IGNORED

Atari VCS PC Mode boot drive for windows if possible or Linux sold out on Atari.com

bwestdpm

Having lots of trouble getting windows 10 64 on usb to get it to work. Bought my desktop used and windows 10 64 came installed without a key or paperwork. USB is sold out on Atari. I’m just trying to get into pc mode so I can run some basic games and Roms in Stella. Any help appreciated .

Thank you! I’d prefer windows. Is there any way I can get the security code key to create the boot disk? It’s a valid version of windows 10 but it came installed on the desktop computer I got used a couple years ago….i don’t have any windows paperwork or the disk

23 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

Thank you! I’d prefer windows. Is there any way I can get the security code key to create the boot disk? It’s a valid version of windows 10 but it came installed on the desktop computer I got used a couple years ago….i don’t have any windows paperwork or the disk

Probably not.   The version of Windows sold on pre-built desktops tends to be an OEM license designed to not be transferable to other systems.

Ahhh ok thanks. Is there any legal windows 10 boot disk I could purchase on eBay that would work? If so any links to it would be much appreciated. If not I can’t see buying a whole version of windows just to fool around with pc mode

if that’s the case the free Linux/ debian one Atari uses would allow me to get Stella and Roms on there? Sorry never used Linux 

3 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

Ahhh ok thanks. Is there any legal windows 10 boot disk I could purchase on eBay that would work? If so any links to it would be much appreciated. If not I can’t see buying a whole version of windows just to fool around with pc mode

Maybe check this article out which lists various options:  https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html

5 minutes ago, bwestdpm said:

if that’s the case the free Linux/ debian one Atari uses would allow me to get Stella and Roms on there? Sorry never used Linux 

Yes you can easily install Stella on Linux and add roms

But you might also be interested in Batocera:  https://batocera.org/     It's designed to make setting up an emulation box simple:  just add roms!   Many people have Batocera running on their VCS.