IGNORED

Q: Parse error

Blitzer1001

Hey all! I was trying to make a port for m.u.l.e to the 2600. I normally never get this error when i compile but when i tried compiling m.u.l.e for the first time i got the following error message:

(1) Parse error: unrecognized character "´"

Does anyone know how i can fix this? I tried looking in the code for myself but found nothing. I have attached the code. I am using windows 10 if it makes any difference.
Thanks for reading!

MULE.bas

Edited by Blitzer1001

24 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

The file you uploaded is a bit weird... Firefox warned that it might be malware.  Using a hex editor, I found that the first three bytes (EF BB BF) look like some kind of unicode marker.

Here's a version that gets rid of those:

MULE.bas 1.27 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you verry much for helping me, it solved the issue! Only now i get the following error:

D:\Atari2600\Projects>2600bas Mule.bas
batari Basic v1.7 (c)2022
2600 Basic compilation complete.
--- Unresolved Symbol List
note                     0000 ????         (R )
qtcontroller             0000 ????         (R )

2539 bytes of ROM space left

Fatal assembly error: Source is not resolvable.

I looked for solutions here on the forum and found that it means that it can't find the files that are listed, however, i don't know where to find those files.

Those are undefined symbols... 'qtcontroller' can be ignored, as that's more of a warning and usually not seen if everything else compiles correctly.  The issue is that 'note' has not been defined.  In batariBasic, you need to 'dim' any variables that you're going to use.  More information on that can be found here:

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#variables

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

Those are undefined symbols... 'qtcontroller' can be ignored, as that's more of a warning and usually not seen if everything else compiles correctly.  The issue is that 'note' has not been defined.  In batariBasic, you need to 'dim' any variables that you're going to use.  More information on that can be found here:

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#variables

Thank you verry much for your help during this thread! I really apreciate it and it helped me a ton :)

• Like 1