IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 19 - Game 4 - Frogger with Frog Bog BONUS

On 2/13/2024 at 10:32 AM, fakecortex said:

New pb for skill 2! Beating my skill 1 pb as well 😵

Frogger skill 2 - 31,790

IMG_0571.thumb.jpeg.0e67794fc5418722870b675389d6d7d6.jpeg

I also beat my Skill 1 PB as well so I'm wondering if somehow Speed 2 is easier? Or is there a switch with the 4th stage that makes it slower??? 🤷‍♂️🤔

4 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I also beat my Skill 1 PB as well so I'm wondering if somehow Speed 2 is easier? Or is there a switch with the 4th stage that makes it slower??? 🤷‍♂️🤔

After the fourth stage, it goes back to stage one, and it is much easier. So every four stages it repeats, and gives you some relief.

• Like 3

Ok, here’s my first Frogger entry for skill level 2. I had to video it because of the green screen glitch, and I captured this pic right before the green screen got me. Going to keep trying though.

IMG_1615.png

Edited by IntyFanMatt
Spelling
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ok, here’s my first Frogger entry for skill level 2. I had to video it because of the green screen glitch, and I captured this pic right before the green screen got me. Going to keep trying though.

IMG_1615.png

Was this the 4th green screen or now is this the 5th? :(

Frogger / Frog Bog Scoring Update:

Frogger

75,860 - IntyFanMatt - NEW HSC RECORD +3

31,790 - Fakecortex

21,720 - Rickster8

12,600 - jimblargh

12,360 - Crash7

10,070 - wolfy62

Frog Bog

655 - Rickster8

455 - jimblargh

370 - wolfy62

365 - Crash7

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, jblenkle said:

Never played Frogger before on Intellivision. The controls are a little weird to me especially in emulation.

Yeah they are terrible... Sometimes I literally have to smash the disc to make the damn frog move and then when he finally does it's too late and SPLITCH!!!!! Crushed Froggy..... :( 

I'm also not a fan of the in level increases in speed both with the traffic and on the water.... I was playing level 1 the other day and I already had my PB. Well I was just about to dock the final frog which would have gotten me an EXTRA FROG. Well suddenly the pace on the water sped up and caused my Froggy to get crushed cuz I was ready to dock him at the regular speed, not the new break neck speed. Was so pissed off I just shut the game off... To me, have each level be progressively faster, but start it at the beginning of that next level. The in level speed up is stupid, when it can happen at any moment especially when you are in the process of docking a frog.... This just makes me dislike this game even more..... 🤬👎

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, jimblargh said:

@jblenkle I get you, ain't nothing wrong with being a casual gamer! Scores aside, half the reason I compete is just to give me a good reason to play inty games :)

I never owned an Intellivision in real life. I was mainly into Colecovision and Atari computers. I like playing the HSCs because I can try games I never had the opportunity to play before.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jblenkle said:

I never owned an Intellivision in real life. I was mainly into Colecovision and Atari computers. I like playing the HSCs because I can try games I never had the opportunity to play before.

I know you can do way better than 2,000 points though!!  😊

This was literally the game of my life. Single pixel jumps, check. Making it into the bay with a single bar of time left, check. Playing the second half of the game with 0-1 frogs in reserve, check. And as others have said, the controls in this game are terrible.

HighScore_Frogger20240222_pic.thumb.jpg.fb3d55b878f4a0d56d4d5fb33434f697.jpg

Now Frog Bog is another story, no high scores here 😂

HighScore_FrogBog_20240221.gif.687be90a5bf6142ef21a09d0ea73dee1.gif

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, ts-x said:

This was literally the game of my life. Single pixel jumps, check. Making it into the bay with a single bar of time left, check. Playing the second half of the game with 0-1 frogs in reserve, check. And as others have said, the controls in this game are terrible.

HighScore_Frogger20240222_pic.thumb.jpg.fb3d55b878f4a0d56d4d5fb33434f697.jpg

Now Frog Bog is another story, no high scores here 😂

HighScore_FrogBog_20240221.gif.687be90a5bf6142ef21a09d0ea73dee1.gif

WOW!!! Nice one.... And the HSC Record is now broken yet again...... 😮:o:o😮 

• Like 3

The controller is just too damn slow for the 4th level (Frogger), especially trying to weave in and out of the traffic, it's fkin RIDICULOUS!!!!!! 🐸👎🤦‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Second Frogger entry. It seems like every run in this game includes 2 to 3 unfair deaths due to faulty controls. So damn frustrating. Oh, and there is a completely unfair death that happens sometimes when you go off the screen, and suddenly the otter will come out of nowhere and kill you as you’re trying to come back onto the screen on the other side. Anyone else experience that? I hate that! And, of course, the green screen of death crashes the game several times as well. I had a great run going where I had three lives left at 90k, and it crashed. I know the score rolls over at 100K, so I’m sure someone will do it here before this is over. Anyway, I was able to capture this score where a green screen didn’t get me…

IMG_1624.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3