IGNORED

Defender of the Crown limited edition

Beeblebrox

Just picked this up. Apparently only 300 limited edition were made and this is one of them (lil gold sticker on the side of the box).

Heard a lot about this game. Looking forward to playing it.

I see the game is still available to buy copies of on the AA store, so not sure what makes mine differ as a limited edition  - aside the sticker?

Defender of the crown.png

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 4

The limited version has that nice gold foil sticker on the spine with the number printed on it.  I had to have the boxes reworked to get more printed.  They basically had to be redone from scratch, but in the same style, and with some elements on the back changed, such as removal of mention that this is a limited run.  I do still have some of the stickers and posters, so I am including those with the game until I deplete them, after which they will not be restocked. 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Albert said:

The limited version has that nice gold foil sticker on the spine with the number printed on it.  I had to have the boxes reworked to get more printed.  They basically had to be redone from scratch, but in the same style, and with some elements on the back changed, such as removal of mention that this is a limited run.  I do still have some of the stickers and posters, so I am including those with the game until I deplete them, after which they will not be restocked. 

..Al

Thanks Albert. So there is no difference in terms of box contents between the ones you still sell and the original limited edition run?  I thought the limited edition might have some extra goodies. Is the only different the presence of a sticker and some text changes? Usually the thing that makes a game limited edition is extra content (either in the game itself or in the box).

1 minute ago, Beeblebrox said:

Thanks Albert. So there is no difference in terms of box contents between the ones you still sell and the original limited edition run?  I thought the limited edition might have some extra goodies. Is the only different the presence of a sticker and some text changes? Usually the thing that makes a game limited edition is extra content (either in the game itself or in the box).

Yes, that is basically correct.  I figured I'd include the remaining stickers and posters while I have them, better than throwing them out.  I don't actually mention these in these in the store at all, since I will eventually deplete my stock of these items.

..Al

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yes, that is basically correct.  I figured I'd include the remaining stickers and posters while I have them, better than throwing them out.  I don't actually mention these in these in the store at all, since I will eventually deplete my stock of these items.

..Al

Ah - pity. So I was thinking I was getting something rare when I got this limited edition copy off Ebay. But basically I could have bought the AA version and still got more or less the same thing?

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Ah - pity. So I was thinking I was getting something rare when I got this limited edition copy off Ebay. But basically I could have bought the AA version and still got more or less the same thing?

A good rule of thumb w/homebrew/aftermarket games is unless you're on there seeking out something you know has been OOP for a long time, check the homebrewer or publisher's website. I frequently see still in print games being sold at a premium on EBay for absolutely no reason. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1