IGNORED

Experimental 2600+ Firmware and Dumper

raz0red

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Personally I think the original Atari 2600+ boot logo is fine. Priority should be better game compatibility PAL/NTSC equally.

Yep, get the dumper even dump the tiny rest, improve the paddle support (+7800) and let my Trakball roll🤙

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, DhaemonX said:

Can we get a sticky thread on how to update. I have never updated mine and I would like it all in one sticky thread please.  With the links to what I need to download please.

First page on this thread is where you’ll find the latest files you need and a link for the instructions. It’s really not complicated. Fairly simple, there is also a great video on YouTube that explains it well. If you need help with any part of it just ask someone will gladly help.

EDIT: @DEANJIMMY beat me to it! lol.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

First page on this thread is where you’ll find the latest files you need and a link for the instructions. It’s really not complicated. Fairly simple, there is also a great video on YouTube that explains it well. If you need help with any part of it just ask someone will gladly help.

EDIT: @DEANJIMMY beat me to it! lol.

Instructions:

Files:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/361600-experimental-2600-firmware-and-dumper/#comments

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked up a complete copy of Acid Drop which is marked as working on the 1.0 compatibility list, but on 1.1x-r4 displays the title screen but wont progress into the game and crashes, despite cleaning and having been reported as working on the seller's 2600jnr.

Does anyone have a copy they could test to see if it's an r4 issue or if I've just picked up a bad cart?  

1 hour ago, yamazaki said:

I picked up a complete copy of Acid Drop which is marked as working on the 1.0 compatibility list, but on 1.1x-r4 displays the title screen but wont progress into the game and crashes, despite cleaning and having been reported as working on the seller's 2600jnr.

Does anyone have a copy they could test to see if it's an r4 issue or if I've just picked up a bad cart?  

I just tested my copy of Acid Drop (PAL) and for me this game is also *not* working. It shows the splash screen but pressing fire doesn't bring me to the game. When pulling the Reset switch, the screen gets scrambled (while vaguely showing "Acid Drop"). I'm running the latest 1.1x-r5. My other Salu games (My Golf and Pick 'n' Pile) are working.

Edited by Dionoid

13 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

I have also tested by copy of Acid Drop (PAL) and for me this game is also *not* working. It shows the splash screen but pressing fire doesn't bring me to the game. When pulling the Reset switch, the screen gets scrambled (while vaguely showing "Acid Drop"). I'm running the latest 1.1x-r5. My other Salu games (My Golf and Pick 'n' Pile) are working.

Ah, exactly the same symptoms as mine.  Thanks very much for checking.  I wonder if it did work on 1.0 or the tester only got as far as the title screen and assumed all was ok? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

I just tested my copy of Acid Drop (PAL) and for me this game is also *not* working. It shows the splash screen but pressing fire doesn't bring me to the game. When pulling the Reset switch, the screen gets scrambled (while vaguely showing "Acid Drop"). I'm running the latest 1.1x-r5. My other Salu games (My Golf and Pick 'n' Pile) are working.

Can you please capture and post the debug info?

The PAL version of Pick 'n Pile it was being detected as NTSC and we needed to force it.

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by raz0red
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DhaemonX said:

Can we get a sticky thread on how to update. I have never updated mine and I would like it all in one sticky thread please.  With the links to what I need to download please.

See this post for a thorough step-by-step instructions on how to update, including a one file zip archive download containing all necessary files:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Trebor said:

See this post for a thorough step-by-step instructions on how to update, including a one file zip archive download containing all necessary files:

So can I go straight to updating to the latest dumper  (x.02)? And the R5 firmware from my stock 2600+?

Sorry if this is buried in this topic somewhere...

I'm on 1.1r3 and Received a Defender 2 cib. It's not being recognized as in the slot.

Has this game been verified working? It's the first cart I've received with green on the copper pins. It's probably just going to take a lot of electronic contact cleaner but I want to rule out compatibility too since I've already cleaned it a lot.

Thanks!