IGNORED

Experimental 2600+ Firmware and Dumper

raz0red

23 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

To be honest I enjoy your content and encourage you to continue for my own personal enjoyment.

Ok, in that case then...

These arrived today.

IMG_20240726_223534.thumb.jpg.34c310f35c7d04337be9ee0cc2245ee1.jpg

Has anyone played the skiing game? I seem to fall over when I hit the third background colour. I wonder if I just need to be going full throttle?

EDIT: I know, this isn't the collecting thread. Erm, all tested and working on the current dumper and firmware. :P

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Ok, in that case then...

These arrived today.

Has anyone played the skiing game? I seem to fall over when I hit the third background colour. I wonder if I just need to be going full throttle?

Never played Abfahrtslauf... "John should jump over melting snow"?

Did not find the complete manual so far...

Is the game good?

abfahrtslauf_taiwan_bodoni_cart_3.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Never played Abfahrtslauf... "John should jump over melting snow"?

Did not find the complete manual so far...

Is the game good?

abfahrtslauf_taiwan_bodoni_cart_3.jpg

I was trying to jump over the grey snow (now known to be melted snow, thank you), but constantly failing. I managed to do it a couple of times, I think when I held the button down.

The game is very difficult!

I found this video.

But I do not speak the language.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

You have tested 450 carts on the 2600+?

Yes, but not 450 games😉 Many of them are label variants, different boxes, different region and so on.

But you have not read your email correctly 🤣I sent you the results of those tested cartridges in an Excel sheet weeks ago 😉

(and that sheet shows a bit less than 450 cartridges, because I bought 6 cartridges in the last 2 weeks 🤣)

And for other readers 😉 I am collecting Atari items, not just 2600, for over 35 years. Most of my collection was bought in the nineties when no one wanted Atari anymore, so almost everything was a bargain 😉)

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I was trying to jump over the grey snow (now known to be melted snow, thank you), but constantly failing. I managed to do it a couple of times, I think when I held the button down.

The game is very difficult!

I found this video.

I have that game too but my copy is called "Ski Run". Like so many Taiwanese cartridges this game was published (=pirated) under many different names.

And errrmmm, I think it is a terrible game.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fred_M said:

I have that game too but my copy is called "Ski Run". Like so many Taiwanese cartridges this game was published (=pirated) under many different names.

And errrmmm, I think it is a terrible game.

I enjoy these curiosities. Well, owning them. Some are fun to play. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Ok, in that case then...

These arrived today.

EDIT: I know, this isn't the collecting thread. Erm, all tested and working on the current dumper and firmware. :P

Gosh, that german compound word for the ski in game just includes that lovely sound in English, "fahrt".

😄

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I found this video.

That's not necessary, he's basically making fun of the game, especially the sound, throughout the whole video.

The only interesting information given is that this game was also released under the names Ski Run (@Fred_M mentioned this before), Crazy Ski and Skirun.

And maybe that it sold for 40 - 60 Deutsche Mark BITD (roughly $16 to $24 then).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Ok, in that case then...

These arrived today.

I'm guessing you bought those because of the Artwork? Not because they are necessarily good games? 😆

Great Artwork thou. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

I remember driving through Germany was a laugh a minute :P

Some people believe after crossing the border,  Ausfahrt is a huge town... as in other countries you put the name of the town on such a sign😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

I tried Xevious PAL with RX6 and game's screen is too low.

I could be wrong but I don't think it was like this with previous firmwares.

Titlescreen seems ok.

XeviousPAL(1).thumb.png.7b788efd1df4c31092f0ccb8090d82e5.png XeviousPAL(2).thumb.png.32bed9240ffc2bef538742d6e5128d61.png

There were not any changes to the 7800 emu side between R5 and R6.

Chris.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raz0red said:

There were not any changes to the 7800 emu side between R5 and R6.

Chris.

I tested Xevious a long time ago, I don't know if I did with experimental firmware.

In fact I don't remember if it was always like that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Philsan said:

I tried Xevious PAL with RX6 and game's screen is too low.

I could be wrong but I don't think it was like this with previous firmwares.

Titlescreen seems ok.

XeviousPAL(1).thumb.png.7b788efd1df4c31092f0ccb8090d82e5.png XeviousPAL(2).thumb.png.32bed9240ffc2bef538742d6e5128d61.png

This is normal, at least for the PAL version I have and applies to Commando (PAL) as well.

Both games are vertically streched (other type of resolution?) and even when I use both cartridges in my original 7800 console with AV mod, connected to a Retrotink5x, I had to create a different profile for both games (maybe some other benefit, too) to shift it up.

On my Samsung which I use for the 2600+, I shift it up 5 pixels and everything is fine.

The emulation is fine, it reflects original (PAL) HW 🤗

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shane857 said:

I'm guessing you bought those because of the Artwork? Not because they are necessarily good games? 😆

Great Artwork thou. 👍🏻

Well I quite like Lilly Adventure, a quirky platformer, quite fun with it's huge and highly controllable jump. The plate spinning game is an interesting concept and plays so so. The skiing game, hmmm I want to like, I'm gonna try to play some more.

I enjoy having these early and unusual indie feeling games. Some of them do have interesting artwork, these three are only ok. 

• Like 3