IGNORED

Has anyone found any solution to Atari Flashback consoles powering problems (Power light just blinking) ?

jiipsi

I have Atari Flashback 8 Gold and it turns on very rarely in first try. Normally it just blinks the power led when turned on and I usually have to try turning it on several (sometimes maybe a 50-100) times before 

I manage to turn it on. After it has been on a while it usually starts working better.

Does anybody know any cure for this, maybe better power adaptor, changing some componets or something ? 

I noticed that several poeple has reported same kind of problems with different Flashback models, maybe someone has found some good solution to this ?

If the blinking LED is a design feature than I would expect a reason for it to be given in the user manual, if that is the case then knowing what it signifies (i.e. low battery status) would give some clue as to what the problem may be otherwise it could be absolutely anything causing it.

If I have understood this correctly, it is just some kind of warning that the booting has failed for some reason, probably because of wrong voltage or power and maybe that is cased by bad power adapter, some regulator, bad condensator etc. Strange thing is, that if I manage to get the "console" booted and let it be on some time, booting the "warmed" components work much much better. 

By the way, the blinking is just on and off blinking without any patterns, so it's not giving much hints about whats it related to. (Unlike PC powering issues that gives "tones with patterns" that immediately gives a hint where the problem lies.)