IGNORED

Anyone have any updates on the Atari Museum?

I seem to recall that there was some issue determining what items were owned by Curt's estate and what was on loan from other collectors. Presumably those claims have been resolved as it has been several years now. 

I do not know why those issues would prevent the continuation of the website, however.  

Was the Museum a separate legal entity, i.e. was it incorporated as a non-profit or charity? If not, perhaps cost of hosting became too much of a burden on whatever individuals became responsible for the contract.  

Edited by jhd

no that's pure speculation, the person taking over did not continue the site as it was nor did he continue paying for it. No, not everything has been resolved, but rather it seems leaving time progress and languish so things will be forgotten or expire with limitations and such. I've seen legal system worked this way for various reasons.

In any event, you can find the site and most of the stuff here there and everywhere. I wouldn't know all of the wrangling that went on, but not everyone got everything Curt wanted them to have. It's unfortunate how long this had dragged on. It's all under the other name now as far as I can tell.

The missing portions are slowly filling in.

You wouldn't want Atari taking ownership of everything. That's how everything has gotten lost or in dumpsters a number of times. It's a business, and these things change and priorities change. Best it be handled by the community, archivists, historians, fans, restoration folks, and museums.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

said link is provided in the description.  

Thanks, but, as the description of the site says, it was constructed using the Wayback machine. On just a quick jump around the site, I've already found things missing that I know were on the original site.

At least someone has made an effort to host a live version of what's available, and it has the blessing of the current management.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Thanks, but, as the description of the site says, it was constructed using the Wayback machine. On just a quick jump around the site, I've already found things missing that I know were on the original site.

At least someone has made an effort to host a live version of what's available, and it has the blessing of the current management.

I suggest contacting the site owner and provide any missing content. 

The GitHub link I posted is also Rees, it's probably the files he uses for the mirror.

If anyone has a complete backup of the site before it closed I'd happliy give it a home on my webspace. 

I notice that no one has converted Curts Facebook to a memorial page yet, I have a few departed friends that are the same, it's like people don't know you can do that.

Edited by Mr Robot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1