IGNORED

POT O' GOLD for the INTELLIVISION : a work in progress

Hi everyone

2 weeks ago Willie AKA THEVNAGUY here on AA posted a video of him playing the arcade coin-op POT OF GOLD.

He thought it would be a nice game for a home conversion.

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!

I was corresponding with my friend Chris Read AKA ATARI2600LAND here on AA and asked him what he thought... and if he would be willing to try to make a port of the game for the INTELLIVISION.

Well, he was up for the challenge and has begun programming a version of the game.

I would like to stress that this is a work in progress and it is not the finished product.

I also sent the ROM file to Papa Pete to see if he would like to make a video.

We are hoping to release it on cartridge and C.I.B. but this will most likely happen later in the year. 

here is Willie's video of the game in action:

https://youtu.be/pBTU0-7IZ0Q?si=WELNgnUy5p8eQ7XY

thank you,

Tim D.

P.S.  here are some basic instructions ( a screen from the coin-op machine )

image.png.fa718c5e35b9f8ce092523e17247805a.png

• Like 9

Having seen a general theme running through a number of Atari2600land's homebrew games, I can't help but wonder if he suggested changing the name to something like "Pot of Stew" or "Bowl of Canteloupe".

😁

Edited by BigO

On 3/9/2024 at 2:16 PM, timdu said:

Hi everyone

2 weeks ago Willie AKA THEVNAGUY here on AA posted a video of him playing the arcade coin-op POT OF GOLD.

He thought it would be a nice game for a home conversion.

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!

I was corresponding with my friend Chris Read AKA ATARI2600LAND here on AA and asked him what he thought... and if he would be willing to try to make a port of the game for the INTELLIVISION.

Well, he was up for the challenge and has begun programming a version of the game.

I would like to stress that this is a work in progress and it is not the finished product.

I also sent the ROM file to Papa Pete to see if he would like to make a video.

We are hoping to release it on cartridge and C.I.B. but this will most likely happen later in the year. 

here is Willie's video of the game in action:

https://youtu.be/pBTU0-7IZ0Q?si=WELNgnUy5p8eQ7XY

thank you,

Tim D.

P.S.  here are some basic instructions ( a screen from the coin-op machine )

image.png.fa718c5e35b9f8ce092523e17247805a.png

I remember playing this game as a kid in Chuck E Cheese, I remember it being in a smaller arcade cabinet. Game was fun and as far as I know it was never ported to any console or computer. Looks good so far I'm in for a CIB. Do you have plans or is it even possible to incorporate the jumping animation into the gold?

It surprises me that I don't recall this game from an arcade,because I thought I played almost everything back in the eighties.

Which is perfectly fine because that means soon I'll get to try out another cool game I've never played. 

The early game footage looks really fun so far!👍

Posted (edited)

And Papa Pete has created and posted a video too!

Thanks Pete!

And if you missed it, here is Willie's video from this past weekend

ENJOY!

Tim

Edited by timdu
addition
  • Like 5

Top of the mornin' !

Thank you for sharing your work in progress, Chris! I hope everyone has a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, March 17!

I will be playing this game this weekend in celebration of the holiday!

Spongebob St. Patrick's day" Greeting Card for Sale by RebekahHerman |  Redbubble

ENJOY!

Tim D.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

I made a set of arcade style assets for Pot of Gold if you'd like to use them.

I'm just converting everything and making guides for it now.

titlescreen.gif.2f35f98e8b55bb1e5637d05b19ff4438.gif   LepLoreAnimatedMockup.gif.113d49952bffe00e0a10d2787b8b0ee9.gif

spawnanimationmockup2.gif.f82c69130a7eb5d4c5eb6090a3300db7.gif   DivingAnimationTest1.gif.e33234d4f597b0de0ff80a9f26f5bd12.gif

stagecleartest1.gif.531d22787aa66e02bcd29c5c52e75ebb.gif   GameOverAnimatedMockup.gif.de853d1e702df154bbd2c57a498e5890.gif

lepwalktest1.gif.be33b54c10ddda00e078d32c2c228c2b.gif  plyrwalktest1.gif.ad2e8d2d847f15ad385ddc261f9f6876.gif

Wow! These look awesome! Well done. I hope these make it in the game. 👍🏻

Knowing Justin’s work, I can vouch that he understands the platform’s limitations really really well.
While hard to believe at first glance, what he puts together is usually perfectly feasible on the Intellivision. 

It’s a matter of putting the effort to make it happen from a programming standpoint.