IGNORED

Flappy Mcfur

JaggingUK

How rare is this game as one is on eBay and the seller claims only about 80 of these were ever made. Is this an accurate number or did William Thorup actually release this game in higher numbers than that. It’s one of those games I’d totally forgotten ever got released but would be interested to add to my collection but did wonder about it’s rarity. Another important question is how good is it - I’m guessing it’s pretty much a generic Flappy Birds game or is there more to it?

One hundred copies were made and distributed  (Most were sold, the remainder were gifted to individuals that helped me).  I would suggest not spending your money on something that is probably being priced way too high for what it is.

I will be re-releasing a far superior version of the game, along with two other games, in Crescent Memories.  The current plan is to publish this through AtariAge, which will make the game available to everyone who wants it for the foreseeable future. 

More info can be found at https://jagcorner.com/crescent-memories/.  I try to send out an update on this project, and other related things, once a month through my newsletter.  I would suggest following the email newsletter for the most recent information, to have a non intrusive reminder that these projects are still being worked on, and other newsletter subscriber only perks.

I just read some of the Q&A in that original thread, and there was something that I agreed to do, but I didn't ever end up doing for whatever reason.  That was to release a ROM of the game shortly after release.  I should probably work on getting that done for that old version of the game, 7 years late, and because I now I have a way of protecting the ROM thanks to @CyranoJ  Keep an eye on the newsletter for updates :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BitJag said:

I  just read some of the Q&A in that original thread, and there was something that I agreed to do, but I didn't ever end up doing for whatever reason.  That was to release a ROM of the game shortly after release.  I should probably work on getting that done for that old version of the game, 7 years late, and because I now I have a way of protecting the ROM thanks to @CyranoJ  Keep an eye on the newsletter for updates :)

If you need anything for this, reach out. Happy to help.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JaggingUK said:

What is ‘Odd It Will Be Watching’ as that looks really intriguing on the trailer…

It's a resource management/survival game, in the vein of Oregon Trail, but with a predefined narrative that continues the parody of Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy and Flappy McFur.  The goal is to survive 64 days, stranded on an alien planet, by collecting and wisely managing resources, repairing a droid and transponder that is necessary for flagging an incoming rescue ship, and exploring the area around your base camp.  I'm planning on adding in some basic item puzzle elements in the wider world that you will get to explore, and some very, very basic item crafting that affects the "potency" of your team's needed resources.  Repairing the droid CAT5 also includes some mini games to restore his natural functions, and some other optional depth to the story and world.

If you want to do some digging for some more specific information, and get a good laugh at my amateur coding skills, I've done some older livestreams on YouTube where I talk about details here and there. Look for the thumbnails that say "Jag Dev & Talk", and mention Crescent Memories in the video title. https://www.youtube.com/@jagcorner/streams