IGNORED

Astonished how sony exclusives did made their way onto the GBA

Am actually amezed that many sony exclusives such as crash bandicout and tekken did made their way in 2D form onto the gameboy advance,who ever tout that naughty dog and namco would do that?

well i guess the gameboy advance did became eventually sooo popular that it simply couldn’t stop to get what was once exclusive on other systems,just did also appear on that system,

yes sega decided to put what was once their exclusives from their own systems on the GBA as well as on other systems,but that was also because their dreamcast did sadly ironically fail and sega had to pull off the plug from it back in march of 2001,because it probably would,ve otherwise drained more money out rather then fetching money in,still trough i wish they delayed the dead of the dreamcast till early 2006 instead,(oh boy the first quarter of 2001 were just sooo much better then the first quarter of 2024🥲)

it’s actually staggering that the GBA sold a whopping 180 million units,it was like the playstation but then portibly wiping the flour ,

now it’s true that once exclusives such as final fantansy franchises did only appear on nintendo systems and that it later did appear on the playstation among many other ones as well,

but i simply didn’t had expected this,because of high royalty fees and strict rules from nintendo to those game developers,

it makes me wonder,didn’t sony tried hard to avoid those once to their excusive system games, to be on nintendo systems,

remember nintendo tried something to avoid final fantansy 7 to be on the playstation by also coming with the sadly delayed 64DD addon,but they failed miserably,

60B8E7B7-B6E2-4486-AF99-206486A06339.png

• Confused 2

How are you astonished something Sony didn't own went onto other systems?  Naughty Dog was the Crash makers, they're not Sony pets they control on a leash.  Again your amezement is yet again misplaced.  What's next, a post about Spyro?  Final Fantasy Tactics?  Final Fantasy 1+2 (ie ORIGINS on PS1), Final Fantasy V (also on PS1), and other franchises that jumped ship?  Grand Theft Auto Advance, Max Payne, Wing Commander Prophecy?  So many choices to be non-amazed about there.

Also GBA sold 80M units not 180M units...I wish, but DS snuffed it out too soon.

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

How are you astonished something Sony didn't own went onto other systems?  Naughty Dog was the Crash makers, they're not Sony pets they control on a leash.  Again your amezement is yet again misplaced.  What's next, a post about Spyro?  Final Fantasy Tactics?  Final Fantasy 1+2 (ie ORIGINS on PS1), Final Fantasy V (also on PS1), and other franchises that jumped ship?  Grand Theft Auto Advance, Max Payne, Wing Commander Prophecy?  So many choices to be non-amazed about there.

Also GBA sold 80M units not 180M units...I wish, but DS snuffed it out too soon.

Well spyro is indeed a good thing to mention,well if naughty dog wasn’t under sony’s pet ,well then am wonder why crash bandicout never appeared on the sega saturn or N64,same thing with spyro,wich also appeared only on the ps1 but then appeared on the gba later on,

now about final fantasy 1 & 2 (origigins) well final fantasy 1 & 2 did appear on the snes,however i found it weird that jap final fantasy 6 did appear as final fantasy 3 in the west,all because final fantasy 4 & 5 did appear in the west,

well the gba may only sold 81 million units but if we count the ds lite wich could also play gba games at it sold 93 million units and if we count the gameboyplayer and the visteon dvd player wich also could run gba games,then the sales do come close to be 180 million units,but it is actually cheating since the ds lite (along with it’s previous model) is a nextgen system,but still,,?

oh well,whatever did appear on the gba (whether former exclusive games on other systems or not) it is what it is.

1 hour ago, johannesmutlu said:

then am wonder why crash bandicout never appeared on the sega saturn or N64

Early Crash Bandicoot games were indeed exclusives, but it changed after 2000 when Sony stopped publishing the series (Vivendi got it then Activision). I'm not even sure Tekken was an exclusive, but Namco was clearly a big rival of SEGA at the time. Also, since GBA was a handheld and Sony didn't have its own before the PSP, it was not necessarily perceived as a rival system for Sony.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Early Crash Bandicoot games were indeed exclusives, but it changed after 2000 when Sony stopped publishing the series (Vivendi got it then Activision). I'm not even sure Tekken was an exclusive, but Namco was clearly a big rival of SEGA at the time. Also, since GBA was a handheld and Sony didn't have its own before the PSP, it was not necessarily perceived as a rival system for Sony.

Aha now that’s an interesting thing to know,yeah sometimes weird things do happen in the gaming world because or the rights of games get sold to other companies or they got published by different companies or companies getting bought up by other companies,for instance atari was first sold to jack tramiel ,then it was sold to hasbro,then it was sold to infogrames and so on, but then infogrames felt for bankruptsy and some way some how atari resurrected from it’s dead and became the independent atari again but it is not the same atari like it was before but still do they get access to their own stuff from the past,mmm.

it can’t be any weirder then this.

Your sentences about final fantasy make no sense.

SNES era, outside Japan, we did NOT get FF2 or FF3, we got FF4 and FF6 *AS* FF2 and 3.  We never got 5 on Nintendo in the 90s, nor did we get 2.  Sony did, under origins and the 5+6 package.  Nintendo only got FF2 under FF1+2 Dawn of Souls on GBA, also finally properly numbered 4, 5 (first time), and 6.  It took a 3D recreation on the DS to finally bring the lost one 3 to the US, now properly released as it would/should have been on the PIXEL REMASTER release to play FF3 properly as the old Famicom release intended.

And no we do NOT count the DS as part of the GBA, you're not allowed to do that...I wont' allow you to make that claim either without picking it to pieces.  The DS was Nintendos trial run bullshit 'third pillar' marketing garbage to test the waters of a primitive 3D/powerful 2D double screen handheld, that it played GBA was both to try and sucker GBA fans over and also just as a cheap coprocessor etc they could use to save some costs too.  They're not the same, they don't fully even function the same since GB/GBC was dropped the GBA did do.  Exactly, it is what it is and you're puffing numbers for another one of your crazy arguments. :\

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Your sentences about final fantasy make no sense.

SNES era, outside Japan, we did NOT get FF2 or FF3, we got FF4 and FF6 *AS* FF2 and 3.  We never got 5 on Nintendo in the 90s, nor did we get 2.  Sony did, under origins and the 5+6 package.  Nintendo only got FF2 under FF1+2 Dawn of Souls on GBA, also finally properly numbered 4, 5 (first time), and 6.  It took a 3D recreation on the DS to finally bring the lost one 3 to the US, now properly released as it would/should have been on the PIXEL REMASTER release to play FF3 properly as the old Famicom release intended.

And no we do NOT count the DS as part of the GBA, you're not allowed to do that...I wont' allow you to make that claim either without picking it to pieces.  The DS was Nintendos trial run bullshit 'third pillar' marketing garbage to test the waters of a primitive 3D/powerful 2D double screen handheld, that it played GBA was both to try and sucker GBA fans over and also just as a cheap coprocessor etc they could use to save some costs too.  They're not the same, they don't fully even function the same since GB/GBC was dropped the GBA did do.  Exactly, it is what it is and you're puffing numbers for another one of your crazy arguments. 😕

Seriously?, now that’s weird that we didn’t get FF2 and FF3 but did get FF4 and FF5 ,mmmn,oh well whatever,it is what it is,

trough i found it indeed weird what nintendo did with their DS handheld,it was supposed to be a middle ground system between the gba and ngc but eventually it became the successor to the gba later on,i think that the DS was just a direct response to the sony psp because if nintendo didn’t came in time or not at all,they would,ve been thown away by sony,so i think that ‘middle ground’ system claim and strategy from nintendo,was just an overhyping gimmick and it just worked out because it attracted more audiences of gamers including casual gamers,especially with their wii system later on.

altrough i am more a retro guy.

Uhh what?  We didn't get FF5 I Just clearly spelled that out, not until the PS1 release, then GBA for Nintendo owners.  FF2 came to us through the PS1 then GBA too.  FF3 was very late and last, a 3D remaster in the DS era then that went mobile, and only in the last year as a pixel remaster was done in the original 2D format.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:45 AM, Tanooki said:

Uhh what?  We didn't get FF5 I Just clearly spelled that out, not until the PS1 release, then GBA for Nintendo owners.  FF2 came to us through the PS1 then GBA too.  FF3 was very late and last, a 3D remaster in the DS era then that went mobile, and only in the last year as a pixel remaster was done in the original 2D format.

Mmm oke well that’s interesting,but at the other hand,how many times do we see HD remasters of old games and how many times do games get ported to mobile phonea as well wich weren’s designed with those types of games in mind, games such as street fighter 2,sonic the hedge hog,final fantasy,gta etc, yeah there’re controllers out there to accomodate for for this but still,,,

now there might be demand for those old games getting remastered to target both retro gamers and new generation audiences whether they play those remasters on mobile phones or on the xbox x,ps5 or pc etc,,, but personally to me,those games don’t need to be remastered and ported since they were already good back then,played and be talked about alooot,heck am surprised that even some games from the early 2000’s already getting a full HD or 4 treatment,

but if they want to remaster old games wich weren’t all that great (whether it’s poor laggy controls or poor graphics & sounds etc,,,

how about remastering stunt race fx,fortex,starfox,F22 interceptor,dirt racer,star raider etc,,, because those games are not only begging for an HD or 4K update but also smoother controls,sure starfox was already acceptible back then,but many games were not,

also how about a 3Dimensional game of mission impossible and ghost busters from the nes in wich you could walk or drive in all direction from a fps perspective at full Hd or 4D,that would be really great to see it happen😁

On 3/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, johannesmutlu said:

trough i wish they delayed the dead of the dreamcast till early 2006 instead,(oh boy the first quarter of 2001 were just sooo much better

That depends on your perspective. Actual releases for import that are very playable without having to know the language were released til 2007 in GD-Rom format. Mostly shooters that were awesome. King of the Fighters 2002 was released in 2003 for it. Games like Chaos Field came out on GameCube yes but was on Dreamcast for my Christmas in 2004. Kinda depended on what you liked to play. Coupled with the indie and smaller companies still making games to this day it hasn't totally went away. And many games are still online right now.

On 3/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, johannesmutlu said:

sega decided to put what was once their exclusives from their own systems on the GBA

This was just a natural business progression after they killed off GameGear. They had a deal with SNK and the Neo Geo Pocket. Hence the Link Cable to link it to Dreamcast and a few games that supported this feature. Also Sonic Pocket and Puyo Pyo on the Neo Geo Pocket. Kinda the same idea as the GBA to GameCube cable. They really started branching off here several years before they jumped to GBA. The Neo Geo Pocket died so they needed another portable to support. The GBA was just a natural progression. Support for GBA was in magazines and announced soon after the plugged got pulled on the Neo Geo Pocket but before the Dreamcast was announced discontinued.

• Like 3