta go send 300 resumés for some "entry level summer job" for $9 an hour only to be denied due to my lack of 20 years experience and not having a PHD in Theoretical Physics, or left on read...

But perhaps once the summer is over and people can go outside without becoming 90% sweat in 30 seconds or less, perhaps i'll get right down to it... now if only i lived somewhere that took plastic bottles for cash...