IGNORED

Any Game in the VCS Store is FREE Offer (to end of Feb 2024)

livingonwheels

Yeah, this is great, thanks Atari.  I picked up Days of Doom.  I have a good selection of games on my VCS but this is one I wanted and was just holding out on.

• Like 1

Just successfully used this code to pick up qomp2. I felt quite guilty using the code on a brand new game on the Atari VCS store if I'm honest, kinda like I'm not supporting the console if i don't pay my own money for the game but anyway I'm actually quite disappointed that qomp2 has no Classic Joystick and spinner support on the Atari VCS 800 which is a missed opportunity if you ask me. I guess I'm not feeling so bad using the code to pick this game up now. I think it's great though that the code has been carried over to allow it to be used on a brand new game! 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Just successfully used this code to pick up qomp2. I felt quite guilty using the code on a brand new game on the Atari VCS store if I'm honest, kinda like I'm not supporting the console if i don't pay my own money for the game but anyway I'm actually quite disappointed that qomp2 has no Classic Joystick and spinner support on the Atari VCS 800 which is a missed opportunity if you ask me. I guess I'm not feeling so bad using the code to pick this game up now. I think it's great though that the code has been carried over to allow it to be used on a brand new game! 🙂

Don't feel bad using the code for qomp2, Davpa said they'd done something server side specifically so the code would work for it.  Also, once you start playing it, you'll see why it's better suited to the modern controller than the classic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

Don't feel bad using the code for qomp2, Davpa said they'd done something server side specifically so the code would work for it.  Also, once you start playing it, you'll see why it's better suited to the modern controller than the classic.

I'm hoping that when i get some time later to play it using the modern controller I'll come round to it a bit lol, right now I'm just disappointed as i had such high hopes we would get that joystick support added in. I remember everyone saying that Berzerk Recharged wasn't suited to the Classic Joystick but I've been able to get higher scores using the joystick over the modern controller in that game 🙂. I'm glad the qomp2 is out though and on the store for everyone to enjoy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I think it's safe to say nobody has supported the VCS more than you. So, you shouldn't feel guilty.

I also used the code for Qomp2. It's pretty fun. I played a bit with the modern controller, I was going to give it a go with the classic joystick, so I'm kinda bummed too that it's not an option. I don't see why it wouldn't work with that controller, based on playing it for a while.

Edited by scifidude79
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scifidude79 said:

I think it's safe to say nobody has supported the VCS more than you. So, you shouldn't feel guilty.

I also used the code for Qomp2. It's pretty fun. I played a bit with the modern controller, I was going to give it a go with the classic joystick, so I'm kinda bummed too that it's not an option. I don't see why it wouldn't work with that controller, based on playing it for a while.

Thanks 🙂 i always try and purchase everything that releases on the Atari VCS 800 day one to show support for the system and in the hope we keep getting new games and more devs on board. I think i feel guilty because being realistic it seems at times that the lights are barely just being kept on for the Atari VCS 800 thanks to all the hate its got in the past and i feel every single game sale counts in keeping the console alive. I guess I'm feeling like is the Atari VCS really in such a position where it can give out a free game till the end of the month and let alone on a new big game release such as qomp2? 

I have spent more time playing the game and i definetaly can see the Classic Joystick working well enough with qomp2, its not the worst thing in the world using the Modern Controller i think i was just expecting a bit extra for the Atari VCS release. I do hope we might get an update to add the Joystick in the future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I think i feel guilty because being realistic it seems at times that the lights are barely just being kept on for the Atari VCS 800 thanks to all the hate its got in the past and i feel every single game sale counts in keeping the console alive. I guess I'm feeling like is the Atari VCS really in such a position where it can give out a free game till the end of the month and let alone on a new big game release such as qomp2?

I'm hoping things are going better for the VCS, and for Atari in general. Unfortunately, it's hard to get some people to move on past the things that happened with it before Wade Rosen took over as CEO. Some people act like that's still the present state of Atari, but I don't think it is. I'm taking the fact that they can give away a free game to all users of the platform as a good omen.

• Like 1

Oh man, I took this as an opportunity to update the Atari OS and the controllers as I rarley use the VCS in that mode, because it has Windows 10 on the SSD. Aaaanway, I downloaded Dynablaster because of its name an my fond memories with it, thinking the singleplayer mode would be like that in the old game. I can't tell you how dissapointed I am in that game. And I am angry with myself for not checking out reviews in advance and opt for a better game. Haha. What a wasted opportunity for such a nice gesture. In any case I do appreciate the code for the free game, thanks a lot. Really. It is funny how I almost end up being ungrateful for my own descison and badly managed expectation. :D Should have gone with Boulder Dash maybe or Akka Arr (although I probably get that one for the Xbox anyway).

• 2 weeks later...