IGNORED

Looking for NTSC rom of Zkeep! - have PAL version instead

BIGHMW

I wondered where I can find the NTSC version of the outstanding 2600 port of YOOMP! entitled Zkeep! I seem to have the PAL version by mistake and after seeing it on @ZeroPage Homebrew's show on YouTube I was wondering how he got his copy of it so I can play it too. 

I found out I had the PAL version when I noticed my screen acting up and flashing between a gray graphic and flashing blue every once in a while, unlike that on the show, my TV indicated (on my Insignia HDMI converter) what it was displaying a PAL upload instead of an NTSC one, so I would like to get the proper one thanks! :)

4 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

I wondered where I can find the NTSC version of the outstanding 2600 port of YOOMP! entitled Zkeep! I seem to have the PAL version by mistake and after seeing it on @ZeroPage Homebrew's show on YouTube I was wondering how he got his copy of it so I can play it too. 

I found out I had the PAL version when I noticed my screen acting up and flashing between a gray graphic and flashing blue every once in a while, unlike that on the show, my TV indicated (on my Insignia HDMI converter) what it was displaying a PAL upload instead of an NTSC one, so I would like to get the proper one thanks! :)

There is only a PAL version of the game, as far as I know, and my upscaler is managing to process the output to keep the picture steady.

- James

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

There is only a PAL version of the game, as far as I know, and my upscaler is managing to process the output to keep the picture steady.

- James

Yeah I noticed in the post description/credits of your videos you use a RetroTink 5x, I myself have a RetroTink 2x Mini but refuse to use it because of compatibility issues with certain 2600 games like Asteroids Battlezone and Warlords and also because of it acting up with both my Insignia TV and Sony home theater receiver I use it on, will it help if I use the RetroTink instead of my Insignia converter?

12 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

I myself have a RetroTink 2x Mini but refuse to use it because of compatibility issues with certain 2600 games like Asteroids Battlezone and Warlords and also because of it acting up with both my Insignia TV and Sony home theater receiver I use it on, will it help if I use the RetroTink instead of my Insignia converter?

Both Battlezone and Warlords have line count issues and corrected binaries for Battlezone and Warlords have been released.

It says on the RetroTink 2x Mini product page that it accepts PAL signal so it should work fine, but I can't be certain. There are a few small line count issues in ZKeep that I saw while playing, but they are brief and infrequent. Unfortunately, as you've seen, I believe the 2x does not play well will line count issues and might cut out the picture completely for a period of time.

- James

EDIT: Asteroids has been fixed as well.