IGNORED

PLAN B: Escape Earth - FULL GAME

Mike_at_AEI

EARTH is Doomed…Can anyone be saved?  And who will save them?
(Maybe you?, you can now buy the Cartridge, see below)

image.thumb.png.0dac2983fc48aba459d48cb20fd32146.png

Months ago, Earth’s planetary defenses detected a large swarm of objects racing past Neptune on an apparent trajectory toward Earth.
Asteroids? Comets? People and politicians around the globe argued, but the military knew what was coming.
They had seen these objects before, torn them apart, dissected them.

...this was an Alien Invasion!

image.thumb.jpeg.2bd5c8ebbb5611bfa8fd4b0f9b974af7.jpeg

------------------------------

GAME RELEASED to Physical Cartridge
With added features not found in the binary below
- Two-player mode where your opponent controls the invading space cannon

- Practice/Simulation mode to get you ready for the REAL THING

- Expert mode gets you straight into the action.

To place an order: use your cell phone and follow this link.
It will take you to the Artisan Retro Games on the Facebook App. Click on the Shop button and follow the prompts. 

OR

PM me your email and physical address and I will send you a PayPal request. 

$5 shipping in the US. International shipping will cost more.  PAL not yet available.

Artisan Retro Games invites you to just have fun

The Manual is below as well as the FULL  binary file.  

Video of Game Playthrough  

HAVE FUN!!!

Plan B- Escape Earth Manual.pdf

PLan B-Escape Earth FULL.bin

Edited by Mike_at_AEI
Full game binary added
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

This is excellent!  Just my opinion, but I think it's really good, especially for a 2600 game.  I didn't read the instructions, just figured it out as I went, which I believe you should be able to do.  Played it till it ended.  There is a lot going on!!  Looks good, plays good, and is fun.  No real suggestions, but I like it... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, glurk said:

This is excellent!  Just my opinion, but I think it's really good, especially for a 2600 game.  I didn't read the instructions, just figured it out as I went, which I believe you should be able to do.  Played it till it ended.  There is a lot going on!!  Looks good, plays good, and is fun.  No real suggestions, but I like it... 

Thanks for giving it a go.  I've spent hours playing it myself, tweaking it to keep it progressing while keeping it fun...you should see how wild it gets a Wave/City 7, which is as far as I could get.  143000 points max score.

Which makes me wonder if this goes to production, may add the Atarivox/high score dongle support?

Just gave the demo a go and played until the end. Really fun game! It started to get really pick up on the 3rd wave. I'm really terrible at hitting the top ship. Does it sometimes change directions on you when it sees a missile coming or is that just at random? The smushing the squid enemy with the block game mechanic is also nice. It keeps you on your toes watching the air and the ground.

Really nice job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

I loved this manual art. Did you do it yourself? I would love art like this to compose the label for the steamboat game I'm developing.

Captura de tela em 2024-02-14 16-55-02.png

Thanks! Indeed I did. :)

FONT is MumboSSK
Used Paint.Net and GIMP for editing
Images are drawn, enhanced or generated and then extensively edited.

Edited by Mike_at_AEI

2 hours ago, slacker said:

Just gave the demo a go and played until the end. Really fun game! It started to get really pick up on the 3rd wave. I'm really terrible at hitting the top ship. Does it sometimes change directions on you when it sees a missile coming or is that just at random? The smushing the squid enemy with the block game mechanic is also nice. It keeps you on your toes watching the air and the ground.

Really nice job

Edited by Mike_at_AEI

The Cannon changes direction semi-randomly.  It puts a new horizontal location to go to after it launches a bomb.  If it reaches that position while the bomb is still falling, then it selects another new position.  Thus it can look like it is dodging you, but not really.

The best why I have found to kill the cannon is to go to the middle and launch a missile "in front" of the cannon so it flays into it.  Of when you get teh fast missiles, they go fast enough to aim directly at it!.

Glad you enjoyed the game!  Indeed I added different features, events and actions to keep each new wave interesting.

Did you find the secret to exploding the force field and distroying everything on-screen?

16 hours ago, slacker said:

Really nice job

The Cannon changes direction semi-randomly.  It puts a new horizontal location to go to after it launches a bomb.  If it reaches that position while the bomb is still falling, then it selects another new position.  Thus it can look like it is dodging you, but not really.

The best way I have found to kill the cannon is to go to the middle and launch a missile "in front" of the cannon so it flays into it.  Of when you get the fast missiles, they go fast enough to aim directly at it!.

Glad you enjoyed the game!  Indeed I added different features, events and actions to keep each new wave interesting.

Did you find the secret to exploding the force field and destroying everything on-screen?

Edited by Mike_at_AEI
  • Like 2

@Mike_at_AEI  Wow, thanks so much for sharing this demo ROM!    

On 2/12/2024 at 5:25 PM, Mike_at_AEI said:

But before we go to full release, Artisan Retro Games invites you to try it out and give us some feedback, ideas, likes/dislikes...

Okay, here is some feedback about the manual.  On page 2, "The MARG can to tow an Energy Containment Module (ECM)."  Perhaps did you mean something like, "The MARG can be used to tow an Energy Containment Module (ECM)."  Also, the last sentence on page 2, "Save as many as you can."  I think "Save as many people as you can" sounds better.  

• Like 1

@Mike_at_AEI I think I completed the demo. 

EDIT: I cheated using F9/F11 in Stella to have infinite lives so I could see more of the game.  

IMG1.jpg.0989b13c9e560205856580765bd265cd.jpgIMG2.jpg.296be6c28d67f5b8ec5c49fc6e02d9b9.jpg

My feedback about the game.

Wow!  A lot to like here!  

I squished an octopus-alien with a block and saved a person!  Pretty neat!  

I raised a block into the shield at the spot where it was glowing and everything in the sky blew up all at once!  Pretty cool!

I pretty much like everything about this game.  The graphics, the sounds and the game play are all pretty great IMO.

Not really sure how it could be improved.  Looks great to me!  Thanks again for sharing the demo!  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

@Mike_at_AEI I think I completed the demo.  

IMG1.jpg.0989b13c9e560205856580765bd265cd.jpgIMG2.jpg.296be6c28d67f5b8ec5c49fc6e02d9b9.jpg

My feedback about the game.

Wow!  A lot to like here!  

I squished an octopus-alien with a block and saved a person!  Pretty neat!  

I raised a block into the shield at the spot where it was glowing and everything in the sky blew up all at once!  Pretty cool!

I pretty much like everything about this game.  The graphics, the sounds and the game play are all pretty great IMO.

Not really sure how it could be improved.  Looks great to me!  Thanks again for sharing the demo!  

THANK YOU!!!  That's a great score for only 4 cities/waves

I was really trying to make a fun shoot-em up with enough variation to keep it interesting...
There are many different strategies to a high score and I think they change depending on the wave and the player skill.
My top score, surviving through Wave 7, was 14900.
I've had fun programming this and playing it.

I should be releasing this to production if there is enough interest.

I still have a bit of ROM space left and a few ideas :)

Edited by Mike_at_AEI
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 6:07 PM, Living Room Arcade said:

@Mike_at_AEI  Wow, thanks so much for sharing this demo ROM!    

Okay, here is some feedback about the manual.  On page 2, "The MARG can to tow an Energy Containment Module (ECM)."  Perhaps did you mean something like, "The MARG can be used to tow an Energy Containment Module (ECM)."  Also, the last sentence on page 2, "Save as many as you can."  I think "Save as many people as you can" sounds better.  

Thanks.  I'll fix those and take a second read though to catch anything else.

Updated the Manual.  Thanks

Edited by Mike_at_AEI
Manual Updated
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Plan B: Escape Earth on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

• Like 2

What a great concept.

Game play is excellent.

Visuals are fantastic too.

I didn't read the manual and it freaked me out when squid alien started chasing people! And it was so logical - grab a block and dump it on him!

Love it. I agree add high score support if you can. 

I'd be happy to throw you some $ just for the rom! 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 6:00 AM, Stab said:

What a great concept.

Game play is excellent.

Visuals are fantastic too.

I didn't read the manual and it freaked me out when squid alien started chasing people! And it was so logical - grab a block and dump it on him!

Love it. I agree add high score support if you can. 

I'd be happy to throw you some $ just for the rom! 

I will make a post of Atari Age when the final upgrades and made and the Cart is up for purchase.
Thanks for the high praise!
Mike

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Lantesh said:

I made it to level 5, and then the game ended.  

Did at least five people make it to the escape ship?  If not, then I think the game would end.  

13 hours ago, Lantesh said:

How many levels are there?

As long as you always get at least five people on board the escape ship each time, I think the game can go on forever.  

(See the game manual linked in the opening post.)  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2024 at 8:17 AM, Striker667xbl said:

I'd be very interested in Cart. Looks like this might play on the 2600+ latest experimental update so heck yeah I'd go full cart..

If they updated the 2600+ to play DPC games, it will work.
Definitely plays on a harmony cart in my Atari 2600.