IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 10 ~ Challenge Week

Posting a score so my opponent knows where I stand on scoring.

Solaris: 27400

Even though I am not scoring high points...

I am having a really fun time with this game!

I will be playing every day.

Solaris 27400.png

• Like 3

I regret to say that I have seen the map and complete walkthrough solution and learned about a technique called "phasing."  I played again and got a much higher score, but I don't report it.  My highest score without seeing it was 18,120.  

EDIT: I wish I had not seen it.  I feel like if I post additional high scores now, I would be cheating.  

Edited by Living Room Arcade

On 3/18/2024 at 3:01 PM, Absalon said:

I need help, please. I just visited a "federation planet" and now I want to move LEFT or UP, but the game does not allow this move. WHY? The only way I can go is right, from where I came. But I cleared the area to the right - there is nothing for me to do. I'm stuck in a loop...help

Screenshot 2024-03-18 19.50.48.png

Pretty sure you must blow up the planet and turn the sector red, as others have said.  

Gimme a Break!  

Attention, Atarian fighter pilots!  Need a break?  Just warp to any friendly Federation planet image.png.e1731ee1e24a423d02e5ec6fdd1dc0b9.png and pull into the docking bay image.jpeg.e2c5c9cb4833b8abfb91073477f57a27.jpeg to refuel your ship and don't press the fire buttonTime in the game will stop!  That's right!  You can put the joystick down and take a break and nothing bad will happen to you or your friendly planets while time is stopped.  The game won't resume again until you press the fire button and launch your ship.  Happy flying!  

• Like 7

On 3/21/2024 at 3:21 AM, Living Room Arcade said:

Sort of a Star Raiders Sequel?  

It's the Zylons once again attacking the Atarian Federation!  And the same programmer, Doug Neubauer And the cover on the Solaris box borrows the artwork from the Star Raiders box.  So...

Solarisart_339x480.jpg.4b43c3acd383ddf6cafa02b1d38939df.jpgSRart_377x480.jpg.03653a3b6f7fbc55d98da60a0e040aba.jpg

I never put these 2 games next to each other to notice. Never really gave Star Raiders a chance before, but really loving Solaris. Now I will need to finish both of them.

PXL_20240323_003954599.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:12 PM, Living Room Arcade said:

I regret to say that I have seen the map and complete walkthrough solution and learned about a technique called "phasing."  I played again and got a much higher score, but I don't report it.  My highest score without seeing it was 18,120.

Using a map/guide is perfectly fine. We are here to have fun.

Using Phasing is a way to avoid enemies . Not sure if that bad or good in a High Score Club. In any case, if possible, you should avoid using Phasing.

Thanks!

Vocelli

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrMooCowz said:

I tried for a couple hours tonight, and didn't improve. it's kind of funny that I know what I'm doing now, but yet somehow gotten worse as far as score goes :D

Same for me. My High Score was my first game played. 20 games later... lower scores.

• Like 2

what a great game! It's so satisfying to explore the galaxy, conquer sector by sector, commute between planets with "gas stations", and learn to assess your opponents better. However, I'm still a little confused about the map and the paths (I played without a map or "phasing")

IMG_20240323_190702_970.jpg

• Like 2