IGNORED

1 game worked out of 20...

I've had some of these issues as well, but I haven't thought much about it because I recognize that there's kind of a difference here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't want to speak out of my knowledge base here... but the reason why the original Atari plays these games with less error than the Atari 2600+ is... because the way the 2600 works is more analog compared to the 2600+. Point is, the original 2600 will still continue to play these cartridges even if they can make even minimum contact to get the chip to respond. With a dumper type system, it has to perfectly download the ROM with a perfect CRC check or it fails... correct?

So in this case, it's imperative that the carts be cleaned!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

With a dumper type system, it has to perfectly download the ROM with a perfect CRC check or it fails... correct?

Nope. I suppose the cart port of the 2600 simply gets better physical contact to the carts.

3 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Nope. I suppose the cart port of the 2600 simply gets better physical contact to the carts.

With the old Atari, if it wasn't great... you'd still get some magic on the screen, haha... lines, all kinds of crazy stuff. I think in this case, we don't get it with the 2600+, so maybe there's less feedback.

Atari should sell a "cleaning kit." Have them do a little research and see what some of the best cleaning products and kits are out there, and then Atari brand it... and sell it on their website. I'd buy one.

• Like 1