63 - The Intellivision Gamer
42 - INTV Dude
30 - DZ-Jay
24 - drludos (creator) 
21 - Papa Pete
18 - Retrobliss Gaming

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 5-11under said:

Where does one find these high scores? Do I need to log into some form of social media?

I think we posted them here.

Posted (edited)

Mike already beat the Kart Tag score. 😲 We are now at the point in that game that only almost perfect runs will be posted. I think 250.00 is possible but it would have to be perfect meaning zero tags missed and close to zero obstacles hit. In any event, it's a pretty cool game... I've only played option 1, Standard.... With the Random race I'm guessing lower times would be possible based on getting a favorable RNG? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Mike already beat the Kart Tag score. 😲 We are now at the point in that game that only almost perfect runs will be posted. I think 250.00 is possible but it would have to be perfect meaning zero tags missed and close to zero obstacles hit. In any event, it's a pretty cool game... I've only played option 1, Standard.... With the Random race I'm guessing lower times would be possible based on getting a favorable RNG? 🤷‍♂️

Ya, I was just thinking about that.  I also play standard and I think that around 245-250 is about as perfect a score as you could get.  If I had my current best on every track I'd get a 252, but we all know that doing that all in a row is tough. lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5-11under said:

Where does one find these high scores? Do I need to log into some form of social media?

This score list came from the Intellivision Invasion group on Facebook.  That one gets updated more often.

51 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

20 minutes ago, MGG said:

Ya, I was just thinking about that.  I also play standard and I think that around 245-250 is about as perfect a score as you could get.  If I had my current best on every track I'd get a 252, but we all know that doing that all in a row is tough. lol

If I get a chance, I'll try adding a bunch of "wait"s to the code to slow it way down, and see what score I can get.

Keep in mind that turning also slows you down a bit. Likely if you're tapping the left/right, you're better off, compared to continuous turning. Continuous turning at high speed may be different than continuous turning at low speed, too.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, IntellivisionDude said:

18,852 on Pensate. Died on board 9

PXL_20240509_014811545.thumb.jpg.94e99fb650e6f9ad211e770952e79139.jpg

I count 13 enemies.  That's Level 9, all right.  Getting close to winning.  Very impressive!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Intellivision Gamer said:

@nanochess I would like to donate to the prize fund ($50) to double the amount they get if that works? If so just let me know where to send the funds. I am really enjoying all of these games. 😊

Thank you very much!

I've added you at the first post.

I'll be sure to tell you where to send funds.

• Like 1

Figured I'd throw them here as well as the FB thread.  My high scores:

Got pretty good RNG on The Blob:
blob2.thumb.jpg.00081ceadad649e2f8984f3e21af351f.jpg

Pensate gets REALLY tough on higher levels!  I think this is either level 8 or 9:

pensate2.thumb.jpg.68bc2caa2bbd783ae260299e66d63e64.jpg

For the live of me I can't understand how @Rickster8 got such a high score!  But I'm trying to get there. lol:

pacupacu.thumb.jpg.ebca2b6c1175eb8af88f10b91fd6ce44.jpg

Kart-Tag isn't randomly generated in standard mode so a good benchmark for competition:

kart4.thumb.jpg.5db8ad35d5927fa080fd30e878cac58c.jpg

Canyon Escape turns from scoring in meters to a high score, which I'm guessing is a combination of lives and fuel left:

canyonescape.thumb.jpg.33667e5c1ca23df3375702aba7ab3dd2.jpg

Sheep it Up! You're gonna have to tune in to my stream tomorrow at 2pm EST to see how I did this:
sheepitup2.thumb.jpg.cc07dad03d4b44b993f03271a9c1dd0b.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MGG said:

Sheep it Up! You're gonna have to tune in to my stream tomorrow at 2pm EST to see how I did this:

sheepitup2.thumb.jpg.cc07dad03d4b44b993f03271a9c1dd0b.jpg

Woaw, this is incredible! I'm really looking forward your playthrough, getting such a highscore must require a lot a dedication to perfectly time loads of jumps in a row!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5-11under said:

Played at 1/3 speed. Likely some minor improvements could still be made.

image.thumb.png.5b4086093365718e716015b0d94b0dc5.png

Is there a newer version of this because mine doesn't ever register the best on the right? It just stays at 500.0. 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, drludos said:

Woaw, this is incredible! I'm really looking forward your playthrough, getting such a highscore must require a lot a dedication to perfectly time loads of jumps in a row!

Going live in about 45mins to show everyone how!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Is there a newer version of this because mine doesn't ever register the best on the right? It just stays at 500.0. 🤷‍♂️

Short answer: It's the same, except I added a couple of wait commands, to slow down the game. The "Best" column shows the previous best, so you can compare your current time vs previous best time. It should therefore update at the end of your second game (use "1" at start for "standard" play).

Longer answer...

First of all, there's two sets of "best" scores... one for the "standard" play, and one for any other version. I'm pretty sure this is how I set it up. For "official" high score purposes, you should always/only select "standard" play by pressing one.

At the end of your first game, your time will be shown down in the "Time" column, and the PREVIOUS best times will be in the "Best" column. The Best column will show 500 at this point, as starting/default best score. Assuming you beat the best time of 500 for the course, all your scores will be in green, showing that you beat the record for that course.

If you continue playing in the same mode, for instance by pressing one at the start (again), then after the second game, you'll once again see your current game times in the time column, and the previous best times in the best column. If you've beaten any of the records, your time will be in green (best shows the previous best, so you can compare your current vs previous).

I'm only showing one decimal place, so the score might show green or white in case of what appears to be a tie (but isn't). See course 5 in the pic above, vs course 1 and 2.

Finally, though, if you press reset or power off/on, the best times will be reset.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MGG said:

Going live in about 45mins to show everyone how!

Woaw, congratulations for finding this exploit in Sheep It Up and thanks a lot for sharing it! I would have never thought about this issue, that's why it's always best when experts players test the games and not only us developers :).

I really love your solution too, of resetting the score to 0 whenever the player touches the ground, and this is the first fix I'll implement for the next version of the game (like other participants, I'm waiting the contest to be officially over before releasing a fixed / updated ROM of the game here).

I''ll confess that I was really curious to see how you achieved this, great work on teasing / setting up a mystery :)!

And by the way, in the current version, the maximum displayable highscore is 9.999 points (4 digits displayed using 2 flickering sprites).

Edited by drludos
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, drludos said:

Woaw, congratulations for finding this exploit in Sheep It Up and thanks a lot for sharing it! I would have never thought about this issue, that's why it's always best when experts players test the games and not only us developers :).

I really love your solution too, of resetting the score to 0 whenever the player touches the ground, and this is the first fix I'll implement for the next version of the game (like other participants, I'm waiting the contest to be officially over before releasing a fixed / updated ROM of the game here).

I''ll confess that I was really curious to see how you achieved this, great work on teasing / setting up a mystery :)!

And by the way, in the current version, the maximum displayable highscore is 9.999 points (4 digits displayed using 2 flickering sprites).

Will there be a way to tell if you are playing the new version that’s fixed? Hard to do high score challenges if there is no way to tell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1