IGNORED

Mach Rider on NES

But why the knife, who's she gonna stab? Or will she slash the tires of all the opponents? And why is her cloaking mechanism malfunctioning? The gender seems clear cut (if it's not a cyborg!) but there are so many other questions. 

• Haha 4

It's a tricky, basic in concept, but fun racing combat game that offered up a decently fresh take on things back in the mid 80s.  I re-acquired this one not too long ago and I don't get tremendously far in it, it's more just for a few minutes of fun than to really waste time on getting super good on it as I don't see the point as it feels like a quarter muncher to me more than a console title.  I like the obstacles, the combat with the gun is pretty decent and helps you clear a path, and I think the only part I find a bit aggravating is just having someone come up from the rear with little notice and causing you to blow if you get bumped.  I prefer the no-guns of Rad Racer, but I'd put this one in a second place space shared with F-1 Race(Famicom) for first party style games of this sort.

I mean you can do similarly better with Road Blasters which is an arcade port so it kind of over shadows it too, but it came out a few years after.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's a tricky, basic in concept, but fun racing combat game that offered up a decently fresh take on things back in the mid 80s.  I re-acquired this one not too long ago and I don't get tremendously far in it, it's more just for a few minutes of fun than to really waste time on getting super good on it as I don't see the point as it feels like a quarter muncher to me more than a console title.

I used to have Mach Rider on cart.  I never got far in it either.  It wasn't a bad game though.  

• Like 2

On 2/16/2024 at 9:36 AM, Austin said:

Anyone want to place bets on whether the OP actually comes back and participates in their own thread? 🤔

Hi,  Here's my videos.

See ya Suckers!

S  A  D

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...