IGNORED

Stellar Drive Mars (Stellar Drive 2) in Development: Atari 2600 Game

Stellar Drive Mars is actually conceived as an improved version of the first game. Stellar Drive is my first game that I created for the Atari 2600.
You can learn more about it at the following link.
https://prijedor-x.com/stellardrive.html

In this version, the idea is that in addition to obstacles on the track, as in the old version, this version will also have a broken road, meaning these three roads will not be constant.

I have more games that I have started, and I will be working on them as I get better ideas :)
kiki.thumb.jpg.8c99121c65501c4ca698ea495468a442.jpg
Here is the first binary public file, even though not much has been done, it can still be useful for giving suggestions
stellardrive2.bin

Edited by kikipdph
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, kikipdph said:

New update.

If your score increases and no longer zero, indicating that you have lost a life. Score is the current test indicator.

Until the next step in game development, best regards :)

stellard2.bin 32 kB · 1 download

Looks great!

image.jpeg.e49a853999c059125b6a5e059d7dfa98.jpeg

Everything is pleasing; the colors, the animations, the sounds.  

Good stuff!  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Looks great!

image.jpeg.e49a853999c059125b6a5e059d7dfa98.jpeg

Everything is pleasing; the colors, the animations, the sounds.  

Good stuff!  

I hope the game will be good and more notable than the first version. Personally, I really like the concept of jumping with a vehicle.

Edited by kikipdph
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Stellar Drive Mars on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

On 3/12/2024 at 1:36 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Stellar Drive Mars on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

20240311-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.78cbbc405b0d8b440f4894d74500ac96.jpg

When you move the joystick forward and backward, it's essentially accelerating and decelerating the vehicle (A different perspective), so if you bring the vehicle to the bottom of the screen and push forward while jumping, you can jump over that big gap :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kikipdph said:

When you move the joystick forward and backward, it's essentially accelerating and decelerating the vehicle (A different perspective), so if you bring the vehicle to the bottom of the screen and push forward while jumping, you can jump over that big gap :)

Ah, so Tanya was right! Thank you for the info. I was able to work around that this time but it probably won't work in newer builds where I wouldn't be able to jump from side to side.

It was a lot of fun playing it last night and I'm looking forward to what's coming next in the development!

- James

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Ah, so Tanya was right! Thank you for the info. I was able to work around that this time but it probably won't work in newer builds where I wouldn't be able to jump from side to side.

It was a lot of fun playing it last night and I'm looking forward to what's coming next in the development!

- James

You played correctly, it is not advisable to use a longer jump in this situation. In some situations later on, it will be necessary to use it.

Edited by kikipdph
  • Thanks 1

Stellar Drive Mars game has many features that can be implemented. One of them is whether the game should be like SkyRoads, which has levels that are essentially separate tasks you need to complete or to not divide the game into separate levels and to constantly drive without interruption as it is now.

You can play the game SkyRoads, which is the inspiration for this game, online at this link.
https://www.playdosgames.com/online/skyroads/

Here is the new Stellar Drive Mars bin file

stellardr2.bin

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

vvvvv.thumb.jpg.b5879264063ec9c305057945c22635eb.jpg

New update of the game Stellar Drive Mars.

The way levels are played has been changed. Each level is independent from one another.

The game will use Roman numerals, levels and production years will be written with Roman numerals to be different from other games :)

stldrivemars.bin

Edited by kikipdph
  • Like 2

Hello, kikipdph!  Would you consider making the barriers a little less wide, so they don't extend all the way from one side of the road to the other?

image.jpeg.7eb62f85a8b44ae91164af42cb6be44d.jpeg  

That way, you still couldn't drive through them, but it would give you a few more pixels of space when you jump to another track.

And possibly even round the edges?  

image.jpeg.ec1d28df806e348f3bbf9a6adbcea7ea.jpeg

Just some ideas.   Love the game!  Cheers.    

Edited by Living Room Arcade

4 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Hello, kikipdph!  Would you consider making the barriers a little less wide, so they don't extend all the way from one side of the road to the other?

image.jpeg.7eb62f85a8b44ae91164af42cb6be44d.jpeg  

That way, you still couldn't drive through them, but it would give you a few more pixels of space when you jump to another track.

And possibly even round the edges?  

image.jpeg.ec1d28df806e348f3bbf9a6adbcea7ea.jpeg

Just some ideas.   Love the game!  Cheers.    

I will try to implement your suggestion

• Like 1

Just tried to play this via harmony cart on a heavy sixer. The title screen shows. Pressing the button causes the screen to change for a split second and then it returns to the title screen. Has anyone else had success playing this on a harmony cart?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eegad said:

Just tried to play this via harmony cart on a heavy sixer. The title screen shows. Pressing the button causes the screen to change for a split second and then it returns to the title screen. Has anyone else had success playing this on a harmony cart?

Have you used the last published file? Previous ones didn't work, but the last one has been tested via Harmony Cart. In that file, what works unlike the previous ones, there's an auto moving on the title screen and the year of production written in Roman numerals.

This file

stellardrivedemo.bin

Edited by kikipdph

On 3/29/2024 at 1:19 PM, kikipdph said:

stelarlabel.thumb.jpg.b2b6705030be349de7066a1bbb172bf4.jpg

This is the last file for download, and I won't be publishing any more until the game is finished and then released. This could also be considered a demo game. It has 5 levels done in this demo version.

stellardrivedemo.bin 32 kB · 37 downloads

Having trouble downloading the ROM..... f**king Google Chrome blocked my download, claiming it is "dangerous"..... BULLSHIT!!! How do I override it???