IGNORED

gorf cart--why doesnt it fit correctly

unoclay

kind of a dumb question probably, but why does Gorf fit so poorly into the cartridge slot for Atari 5200 compared to other non-atari produced games? things like blueprint and decathlon and other cartridges of third-party production fit just fine, but my copy of Gorf is very difficult to fit into my system. is this common? is there any specific reason anyone knows of why this specific game doesn't fit correctly?  i can just barely wedge it into the system, but it makes it difficult to get it to work correctly much less even fit in there naturally 

The CBS cartridge's are thicker than the Atari cartridge's. 

Atari usually about .800 - .815 thick,

CBS usually about .820 +

There's going to be a little give and take do to tolerances and age. Also the slot in the console housing is not straight down, it has a minor taper to it, smaller on bottom, so as the cartridge is pushed in, it is getting forced in the taper.

And this will be different for others, for you it's Gorf, for me it's, Wizard Of wor that is the troublesome one.

Edited by RB5200
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...