IGNORED

Circus Interstellar (coming soon)

Ettinsoft

image.thumb.jpeg.eaa32f32bcd386a3bd3806672933c0be.jpeg

Circus Interstellar is invading an Atari VCS near you!
Step right up and get your ticket punched for the most grotesque intergalactic ride of your life!
Prepare to twist and dive your way through an intergalactic carnival dripping with dread and violence hiding around every dark corner!
Inspired by stellar video games of yore such as
Berzerk and Smash TV with a touch of madness from classic films like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Alien, Circus Interstellar is a blood pumping arcade experience that's guaranteed to give you a chronic case of Coulrophobia!

image.thumb.jpeg.30468d6181576ebf214ea86442ffc05c.jpeg
Engage in heart pounding activities including but not limited to:

Carefully traversing corridors lined with electrified walls (shocking!) and gory bozos!

🥧 Dodge deadly heat seeking juggling pins and high speed gut pies!

🍿 Join in a colorful buffet and become the delicious main course for man-eating popcorn!

🤡 Run for your life from the ever-hungry Jugularnaut or become fast food!

🛸 Unlock upgrades and powerups to make your inevitable death fun for the whole family!

🎪 Earn gameplay modifiers to add a twist of your own to this insane polka dotted party!

🎸 Boogie down with the clowns to a soundtrack that's outta this world! Composed by none other than Dance with the Dead! (WOW!)

💫 Join your buddies on the couch for a 4 player extravaganza and make your final performance a grand one!

🕹️ Atari's classic joystick is fully supported and the best way to enjoy the show!

🎉 And much more!

image.thumb.jpeg.ee70689992270d3c57bb33088cedd8b0.jpeg

The shows about to begin, are you prepared to pie?

The official release date is still to be determined but rest assured Circus Interstellar will be invading your consoles soon!

If you'd like to play now, Circus Interstellar is currently available on PC via Steam and itch.io, and there is a free demo on Steam!
When the VCS port releases, we will be patching the PC version with the new goodies we add to the VCS!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/984030/Circus_Interstellar/
Itch.io: https://ettinsoft.itch.io/circus-interstellar

If you would like to join in on the development cycle, participate in our monthly Ettinjams, or just hang out, feel free to drop by our Discord group and say hello! You can also find a demo there!

Discord: https://discord.gg/YZQAj2zUWt

Screenshots:

circus1.thumb.jpg.2fa741211f041b91e9e1d87c46926cdd.jpg circus6.thumb.jpg.984b68244f8e37629f80cf6c226cf375.jpgcircus5.thumb.jpg.c0f4081131bb45488b689b7c7f83fe19.jpg circus4.thumb.jpg.b93d5b350e7171ad35876a9aa7fc9c78.jpg 

Edited by Ettinsoft
  • Like 4

I'm so so pleased to see Circus Interstellar coming to the Atari VCS 800 after all and i really appreciate the support for the Classic Joystick being added 🙂 I will be picking up Circus Interstellar on release day for sure when it hits the VCS store! I'll probably pick up the Steam version at a later date as i really wanted to experience this game on the Atari VCS 800 first and i believe the Atari VCS 800 will be the ultimate way to experience the game first especially if your a fan of the Classic Joystick like me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ettinsoft said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eaa32f32bcd386a3bd3806672933c0be.jpeg

Circus Interstellar is invading an Atari VCS near you!
Step right up and get your ticket punched for the most grotesque intergalactic ride of your life!
Prepare to twist and dive your way through an intergalactic carnival dripping with dread and violence hiding around every dark corner!
Inspired by stellar video games of yore such as
Berzerk and Smash TV with a touch of madness from classic films like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Alien, Circus Interstellar is a blood pumping arcade experience that's guaranteed to give you a chronic case of Coulrophobia!

image.thumb.jpeg.30468d6181576ebf214ea86442ffc05c.jpeg
Engage in heart pounding activities including but not limited to:

Carefully traversing corridors lined with electrified walls (shocking!) and gory bozos!

🥧 Dodge deadly heat seeking juggling pins and high speed gut pies!

🍿 Join in a colorful buffet and become the delicious main course for man-eating popcorn!

🤡 Run for your life from the ever-hungry Jugularnaut or become fast food!

🛸 Unlock upgrades and powerups to make your inevitable death fun for the whole family!

🎪 Earn gameplay modifiers to add a twist of your own to this insane polka dotted party!

🎸 Boogie down with the clowns to a soundtrack that's outta this world! Composed by none other than Dance with the Dead! (WOW!)

💫 Join your buddies on the couch for a 4 player extravaganza and make your final performance a grand one!

🕹️ Atari's classic joystick is fully supported and the best way to enjoy the show!

🎉 And much more!

image.thumb.jpeg.ee70689992270d3c57bb33088cedd8b0.jpeg

The shows about to begin, are you prepared to pie?

The official release date is still to be determined but rest assured Circus Interstellar will be invading your consoles soon!

If you'd like to play now, Circus Interstellar is currently available on PC via Steam and itch.io, and there is a free demo on Steam!
When the VCS port releases, we will be patching the PC version with the new goodies we add to the VCS!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/984030/Circus_Interstellar/
Itch.io: https://ettinsoft.itch.io/circus-interstellar

If you would like to join in on the development cycle, participate in our monthly Ettinjams, or just hang out, feel free to drop by our Discord group and say hello! You can also find a demo there!

Discord: https://discord.gg/YZQAj2zUWt

Screenshots:

circus1.thumb.jpg.2fa741211f041b91e9e1d87c46926cdd.jpg circus6.thumb.jpg.984b68244f8e37629f80cf6c226cf375.jpgcircus5.thumb.jpg.c0f4081131bb45488b689b7c7f83fe19.jpg circus4.thumb.jpg.b93d5b350e7171ad35876a9aa7fc9c78.jpg 

This looks like a fast paced fun time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I'm so so pleased to see Circus Interstellar coming to the Atari VCS 800 after all and i really appreciate the support for the Classic Joystick being added 🙂 I will be picking up Circus Interstellar on release day for sure when it hits the VCS store! I'll probably pick up the Steam version at a later date as i really wanted to experience this game on the Atari VCS 800 first and i believe the Atari VCS 800 will be the ultimate way to experience the game first especially if your a fan of the Classic Joystick like me. 

Oh i totally get it, its absolutely worth the wait to be able to try the game for the first time with a Classic joystick 🕹  Had to get creative with the buttons and im really happen with the way its turning out, feels just like playing a modern Berzerk 🤤

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

This looks like a fast paced fun time!

It'll knock your socks off thats for sure 😉🧦

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, swlovinist said:

So cool that this game is coming to the VCS.   I met them at PRGE.  

Eyyyy 👉👉 going to be shooting for another booth this year too! Hope to see you there again John! 😄 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Flyindrew said:

Any new news on release date?

This looks like a good one, probably a day 1 buy for me.

Nothing concrete yet, what we do know is we are shooting to have it ready for Atari to playtest at the end of March. After that it depends on how big their laundry list is of things we might need to fix, if anything. We feel like its likely going to be ready to release late April, but we'll know for sure after Atari tests it 🙂 and of course ill be posting everywhere and updating this post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had an awesome time with Raskull and ShotgunSean on That Gaming Show last night. Talked about the Circus Interstellar coming to the VCS, showed gameplay using the classic atari gamepad, watched some old alpha footage we found in the depths of our computer, and of course shooting the shit over some cold brewski. 😉 

Circus Interstellar is really coming along, I think fans of the original Berzerk will really appreciate a modern take on the classic that doesn't lose the magic we all enjoyed from the OG. We are getting close to the deadline we've given ourselves to hand off the game to Atari for testing, after we square away any feedback we receive from them we will be announcing an official release date. Don't worry, the circus will be invading your VCS soon... 🤡

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yooooooooooooo

The Atari VCS port for CI is now finished and will be released on May 10th at 9:00am PST!!

For those who would like to read more into the updates and such, you can find all of that on our blog post here: A Long Polka Dotted Road...

We're so stoked to see this game finally get into the hands of all you awesome Creatures! 😄

Here's the latest trailer to whet your appetites:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The game looks cool, can't wait to give it a whirl.  I also love the production value of the trailer.  You guys did some serious cinematography and editing just for a game trailer.  Great job. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joeatari1 said:

The game looks cool, can't wait to give it a whirl.  I also love the production value of the trailer.  You guys did some serious cinematography and editing just for a game trailer.  Great job. 👍

Hey thanks man! 

Making the trailer was a blast.  It was actually the first time my brother and I ever recorded something live action like this, so that was exciting!

Hope you enjoy the game! 😀 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I picked this game up over the weekend and it's awesome.  Has anybody else been playing?  I noticed that the classic controller seems to act up a little when I have it plugged into the console while playing.  For some reason I shoot much slower.  Am I the only one to notice this?

I always love when devs put in classic controller support and this is pulled off very well.  Which controller do you guys prefer the classic or modern?  Also the inclusion of the digital comic was a nice touch.  I can't believe this game has been out so long on steam and I wasn't aware of it until now!

• Like 4

I have only been using the modern so far, but I'm just getting started on the game. Agree, it's awesome! I wasn't sure I'd be into the alien clown thing, but the gameplay and overall way the graphics, sound, and action comes together is really nice. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Silver Back said:

So I picked this game up over the weekend and it's awesome.  Has anybody else been playing?  I noticed that the classic controller seems to act up a little when I have it plugged into the console while playing.  For some reason I shoot much slower.  Am I the only one to notice this?

I always love when devs put in classic controller support and this is pulled off very well.  Which controller do you guys prefer the classic or modern?  Also the inclusion of the digital comic was a nice touch.  I can't believe this game has been out so long on steam and I wasn't aware of it until now!

Glad you're having fun! I haven't ever noticed any slow reactions with the classic gamepad before, ill check it out next time i boot it up. 🤔 Yeah, we just had to have those things for our game, I mean it straight up makes me feel like I'm playing Berzerk on the 2600! I feel most Berzerk fans feel the same way 😉

16 hours ago, Mockduck said:

I have only been using the modern so far, but I'm just getting started on the game. Agree, it's awesome! I wasn't sure I'd be into the alien clown thing, but the gameplay and overall way the graphics, sound, and action comes together is really nice. 

Yeah, we originally didn't think we'd be making a clowns game either lol But there weren't enough badass clown games out there at the time and Killer Klowns from Outer Space needed a video game 🤡 Thats really cool to hear, thanks man! 😊

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:02 AM, Silver Back said:

So I picked this game up over the weekend and it's awesome.

22 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Agree, it's awesome! I wasn't sure I'd be into the alien clown thing, but the gameplay and overall way the graphics, sound, and action comes together is really nice. 

Ok, you guys sold me :)  I'll pick it up in the next few days.

5 hours ago, Ettinsoft said:

and Killer Klowns from Outer Space needed a video game

I hear it's getting an official one?  My wife saw it at PAX

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zzip said:

Ok, you guys sold me :)  I'll pick it up in the next few days.

I hear it's getting an official one?  My wife saw it at PAX

It is finally yeah, at the time we started Circus Interstellar though there wasn't anything. Looks pretty fun, like Dead by Daylight but more polka dots lol