IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

9 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I stand corrected on this statement. I guess I’m just not use to the CX78 controller. I’ve been trying it again this time with the thumb stick removed and it’s very good for Dragster.

I prefer the CX78 without the thumbstick. I find it isn't really necessary.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

@shane857

No, I wouldn’t say like Decathlon. To shift gears you tap the joystick left this is the clutch, when you release and it recenters this is the gear. You can’t down shift. So it’s tap left release, tap left release, tap left release, tap left release all while pressing the button for gas or quickly releasing the button so you won’t blow your engine. Just don’t make the mistake I made when playing I kept resetting using the console reset. Joystick right will reset it makes for better game play.

Unfortunately the CX78+ is not the best controller for this game in my opinion, I feel the CX 40 is the best choice. Because the way the joystick springs back. Unless someone can prove otherwise.

When you play it for a bit you’ll find yourself getting into the rhythm and it’s game on!

I think this is an underrated Activison game. I like this one. 

Game select 2 is more challenging as you have to steer your dragster avoiding the walls.

note: When pressing right on joystick to reset the RPMs has to be all the way down.

Edit: Hee! Hee! It’s all coming back to me now! 5.97

Bust out the Polaroid dude. That's fast enough to get a patch!

dragster.png

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Haha 3

I actually posted this over on the AA Facebook page in 2022 and he jumped in and talked about the game. I don't know if he ever visits this forum.

pitfall.jpg

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

I actually posted this over on the AA Facebook page in 2022 and he jumped and talked about the game. I don't know if he ever visits this forum.

pitfall.jpg

That’s amazing that he got in to have a conversation about it. 

I don’t know how I didn’t make the connection before. You are big friendly from Gen-X-Memories? I have just recently been enjoying watching your videos! Awesome YouTube channel!

Edit: Ha! I see it now at the bottom of your post! lol.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Thanks 1

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I enjoy making them and it feels great to upload the finished product but man the editing process can be brutally long sometimes. Now back to the retro gaming! Here is an often forgotten title Solar Fox that proves that you don't have to have great graphics to have a fun game. 

solar fox.jpg

Solar Fox Box.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I enjoy making them and it feels great to upload the finished product but man the editing process can be brutally long sometimes. Now back to the retro gaming! Here is an often forgotten title Solar Fox that proves that you don't have to have great graphics to have a fun game. 

solar fox.jpg

Solar Fox Box.jpg

Another great game! This game was done really well for the 2600!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

solar fox.jpg

Solar Fox Box.jpg

I've been playing it a bunch in the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

solar fox.jpg

Solar Fox Box.jpg

Solar Fox is a great game!

I need to check out your channel, always love a retro YT channel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Solar Fox is a great game!

I need to check out your channel, always love a retro YT channel. 

I truly, truly appreciate it. Just click the link below to check it out. I need all the help I can get and it's actually cool to know that somebody on your side of the pond is watching my stuff:)

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 2

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

COSMIC ARK

Today I’m boldly going where no man has gone before! Deep Space! I’m headed to a Solar System named Alpha Ro before the Sun flickers out! My mission: Rescue Beasties.

I still have my original Cosmic Ark. I logged many hours on this game, I’ve read the manual back in the day but I guess overtime you forget the little details.

Forgot:

That this also has a two player game mode. One player can control the Ark the other player can control the Shuttle Ship.

That fuel is important! As I played over the years I was thinking you had a limited number of lives but it’s when you run out of fuel.

Fuel is used and lost. Firing uses fuel, getting hit by meteors looses fuel. Gain fuel by capturing beasties, if you are able to capture two beasties and get back to the Ark before the warning sound you regain all your fuel.

That the Left difficulty switch controls the width of the Ark, A is wider more difficult to defend, B is narrow easier to defend.

GREAT GAME!

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

COSMIC ARK

Today I’m boldly going where no man has gone before! Deep Space! I’m headed to a Solar System named Alpha Ro before the Sun flickers out! My mission: Rescue Beasties.

I still have my original Cosmic Ark. I logged many hours on this game, I’ve read the manual back in the day but I guess overtime you forget the little details.

Forgot:

That this also has a two player game mode. One player can control the Ark the other player can control the Shuttle Ship.

That fuel is important! As I played over the years I was thinking you had a limited number of lives but it’s when you run out of fuel.

Fuel is used and lost. Firing uses fuel, getting hit by meteors looses fuel. Gain fuel by capturing beasties, if you are able to capture two beasties and get back to the Ark before the warning sound you regain all your fuel.

That the Left difficulty switch controls the width of the Ark, A is wider more difficult to defend, B is narrow easier to defend.

GREAT GAME!

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

Because I love the box art Imagic used it would be cool to own a CIB set of all the Imagic games.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

Because I love the box art Imagic used it would be cool to own a CIB set of all the Imagic games.

I never saved my boxes back in the day which I regret needless to say. Since I purchased the Atari 2600+ I have been collecting some CIB here and there. Depending on the game and price since I have all my original loose carts I can pick and choose what I like. I’m not sure how far I’ll go with it but I’m enjoying collecting CIB. I’ve always enjoyed the box art as well!

I have my original Cosmic Ark cartridge loose but I picked up the CIB at my local game store at a great price. I have a few Imagic CIB not sure if I’ll ever own the whole set but your right it would definitely be cool to own a set of Imagic games CIB!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

solar fox.jpg

Solar Fox Box.jpg

I enjoy playing this one. The difficulty curb is just about right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

COSMIC ARK

Forgot:

GREAT GAME!

IMG_1585.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

I much prefer this follow up to Atlantis. You really have to concentrate on the meteor showers.

Cool how the BW/Color TV switch toggles the starfield. I prefer the starfield on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I much prefer this follow up to Atlantis. You really have to concentrate on the meteor showers.

Cool how the BW/Color TV switch toggles the starfield. I prefer the starfield on.

Forgot that also! 😆 Toggling Starfield on/off right now!😆🤣😁

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Where is David Crane? Does he not get on AtariAge? 😆🤣😄

IMG_1583.jpeg

Would you, with all the nutty posters on here? I do kinda wonder what's going on in these guys lives. I mean, they're really old at this point, so probably, you know, the last thing they want to do is get on the internet.

• Like 2